Kopa not Disney help

Kopa not Disney help

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 24th, 2015, 5:26 am

Ok so since I have my own page now on FB and its growing, I have had my first complaint that Kopa is not part of TLG, I need the most trust worthy source anyone can find, so I can post it to show them the truth weather it hurts them or not hurt me but I got over it.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Re: Kopa not Disney help

Postby Elton John » August 24th, 2015, 6:10 am

Kopa was 100% a product of alex simmons, who was given permission to do the books, of which were endorsed by disney but not totally sure if owned by disney.

The baby lion at the end of tlk1 was nicknamed 'fluffy' by the creators and wasn't given a gender.

The people working on tlk2 didn't know what Kopa was and now any mentions of the baby lion at the end of tlk1 alludes to it being kiara.

The painting of its presentation at dw i showed you the picture of looks like kiara.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby TheLionPrince » August 24th, 2015, 6:24 am

The filmmakers on both films never heard or refer to Kopa in their film. On the Laserdisc audio commentary (that was later transferred to the DVD and Blu-Ray releases), producer and directors Don Hahn, Roger Allers, and Rob Minkoff stated the cub at the end of the first film was named "Fluffy". Phil Weinstein, a story artist on Simba's Pride, was unaware of Kopa's existence, which leads to the thought that the entire Simba's Pride production team was unaware of the books. In fact, early in the development stages of Simba's Pride, they had named Simba's son, Chaka, but he was written out of the script following subsequent rewrites.

According to his creator, Alex Simmons admitted in an email response that Kopa was indeed his creation and that he never directly worked with the filmmakers on either film concerning Kopa's existence in the films. He also speculated that the books were meant to be seen as a separate entity from the film.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby it means no worries » August 24th, 2015, 6:20 pm

Kopa was a character in a one time spin off- NOT OFFICIAL CANNON. Why cant people just understand and accept that?
it means no worries

Pride Points: 63

Postby zerodix » August 24th, 2015, 9:32 pm

So that means kopa is actually not canon.. but isn't there a disney logo on the covers? Oh, and for us fans, we can also put kopa somewhere in the tlk timeline. Imagination and creativity is not a crime XD personally i imagine kopa to be nuka s age. So he was like a teenager when kiara was born. I expect him to be a young adult in kions timeline.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby SimbasGuard » August 25th, 2015, 6:25 am

[quote="zerodix"]So that means kopa is actually not canon.. but isn't there a disney logo on the covers?[/quote]

There is a Disney logo on the books, Disney may not own Kopa outright (I have no Idea what deal was made or what the details of said deal were). However I think if Alex Simmons were to write any new stories involving Kopa, without Disney's consent. Disney would be Furious.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Return to Beyond The Lion King