Did Anyone Else Have A Crush On The Characters?

Re: Did Anyone Else Have A Crush On The Characters?

Postby Shawry111 » August 15th, 2015, 7:57 am

[quote="HasiraKali"]If you grew out of it, yes, you're the only one. :p If you didn't... then you're not alone.[/quote]

Well I wouldn't say grew out of it but I'm not attracted to anyone, just think the characters are really charming and cute and rather hot but I'm not like, eh, it's really hard to explain. DOES ANYONE GET WHAT I MEAN?
Signature made by Julie Skywalker, thank you so much!

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Danger? I laugh in the face of danger, ha ha ha ha

Nickname(s): Shawry
Pride Points: 4

Postby Shawry111 » August 16th, 2015, 1:18 am

Well I read this, it's a good explanation:

ive seen tons of girls who said they found adult simba quite attractive, especially when you look pass the lion form and see his facial expressions which are similar to that of a human. Any true fan of the lion king would know what Im talking about *yawns*

EDIT: I mean as far as Animated Animals go, he is because when you think about the characters, all of them are, Disney doesn't make protagonists ugly usually, in The Lion King he is made out to be a person and have human like qualities, check out the animation things on YouTube, like behind the scenes etc.

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SimbasGuard » August 16th, 2015, 8:21 am

I think I get what you are saying, I however define a crush as a little more than a slight romantic interest. I can not describe my feelings for these characters as a crush. I will however say that I do love these characters for their personalities. It also helps that I admire the magnificence and power of real lions. (An admiration that became more pronounced thanks to The Lion King). I admire the characters in the way that I do real lions, but because of the way they are characterized, I see them as an idealized version of what it could be like to actually know the wild animals I admire on a more human level. Maybe a better way to put it is to say if I could communicate with real lions as easily as I can with Humans, I would like to think that the actual lions would have the same disposition as the lions of The Lion King.

As for the Characters I have great affection for I will list them separately, even though I also love the characters that are couples as couples.

Simba

Nala

Kiara

Kovu

Vitani

and just because I have yet to truly meet him Kion (although My affection for this character stated when I first heard of and saw him.)

I also have a feeling that I am really going to like Fuli as well.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on March 10th, 2022, 8:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Origibro » August 16th, 2015, 8:24 am

Nala... Though that should be exceedingly obvious, infact my love for Nala is about the same as it was when I saw her for the first time, maybe masked away for a few years but she brings me great joy and I shan't stop praising her gloriousness.
May Nala cover you with positivity, love and joys beyond compare. :P
Origibro
Nalaholic

A true Nalaholic.

Pride Points: 0

Postby Shawry111 » August 16th, 2015, 9:14 am

[quote="SimbasGuard"]I think I get what you are saying, I however define a crush as a little more than a slight romantic interest. I can not describe my feelings for these characters as a crush. I will however say that I do love these characters for their personalities. It also helps that a admire the magnificence and power of real lions. (Am admiration that became more pronounced thanks to The Lion King). I admire the characters in the way that I do real lions, but because of the way they are characterized, I see them as an idealized version of what it could be like actually know the wild animals I admire on a more human level. Maybe a better way to put it is to say if I could communicate with real lions as easily as I can with Humans, I would like to think that the actual lions would have the same disposition as the lions of The Lion King.

As for the Characters I have great affection for I will list them separately, even though I also love the characters that are couples as couples.

Simba

Nala

Kiara

Kovu

Vitani

and just because I have yet to truly meet him Kion (although My affection for this character stated when I first heard of and saw him.)

I also have a feeling that I am really going to like Fuli as well.[/quote]

Wow, I can't even describe, you summed that up so much better than I ever could and I like that list you made, maybe Kovu above Kiara but meh, finally someone got it, if Disney made them like lions would act, the movie would have been crap, but because they are based off of humans (for example the animator for young Simba got his inspiration from JTT, MB says he acts like Simba and some people call him out by that so I assume it was the same story.) and they have similarities to real people, like the way they move their hands, their personalities, their looks etc. I also see what you are saying Sumbas Guard, because I don't know if I would say a crush, but hmmm, I don't really know how to say it, definitely admire the characters, but think if they were real people, how would you feel then? I suggest everyone watch this, it is really interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY4pIqMaoBg

Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Postby Carl » August 17th, 2015, 12:09 am

I think everyone here can agree with the things SimbasGuard said about their personification.

I however, personally define a crush as being a romantic interest, though mild, towards another person. I don't have and never have had a crush on any of the characters of TLK, or of any animated movie. Personally I've only ever crushed on people I've actually met, but that's just me.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Claws » August 17th, 2015, 2:45 am

Mmmm.. well I wouldn't say I have a crush on any Lion King char, but animation and that personification thing made some of the chars kind of attractive hahaha
Claws
Imitation of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Tico
Pride Points: 6

Postby SimbasGuard » August 17th, 2015, 4:25 am

[quote="Shawry111"]think if they were real people, how would you feel then?[/quote]

Well if The characters were real that would change everything, this movie would not exist and because of that we would not then know of these animals. Although I have often imagined what it would be like to actually meet these characters and interact with them. Like the way people and animated characters interacted with each other in Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Oh Kiara was above Kovu on my list because she is Simba and Nala's daughter ;)

I remember seeing that special on Disney Channel in 1994 it was awesome. 8-)

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Timon the great » August 17th, 2015, 1:33 pm

^I firmly believe that even if a character "isn't real" as many people say, it doesn't mean they're completely fake. If that were so, then how are they able to impact our own thoughts and feelings? This is one reason why I see Timon as a friend to me.

I'm thankful that we have the tool of imagination because if it wasn't for this, none of these persons would exist at all, even before they're drawn, etc. The imagination itself is what creates them first. Not a drawing or a story.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby SimbasGuard » August 17th, 2015, 11:15 pm

Good point Timon the great, maybe I misunderstood Shawry111's question. Although Simba is a fictional character I have a real affection for him.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on August 17th, 2015, 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SimbasGuard

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King