So sad... So very, very sad...

Re: So sad... So very, very sad...

Postby Carl » December 14th, 2015, 1:59 am

Moved to "Beyond the Lion King" as this is not discussion specifically about the first film.

[quote="Shawry111"]Oh god it makes me so morbidly depressed... That nothing... none of it... is real. Why oh why would I be cursed with this. Does anyone know how I feel? Oh god I hope so because it's difficult to contain myself right now. :cry: :( :worriednala: :curious: :worried2:[/quote]
Really? You're "morbidly depressed" over this?

I'm sorry, I don't care if it sounds harsh, but all the people who keep saying they're "depressed" because TLK isn't real or TLG isn't living up to their expectations and so forth... either you need serious mental help or you don't know what real problems that cause "morbid" depression are.

If you like TLK and don't like that it isn't real or don't like the direction they're taking it in, there's a simple solution:
Watch the part you do like, and read/write fics and make art, etc. to explore the universe through fanwork.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Shawry111 » December 14th, 2015, 3:23 am

I think I was due for the hard talk XD. Like I said in the post I did not. Proof. Read. What I had wrote. Did you miss that? But I guess morbid is a dark word on it's own, and I am sorry to break it to you but I don't get 'depressed' all the often anymore. Yes morbid is a dark word, but if you wish I can tell you when I was actually morbidly depressed? I didn't think so...

The whole morbid side was more of a descriptive term, how I do hope you don't take it so harshly Dixon. I think only some of us can speak for ourselves when it comes to being morbidly depressed. And I will admit I was very sad while writing this but I was not morbidly depressed.

P.S. To avoid anything more unnecessary I will remove that word.

Happy now. (-.-)
Signature made by Julie Skywalker, thank you so much!

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Danger? I laugh in the face of danger, ha ha ha ha

Nickname(s): Shawry
Pride Points: 4

Postby Squeely » December 14th, 2015, 4:17 am

I feel ya; it sucks to see this awesome, fun-looking world and be unable to be a part of it. But TLK isn't necessarily over. We have TLG, for one, and while it isn't quite as quality as the full-length films are, it's still new TLK stuff and pretty fun. And if TLG doesn't do it for you, well who knows. Disney could completely surprise us someday with a new TLK film. Goodness knows I've dreamt about a fourth TLK film coming out quite a few times XD It's unlikely, sure, but we don't know the future.

In the meantime, just try to enjoy your life. Do things that are enjoyable to you. Go for walks, discover new music, whatever makes you happy. If you're musically inclined, you could consider making a career out of TLK. Perhaps you'd be able to play a character in a production of the play, or pick up an instrument and join the orchestra. If you're not able to do those things, I'd recommend at least trying to see the play if possible. That's certainly a goal you'd enjoy working towards :)

You can always talk to me when you get depressed, too. I've been there many times myself.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Shawry111 » December 14th, 2015, 4:43 am

We sure do have TLG, thanks man!
Signature made by Julie Skywalker, thank you so much!

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Danger? I laugh in the face of danger, ha ha ha ha

Nickname(s): Shawry
Pride Points: 4

Postby Amur_Tiger » April 14th, 2016, 7:42 pm

[quote="Regulus"][quote="Shawry111"]And it makes me so so so so so sad knowing that it is not real.[/quote]

Well... no, it isn't real. But the people who wrote the script, composed the music, and animated the characters are real. Isn't it amazing what people are capable of?[/quote]

I'd add to this the source material, the savannah. Certainly there aren't kingdoms with just lion kings and whatnot but boiled down the struggles encountered in TLK are fairly real, what's less real is how few casualties came as a result of these conflicts. Pretty much all the time there's a tragedy as bad ( and likely worse ) going on in the savannah, and not just to prey animals, the drama in that is a pretty obvious point of inspiration in my view.

A more striped version of a heroic life of drama and tragedy can be found here.
Amur_Tiger

Pride Points: 9

Previous

Return to Beyond The Lion King