How is Pride Rock is never the same

How is Pride Rock is never the same

Postby gothprincesskiara » December 31st, 2015, 4:40 pm

I apologize if there was already a topic about pride rock, but I cant post on hidden threads which dont show up anymore, anyway Ok part of me being a lion king fan is being fascinated with Pride Rock, and it has always bothered me how parts of Pride Rock are never the same, now with Lion Guard on its way, we already know Pride Rock will be part of the series alot, so how can we explain why the animators never stuck with the same Rock details for 1,2, 1 1/2, Kingdom Hearts 2 and now TLG? and remember Im talking details by different scenes. For example After Simba woke his parents up Mufasa takes a (his right) up that ramp which we believe leads to the peak of Pride Rock but you dont see this ramp in any other shot of Pride Rock, now in Kingdom Hearts 2, they dont have that, to get to the peak you have to go through the den. I hope alot of others think the same cause I really want to talk about this. Cause I cant be fully ready for the new Pride Rock till I come to peace with Why Pride Rock is never the same in any film. There is something always different in every shot.

Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Re: How is Pride Rock is never the same

Postby Tsuki » December 31st, 2015, 4:57 pm

I just thought it was due to erosion :lol:. But I just think it's down to different animators
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Captain Cupcake » December 31st, 2015, 7:15 pm

[quote="Tsuki"]I just thought it was due to erosion :lol:. But I just think it's down to different animators[/quote]

Background artists, you mean.

But yes, it's just because it's a different series of images done by various artists, so there's going to be some slight inconsistencies.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby Lynx » December 31st, 2015, 8:41 pm

[quote="Captain Cupcake"][quote="Tsuki"]I just thought it was due to erosion :lol:. But I just think it's down to different animators[/quote]

Background artists, you mean.

But yes, it's just because it's a different series of images done by various artists, so there's going to be some slight inconsistencies.[/quote]
Well unofficially in 1 1/2 the elephants slide Pride Rock into place on the menus, so maybe different props each time? :P
Lynx

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby TheLionPrince » January 1st, 2016, 2:17 am

I have always noticed Pride Rock looks noticeably different throughout the franchise, and even Pride Rock looks different during the finale of the first film where it goes from like this, where its peak looks quite smooth and not as roughly steep and curvy, to resembling its original look at the start of the movie in a matter of minutes.

But the biggest reason for its diverting appearance is the difference in art direction during the production of the films and The Lion Guard. Lion King art director Andy Gaskill and production designer Chris Sanders deliberately modeled the look of Pride Rock based on the natural mesa found in Hell's Gate National Park. I don't know too much about Simba's Pride's art direction, but director Darrell Rooney stated in the making-of documentary that Pride Rock was seen from its back side to reflect its shadowy side so different background artists created new background shots to reflect that sentiment. In the production notes of , director Bradley Raymond stated "Our art director James Gallego was able to capture the look of the original film. He spent countless hours studying the original, but also brought his own artistic perspective to our movie." The Lion Guard is obviously going in its own distinctive art direction.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby SimbasGuard » January 1st, 2016, 6:09 am

When it regards Pride Rock being different in Kingdom Hearts 2 that can be considered an alternate reality. I love that franchise, but allowing Sora to interact with the movies and characters we love requires looking at it that way. ;)
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby DGFone » January 3rd, 2016, 6:41 am

In terms of movies, it's because of different artists doing the drawing of Pride Rock. Since it is not a real location, they can't simply collect a bunch of images of it and use that as a reference. All they have are the previous movies/material, and since that is also not consistent, there is variation.

Plus, the time and money allowed into drawing Pride Rock also determines how close the artists can try and draw Pride Rock to be. I doubt that they are able to simply trace it these days.

As for KH2: The additional aspect of needing to render Pride Rock in real time on a PS2 guarantees that it will look different. Insert standard "X famous landmark doesn't look right in Y game" and apply the same logic to Pride Rock, which I doubt has many 3D renderings off.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Elton John » January 3rd, 2016, 6:56 am

Are you telling me pride rock isn't real and that it isn't ruled by leonine royalty?

Next thing you'll tell me is that elsa isn't the queen of nor- I mean arrendale.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby gothprincesskiara » January 3rd, 2016, 4:29 pm

Forgive me if Im still confused cause I dont get why they didn't use the same model for all three movies, it just annoys me how it keeps changing through all 3 movies, I think would have been easier and faster just to use the same model,rants under her tongue, stupid animators :epicshenziface: , Sorry its just I have this wishful thinking dream of exploring Pride Rock for how it real show me inside and out. and im a Disney fan fascinated with behind the scenes, and they never explain pride rock in any of the films behind the scenes, Disney just continues to piss me off. :despise:
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Captain Cupcake » January 3rd, 2016, 5:29 pm

They're not literally using models for it... It's all painted from scratch each time. They merely have images and MAYBE a tiny sculpture as references, but they don't actually take a model and edit it into the image or something. The amount of time and workload is still essentially the same. There is no "easier" and "faster" route, other than lazily reusing a background or something.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King