how many cubs do you believe simba and nala have

Re: how many cubs do you believe simba and nala have

Postby Elton John » August 25th, 2015, 1:53 pm

[quote="juhouh"]TLG is as canon as Timon and Pumbaa spin-off series which both seems to be a bit off from the original story line. If TLG characters are canon then Smolder the Bear, Quint and Cheetato and Cheetata are just as canon too

TLK and TLG are different but both from same company[/quote]

Usually spinoffs aren't direct continuations (assuming disney doesn't do something stupid like retconning almost everything about sp)

I always viewed tlk1.5 and the timon and pumbaa show as 'what if's' similar to the elseworlds comics at dc.

I will concede that it isn't canon IF It isn't a direct continuation of tlk2 or if they retcon the heck out of it. And kovu hasn't been confirmed to not be in it no matter what that mtv article says about kovu being dead. not even the actress for kiara or the writers of the show can legally say if kovu is in or not (i should know, I tweeted one of them).

Considering that don hahn, the producer of the first film endorsed it at D23 just a week and a half ago points towards me being right but who knows, I might be wrong.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Captain Cupcake » August 25th, 2015, 2:04 pm

I like to personally think that TLK is just its own entity, and that its film ended with the generic and genderless cub nicknamed "Fluffy." Everything else is just supplementary material that doesn't necessarily happen after(or in the third film's case, during) the original movie's events.

From Disney's standpoint, it's Kiara and Kion, though, as been repeatedly stated.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby it means no worries » August 25th, 2015, 2:30 pm

I dont really mind what others think, but my personal view is Kiara only
it means no worries

Pride Points: 63

Postby SimbasGuard » August 25th, 2015, 4:59 pm

[quote="juhouh"]TLG is as canon as Timon and Pumbaa spin-off series which both seems to be a bit off from the original story line. If TLG characters are canon then Smolder the Bear, Quint and Cheetato and Cheetata are just as canon too

TLK and TLG are different but both from same company[/quote]

Any claim that Timon and Pumbaa was canon was basically disavowed by Disney when they made Lion King 1 1/2, as anything worthwhile that was established in that series was contradicted by Lion King 1 1/2. Unlike Timon and Pumbaa which for the most part left you wondering where it occurred in relation to The Lion King, Lion King 1 1/2 let you know exactly where it was in relation to The Lion King. However I am willing to consed (Thanks to my Sister pointing out to me.) that Timon's view of things may not be what actually happened.

I believe The Lion Guard is canon, because of all that Disney is doing to make it fit into The Lion King universe. Unless The Lion Guard alters something about The Lion King (Rather than adding previously unknown details), I see no reason to not see The Lion Guard as canon.

Also like Elton John said. Don Hahn basically endorsed this series. As far as I know Timon and Pumbaa never got anything like that.

Another example to what I'm trying to say would be this:

Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter are Marvel T.V. Series that are canon to The Marvel Cinematic Universe. Now The Marvel movies, have yet to Directly reference the T. V. Series in any way. The Series tie in with or at least reference the movies often. There is no reason to doubt the canon status of the series.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Elton John » August 25th, 2015, 6:44 pm

Not completely true SG. Agent sitwell was an aos character who appeared in captain america tws.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Captain Cupcake » August 25th, 2015, 7:15 pm

[quote="Elton John"]Not completely true SG. Agent sitwell was an aos character who appeared in captain america tws.[/quote]

Actually, Sitwell first appeared in Thor as a minor character and then was expanded upon in AoS.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby Elton John » August 25th, 2015, 7:26 pm

Lol.

Kinda hated the first thor (least favorite mcu film after im2) so I kinda forgot most of the details about that movie.

It felt like a generic 80's fantasy movie where the main male lead is taken from his world and put in ours and whacky hijinx occur because he doesn't understand our customs! Just without any of the fun.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Zirafan999 » August 25th, 2015, 10:15 pm

Kiara and Kion, of course. :D
Zirafan999

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby SimbaPrescott » August 26th, 2015, 1:21 am

For me personally, Kopa, Kiara & Kion. Or in other words, anything that Disney were willing to put their copyright on. It's good enough for me :P
Although having said that, I have an alternate fan-theory as to Kopa's whereabouts (one which I've only ever seen a couple of others share the same theory).

But canon-wise, Kiara & Kion, like others have said.
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby PrincessKiara » September 11th, 2015, 8:01 pm

I agree with most people here. Their cubs are Kiara and Kion.
I don`t count Kopa as canon.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King