107 The Lion King Facts YOU Should Know!

107 The Lion King Facts YOU Should Know!

Postby Soren » April 8th, 2016, 10:55 pm

I found this video on YouTube titled '107 The Lion King Facts YOU Should Know!'
Here's the link to it: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u7O-PZN-ze4

I thought it was very interesting. Feel free to share your thoughts on this video. :D
Chasing Cars Sig by SimbasMate

ImageImageImageImage
Mood buttons by Carl
Soren
One day...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I may return.

Nickname(s): Hummingbird, Kiaraholic, Stranger, Dumbo, Balto
Pride Points: 31

Re: 107 The Lion King Facts YOU Should Know!

Postby TheLionPrince » April 12th, 2016, 3:39 pm

I watched the video a few weeks ago, and while I knew most of those facts already, it still was a fresh reminder. However, I did notice a few inaccuracies. On trivia #7, Tommy Chong was not considered for the voice of Ed, but a hyena that was eventually re-written as Shenzi. On trivia #17, the song was actually titled "Warthog Rhapsody" (as listed on the Rhythm of the Pride Lands soundtrack), but I have read recent interviews of Rob Minkoff referring the song as "He's Got It All Worked Out".
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Squeely » April 18th, 2016, 3:55 pm

Either I didn't know about #35, or I forgot. Didn't know #40, #54, #101, #102 and #107. #69 isn't true; Simba, Mufasa, and Nala all have their claws out at one point.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby zerodix » April 28th, 2016, 5:04 pm

besides several voice actors, i knew all already. cool they did a 107 facts about tlk!
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Soren » April 29th, 2016, 1:25 am

I think that they should have kept that in the original plot on #66, about Nala refusing to become Scar's queen, and getting banished because of that. I always think of TLK with that deleted scene actually happening, but that it wasn't shown. It's an interesting plot twist, and they should have kept it. Maybe they might have lost the G rating though? I don't know.

ImageImageImageImage
Mood buttons by Carl
Soren
One day...

I may return.

Postby TheLionPrince » April 29th, 2016, 2:50 am

[quote="SimbaNala+KovuKiara"]I think that they should have kept that in the original plot on #66, about Nala refusing to become Scar's queen, and getting banished because of that. I always think of TLK with that deleted scene actually happening, but that it wasn't shown. It's an interesting plot twist, and they should have kept it. Maybe they might have lost the G rating though? I don't know.[/quote]

Nah, that scene was much too creepy and inappropriate for a family audience. Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff were wise to throw it out. Nala is a strong enough character to find other reasons as to why she needed to find help. A few years later, Gary Trousdale and Kirk Wise pushed their luck with portraying sexual harassment in The Hunchback of Notre Dame and got negative feedback from parents and the press about it. Luckily, with some maneuvering, it still got a G rating. The Lion King already had enough criticism upon initial release for supposed racial stereotyping of the hyenas, portraying the brutal death of Mufasa, and claims of plagiarizing Kimba the White Lion that I don't think it needed any more.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Soren » April 29th, 2016, 9:53 pm

[quote="TheLionPrince"][quote="SimbaNala+KovuKiara"]I think that they should have kept that in the original plot on #66, about Nala refusing to become Scar's queen, and getting banished because of that. I always think of TLK with that deleted scene actually happening, but that it wasn't shown. It's an interesting plot twist, and they should have kept it. Maybe they might have lost the G rating though? I don't know.[/quote]

Nah, that scene was much too creepy and inappropriate for a family audience. Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff were wise to throw it out. Nala is a strong enough character to find other reasons as to why she needed to find help. A few years later, Gary Trousdale and Kirk Wise pushed their luck with portraying sexual harassment in The Hunchback of Notre Dame and got negative feedback from parents and the press about it. Luckily, with some maneuvering, it still got a G rating. The Lion King already had enough criticism upon initial release for supposed racial stereotyping of the hyenas, portraying the brutal death of Mufasa, and claims of plagiarizing Kimba the White Lion that I don't think it needed any more.[/quote]

Well I think TLK should have been rated PG anyways, and I think it would have been okay to include the scene, it just would have made it a movie for older audiences, which was actually what Disney originally wanted it to be, until someone thought to try to make it into more of a child-oriented movie. And I actually watched the original version of that scene with the animation still in the drawing stage, and I don't think it was creepy or anything. It can happen when there is a tyrant in power, and actually I really didn't see much that could be considered 'sexual harassment'. Then again, that's just my opinion, and as long as we don't start yelling at each other, it's okay to discuss our reasons for not wanting it in TLK, and wanting it in TLK. 8-)

ImageImageImageImage
Mood buttons by Carl
Soren
One day...

I may return.

Postby Elton John » April 29th, 2016, 9:57 pm

Uh it IS sexual harassment ... Scar wanted to make royal heirs with Nala and she was having none of that.

In fact i'd go even further than saying it was sexual harassment. But it's a word I shouldn't use on a family friendly website.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Soren » April 29th, 2016, 10:10 pm

[quote="Elton John"]Uh it IS sexual harassment ... Scar wanted to make royal heirs with Nala and she was having none of that.

In fact i'd go even further than saying it was sexual harassment. But it's a word I shouldn't use on a family friendly website.[/quote]

I prefer to use 'I think' instead of IS in big caps, I think that it can sound rude to people. Maybe I'm wrong, I geuss I'll watch it again and see.

ImageImageImageImage
Mood buttons by Carl
Soren
One day...

I may return.

Postby Elton John » April 29th, 2016, 10:13 pm

Okay.

I think it's a lot more than just merely sexual harassment.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King