Did Anyone Else Have A Crush On The Characters?

Re: Did Anyone Else Have A Crush On The Characters?

Postby DGFone » August 17th, 2015, 11:21 pm

I actually have story to add to what Timon said about these fake characters interacting with us in our minds and at least partially becoming "real":

A few years ago, I was driving back home from a late evening class, and I was feeling very tired and all. Combined with the monotonous driving of being on a freeway that doesn't have any turns, my mind was left to wander.

Well it just happened that quite randomly, I got this very strong feeling that cub Simba was there sitting in the passenger seat of the car looking outside the window at the passing scenery. Even then I knew that couldn't be the case, but since the feeling was so strong, I still had to look to make sure that it was in fact not the case. (Although I would not have minded if he really was there I think)

I am still not sure if I should feel freaked out by that or not, but it wasn't anything serious and for a hallucination, if you can call it that, I think it was a rather pleasant one. The wonders of a bored and tired mind...
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby SimbasGuard » August 17th, 2015, 11:41 pm

[quote="DGFone"]I am still not sure if I should feel freaked out by that or not, but it wasn't anything serious and for a hallucination, if you can call it that, I think it was a rather pleasant one. The wonders of a bored and tired mind...[/quote]

Actually if your mind was causing you to think that Young Simba was in your car with you and enjoying the scenery, it could have been a way for your mind to help you focus on your driving. You wouldn't have wanted to ruin Simba's ride. I don't know if that is even the case, but it is a thought.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on January 3rd, 2016, 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Shawry111 » August 18th, 2015, 5:38 am

Wow, that's deep man...
Signature made by Julie Skywalker, thank you so much!

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Danger? I laugh in the face of danger, ha ha ha ha

Nickname(s): Shawry
Pride Points: 4

Postby ScarsLove » August 18th, 2015, 11:01 pm

Not necessarily a crush but I do find Scar an attractive character. I don't get why people get so up in arms about characters being an animated lion or animated human. They anthromorphisize, personify and add appealing traits to the characters, physical or personality wise, to make them admirable and appealing. Their experiences and who they are as a character are what helps us to grow attached to the characters. There's nothing wrong in saying you have a cartoon crush or affection for a character. You grow fond of them and sometimes see a little bit of yourself in them. That's why I love Scar so much because I feel I identify with him ( and somewhat with Nala ) and will openly admit I do a appreciate his character and at one point have had a crush on his character. Even in my videos, I use Nala as my persona and love shipping her and Scar.

Btw, if I were a lioness, totally tap dat :evil:

Image Image Image Image

Spoiler: show
ScarsLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"All's well that's well for me"

Nickname(s): Wolfy, Nikki
Pride Points: 70

Postby Origibro » August 20th, 2015, 1:03 am

On Nala and it continues to this very day, maybe it is more than that now.
May Nala cover you with positivity, love and joys beyond compare. :P
Origibro
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

A true Nalaholic.

Pride Points: 0

Postby Shawry111 » August 28th, 2015, 10:43 am

Lol, haven't seen any of the characters for a while. Does anyone else sometimes get this feeling in your stomach when looking at the characters? Like mixed emotions of admiration and a feeling of being 'flattered' is the best way I can put it.

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Postby Regulus » August 28th, 2015, 11:29 pm

I don't think there would be nearly as much fan art as there is if people didn't find the characters attractive. And... well...

I can see why this would happen.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Shawry111 » August 30th, 2015, 5:21 am

Naw, that's cute. Yeah I see what you mean, lol. Where can I find more Fan Art like that? That's really well done.
Who do you find the most attractive? And why?

Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Postby BrianGriffinFan » December 26th, 2015, 9:15 am

I have a crush on Shenzi. She is a true beauty in th LK world and if I were king of pride lands, I'd make her my queen.
BrianGriffinFan

Pride Points: -2

Postby Gemini » December 26th, 2015, 9:29 am

[quote="ScarsLove"]Not necessarily a crush but I do find Scar an attractive character. I don't get why people get so up in arms about characters being an animated lion or animated human. They anthromorphisize, personify and add appealing traits to the characters, physical or personality wise, to make them admirable and appealing. Their experiences and who they are as a character are what helps us to grow attached to the characters. There's nothing wrong in saying you have a cartoon crush or affection for a character. You grow fond of them and sometimes see a little bit of yourself in them. That's why I love Scar so much because I feel I identify with him ( and somewhat with Nala ) and will openly admit I do a appreciate his character and at one point have had a crush on his character. Even in my videos, I use Nala as my persona and love shipping her and Scar.

Btw, if I were a lioness, totally tap dat :evil:[/quote]

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. lol

When I was like 13 I had this huge admiration-crush on Scar and thought he was super attractive. xD I also related to him really well. It's not as strong now but I still like him, though.
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King