Kopa's head/tail tufts...

What color are cub Kopa's mane and tail tufts?

Brown
97%
Red
3%

Total votes : 31

Kopa's head/tail tufts...

Postby Akril » October 29th, 2009, 1:35 am

This is a kind of pointless question, but I thought I'd throw it out there just out of curiosity.

Though Kopa's mane and tail tufts appear brown in The Lion King: Six New Adventures, adult Simba's mane and tail tuft are almost the same color in the books. Because of this, a few people have decided that Kopa's mane/tail tufts aren't brown, but red like adult Simba's.

I've personally thought that Kopa's mane/tail tufts are brown since Simba's tail tuft was also brown when he was a cub (speaking of which, there's a picture of cub Simba in "A Tale of Two Brothers", and his tail tuft seems to be about the same color as Kopa's). Still, since Kopa's mane/tail tuft are almost the same color as Simba's mane in TLK:6NA, I can see why some people draw him with a red mane/tail tuft.

So what do the good folks here at MLK think? Brown or red?
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 22

Re: Kopa's head/tail tufts...

Postby LadyAislinn » October 29th, 2009, 3:18 am

Interesting little article. :)
I personally think it's brown and they just messed Simba's mane up... I had a Simba action figure that had a brown mane as well. I think it's just a mistake...
Everything By Me
Graphics Tumblr dA Profile
LadyAislinn
Scientist, Philosopher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But Always Wanted To Be A Pirate

Nickname(s): LA, Jessa
Pride Points: 10

Postby Mike » October 29th, 2009, 3:50 am

I'm going with brown, though either could be true =)
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby CommandoTheLion » October 29th, 2009, 3:53 am

that got me i have seen Kopa with brown and red tufts.... i was like wait a minute Kopa's hair cannot be Red and Brown at different scenes unless he dyed it.

but i think it was brown coz i suits him.
Xbox GT:Ex0tiicZ-Add Me Please Or PM me your GT
ImageImage
Image << By Moka
Image << By Me
Image << By SM
CommandoTheLion

Stein Um Stein!!! >:D mauer ich dich ein

Pride Points: 0

Postby LilTiger » October 29th, 2009, 1:05 pm

I agreed with brown :D
ImageImageImage
Sig by Simbaholic, userbars by WildSimba and Simba.
LilTiger

~*~

Nickname(s): LT, Lil, Tiger, LilT, ZM, Zira, Bored

Postby KopsTheTerminator » October 29th, 2009, 1:37 pm

I'd say, the artist just accidentally made Simba's mane brown. To me, Kopa's head and tail tufts were always brown. =)
KopsTheTerminator

Postby thanigraphics » October 29th, 2009, 4:47 pm

Brown.
I think this because teenager Simba, in TLK3, had a mane tuft that was red. Kopa has, as a cub, already a mane tuft that is brown.
If cub Simba had a mane tuft, it prolly would be reddish.
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

uh-oh, banana time!

Pride Points: 1

Postby Simba » October 29th, 2009, 5:11 pm

I always thought they were brown since they were also close in color to Nala's tail tuft. his mane and tail tuft is somewhere between Simba's and Nala's when I draw him.
THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE
Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

[inactive account]

Nickname(s): Simba,AJ,Amber

Postby CommandoTheLion » October 30th, 2009, 8:37 am

Hmmm mabie it turns colours when in different light shades O.o
Xbox GT:Ex0tiicZ-Add Me Please Or PM me your GT
ImageImage
Image << By Moka
Image << By Me
Image << By SM
CommandoTheLion

Stein Um Stein!!! >:D mauer ich dich ein

Pride Points: 0

Postby Akril » October 30th, 2009, 9:28 am

[quote="Simba"]I always thought they were brown since they were also close in color to Nala's tail tuft. his mane and tail tuft is somewhere between Simba's and Nala's when I draw him.[/quote]
Interesting idea. I make his mane and tail tufts the same color as cub Simba's tail tuft because everything else about him looks exactly like cub Simba, but I never thought of combining his parents' mane/tail tuft colors. Neat.

[quote="thanigraphics"]Brown.
I think this because teenager Simba, in TLK3, had a mane tuft that was red. Kopa has, as a cub, already a mane tuft that is brown.
If cub Simba had a mane tuft, it prolly would be reddish.[/quote]
I'm not so sure I agree with that. "Teen" Simba's mane in TLK3 does look a bit reddish, but the color seems much closer to his brown tail tuft color as a cub than his mane and tail tuft are when he's an adult. Maybe the lighting makes it look that way, but compare how his mane and tail tuft look in these screenshots:
Cub: http://www.mylionking.com/resources/sit ... ab_277.jpg
"Teen": http://www.mylionking.com/resources/sit ... ab_323.jpg
Adult: http://www.mylionking.com/resources/sit ... ab_376.jpg

Judging by these screenshots, Simba's mane was initially brown when it started coming in, then eventually turned red (along with his tail tuft).* Whether Kopa's mane and tail tufts would change color like this as well is a whole other topic, however. : )

*Which is ironic, since during the few seconds we see him as a teen in TLK, his mane and tail tuft are the same shade of red that his adult mane is.
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Pride Points: 22

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King