Creepy parts of the films...

Creepy parts of the films...

Postby Niall Hoenn » June 18th, 2016, 6:03 pm

Though, the films aren't in the horror genre, some people find certain scenes creepy. Whether it's a simple scene of Simba or the whole Elephant Graveyard scene, some people will somehow find it creepy.

Here are scenes I find creepy.

1. The storm scene after Mufasa confronts Scar about not attending the presentation of Simba used to creep me out, especially when the lightning flashes around Rafiki's tree.
2. The Elephant Graveyard scene gives me the creeps, mainly due to the sight of elephant skeletons, decayed elephants and the theme of death, both elephant skulls creep me out, but, this one takes the cake.
3. The scene where the camera pans up the gorge to the herd of wildebeest, the ominous music does not help.
4. Pretty much the WHOLE Stampede scene, mainly the moments before Scar's signal, the jumping rocks, Simba climbing the rocks moments before his father's death.
5. Mufasa's death scene. That lone wildebeest coming out of nowhere and leading Simba to his father's dead body creeps me out, Mufasa's dead body (the look on his face...) and when Scar slowly creeps through the dust.
Niall Hoenn

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Re: Creepy parts of the films...

Postby Elton John » June 18th, 2016, 6:47 pm

The whole nazi march thing during be prepared is a bit unsettling.

Also the fact that be prepared is a gleeful song about regicide and child murder.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: Creepy parts of the films...

Postby Niall Hoenn » June 23rd, 2016, 6:51 pm

Rafiki's drawing of Simba is sorta creepy.
The scene where Simba is lying dehydrated on the drought ridden terrain is kinda creepy too...
And when Simba sees Mufasa's face in the water, Mufasa's face just looks so serious.

Mufasa seems to have a creepy vibe about him.

I have worked out the reason behind why I find certain parts of the film, it's due to the fact the film doesn't shy away from the subject of death and gives the viewers the harsh reality of death. It doesn't show Mufasa being thrown off the cliff by Scar and being completely trampled by wildebeests, only to jump back up again, unharmed. Oh and it's not just the subject of death, it's my many weird dreams of TLK too.
Niall Hoenn

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Return to Beyond The Lion King