TLK Fan of the Month - October 2015

TLK Fan of the Month - October 2015

Postby DGFone » October 29th, 2015, 8:50 am

Since it is almost the end of October, technically it means that I am posting this topic slightly late, but nothing that can't be worked with. Back to only having a 1-month gap since the last round, remember your activities on MLK and more specifically of anything on-topic posted by a member over the previous month that has caught your eye. If anyone comes to mind, feel free to nominate them over the course of the next two weeks. As usual:

[quote]* Each month, members will nominate up to four members who they consider active enough fans to be considered "fans of the month".

* New members can be nominated one month after their joining the forum. If it's TLK fan of the month, it won't necessarily be fair to allow one-week old members to win compared to the older members who might not necessarily have a storage box of new ideas ready to be opened upon joining MLK.

*The nominations have to be TLK related. They don't have to be related to posting in the on-topic sections, but they have to be related to The Lion King in at least some way. This generally means that activities and posts in the den and Member HQ threads usually do not count.

* When nominating a member, provide a reason why they are being nominated. Unfortunately, a "I nominate 'X' because they are a great TLK fan!" will not be accepted. Try to provide a link or even a reference as to why they are a fan. Also, keep references for those that are on MLK. It won't be very nice to have members be nominated for something they did off MLK. Keep it on the forum please.

*The contest renews itself after each new year. If a member won in a year, they cannot be nominated again until the next year[/quote]

You can nominate up to four members for the next week.

Nominations will go on until Monday, August 17th. These members have already won and cannot be nominated again: SimbasGuard, gothprinceskiara, Adofo, Nicholas, thelionprince, GeminiGemelo, Elton John, Julie Skywalker, and PrincessKiara.

Nominations will continue until Wednesday, November 12th!
Last edited by DGFone on November 10th, 2015, 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: TLK Fan of the Month - October 2015

Postby DGFone » November 9th, 2015, 7:18 pm

While I still need to think of proper nominations myself, I just checked and saw that nominations end on the 12th. That's only a couple of days away, and there are no nominations in yet!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby Elton John » November 9th, 2015, 7:47 pm

I nominate captaincupcake for the normal reasons why I nominate him.

I also nominate ultra fox for being an all around swell person.

I also nominate simbaprescott for the same reason.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby TheLionPrince » November 10th, 2015, 5:27 am

Troll Berserker - She barely qualifies for this nomination, but she has been relatively active in the movies, Lion Guard, and off-topic threads, and they are fun to read and relatively informative. That said, she uncovered an article about about director Julie Taymor's original ending of the stage musical and made about a thread about it that should have gotten more attention than it did.

Ultra Fox - For an all-around, fun, and engaging personality here on the forum, and having the courage to talk about his/her personal conflicts on a very controversial social issue called gender identity and transsexuality.

Lyonize - This nomination is for finding the official images of Zuri and Tiifu and making a thread about it.

_TravelerBlu_ - Although he did it this month, this nomination is for uploading the video showing the forty pages of The Lion Guard children's book.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Ultra Fox » November 10th, 2015, 6:23 am

Flip FTW- One of the coolest MLK members to date and a big fan of TLK and other things.

Marizzle- Really nice and a huge Disney fan.

MadamLestrange- A really nice member I've enjoyed talking to who sadly is having troubles getting onto MLK due to weird blocking. She deserves it regardless.

Tsuki- For sharing her recent troubles, but staying positive. And for being overall cool and nice!
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby DGFone » November 10th, 2015, 7:11 am

And this is the part where I get unanimously flamed by MLK... *puts on a fire proximity suit*

Since this is a TLK fan of the month contest, and not just a general Member of the Month contest, there are a few key differences between how this is run and how KK's thing was done. I specifically created the fan of the month specifically to try and address what many saw as issues with the MotM, specifically it becoming a popularity contest, so in order to avoid that, these key differences are when I have to plant my foot down and say that I can't accept these nominations:

They have to be TLK on topic related.

When TLKFotM was made, KK was still running MotM on a regular basis. The reason for the two existing was that I wanted this to be able to honor those members who are not necessarily active in the den/member HQ, who are not talking to other members, but are sill very active in the on topic sections, produce fan material such as fan fiction and/or art, and other similar things, which due to their lack of activity elsewhere, get overlooked in the nominations for MotM.

For this reason, seeing nominations such as "I nominate X because they are a great friend" make me cringe because these are the kinds of nominations which I personally feel lead to MotM getting derailed.

I have to admit, though, that re-reading the rules I have set have not made this very clear. So right after this, I will go in and add an additional rule to hopefully clarify this. To further help you guys make a nomination which I can accept, here are my nominations, which I am also making in a more detailed style that I might normally do so, specifically to show you guys what I am looking for in these nominations:

---My Nominations---

Troll Berserker - Unlike TLP, I think that finding the artical on Julie Taymor does not "barely qualify" for this. Along with being active in the on-topic sections, things like finding the article really help make MLK a great place to find resources about TLK without having to scour through an entire library of different fansites and other webpages.

MiKuna Matata - Despite being a fairly new member on MLK, he is rather active on the on-topic forums, and I have a hard time clicking on a topic without seeing at least one post by him.

Hatari05 Much like the previous nomination, he is active in the on-topic sections, not to mention that his posts tend to be on the more detailed and lengthy side, which is always a plus. Not to mention that he lives in Montata this part doesn't count.

nathalie Doesn't post much, but much like the small description under her name - tlk soundtrack freak - if you are reading a topic having to do with the music, chances are good that you will see a post of her's.

These are my four nominations, and I hope that they will also help you guys find your own nominations.

--- End Nominations ---

If there is one thing I really do not want to do, especially because some of the above nominations I really, really like and agree with, but because they are not TLK related... I have no choice but not include them. It's not a good feeling to read a nomination, really like the reasoning behind it, but have to disqualify it nevertheless.

Also thinking about it, since I do still have the power to do so, if you guys want, I can restart this month hosting the regular MotM. I will need someone else to do the banners (because I am behind on these ones as is - I didn't forget about them), but I can at least create the topics so that members can also be nominated for non-on topic related reasons.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Ultra Fox » November 10th, 2015, 7:21 am

Regular Member of the Month is better. Bring that back, and then I'll care.

We're all TLK fans here, so it's even weirder rating who's the "bigger/more eager fan" than just giving a member a time in a spotlight once a month. Never saw it as a popularity contest. Some people can be somewhat burnt out on TLK itself, so it gives them a chance, too.
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby TheLionPrince » November 10th, 2015, 10:03 pm

[quote="DGFone"]Troll Berserker - Unlike TLP, I think that finding the artical on Julie Taymor does not "barely qualify" for this.[/quote]

I was saying that her nomination as a whole barely qualified since she's a new member. Remember, she joined the forum on October 6 so I had to wait until November 6 had passed to nominate her so that I am following the rules that new members "can be nominated one month after their joining the forum". Luckily, she made the cut.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Return to Beyond The Lion King