the very beginning of "circle of life" in Swahili

the very beginning of "circle of life" in Swahili

Postby thanigraphics » November 1st, 2009, 11:32 pm

When TLK starts, you hear, I guess, Lebo M. singing in Swahili, before the english lyrics of "Circle of Life" start. Now Thani, my boy, is really curious what these lyrics in Swahili mean, and what the text has to do with the story.
You also hear a kind of background choir singing in an African language, maybe Swahili, singing in the background of songs with English lyrics. Does anyone know where a translation of these can be found?
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

uh-oh, banana time!

Pride Points: 1

Re: the very beginning of "circle of life" in Swahili

Postby Simba » November 1st, 2009, 11:54 pm

he's singing in Zulu, not Swahili. here are the lyrics and what I know of the translations:

Nants' ingonyama bagithi baba (Here comes a lion, father)
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama (Oh yes, it's a lion)
Ingonyama (lion)
Nants' ingonyama bagithi baba (Here comes a lion, father)
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama (Oh yes, it's a lion)
Ingonyama (lion)
Siyo nqoba (We're going to conquer)
Ingonyama (lion)
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala (A lion and a tiger come to this open place)
[last line repeats]

there's some debate on the main chant about whether it's tiger or leopard, though.
THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE
Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

[inactive account]

Nickname(s): Simba,AJ,Amber

Postby RayCat » November 2nd, 2009, 12:04 am

I know, I've always been wondering the same thing! I'm gonna do some research ;) I'll return with whatever I find!
My graphics thread
And where the journey may lead you
Let this prayer be your guide
Though it may take you so far away
Always remember your pride
RayCat

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The lion sleeps no more

Pride Points: 55

Postby Moka » November 2nd, 2009, 12:10 am

[quote="Simba"]there's some debate on the main chant about whether it's tiger or leopard, though.[/quote]

Most people think it's Tiger, but here's a website that says otherwise: http://www.lionking.org/~taabani/
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby LilTiger » November 2nd, 2009, 12:16 am

(Go Tiger XDXD)

Yeah, I really don't know. But whatever it is I'd probably like it.
ImageImageImage
Sig by Simbaholic, userbars by WildSimba and Simba.
LilTiger

~*~

Nickname(s): LT, Lil, Tiger, LilT, ZM, Zira, Bored

Postby Simba » November 2nd, 2009, 12:29 am

well, I actuall saw it as Ingonyama n'nengw' enamabala before, which I suppose could be a contracted form for and tiger. but I also think it's more sensible for it to be a leopard since tigers don't live in Africa. of course, didn't Zimmer say it was "Here is a lion and a tiger" or something along that line in one of those "journies" on disk 2 of the special edition?
THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE
Simba

[inactive account]

Nickname(s): Simba,AJ,Amber

Postby thanigraphics » November 2nd, 2009, 12:45 am

thanks, he was wondering.... it's a kinda basic lyric, but it's fun to know what it means, though :D Thankies LilTiger!! :D
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

uh-oh, banana time!

Pride Points: 1

Postby KovusTrueMate » November 2nd, 2009, 5:54 am

I agree with Simba/AJ. I looked it up in Google Translator and it is that! :confident:

"It's the scars that make you stronger
It's the hard times that make you wise
It's the sweet things only time brings
That arrive like a blessing in disguise"
~ Bryan Adams ~

Spoiler: show
~1st Siggy by Me~
-Winner Bars by Simba-
KovusTrueMate

"We gotta go back to the future!"

Nickname(s): KTM, Kovu, Balto, and McFly (No, really)
Pride Points: 0

Postby Mike » November 2nd, 2009, 5:59 am

*casts his vote for "Tiger"* lol ^.^ Thanks for the research!
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Return to Beyond The Lion King