The lion king 2, and how it possibly could be in kingdom hea

The lion king 2, and how it possibly could be in kingdom hea

Postby Elton John » August 7th, 2015, 5:26 pm

-rts 3

Recently jason marsden stated he was voicing a character he hadn't voiced in almost 20 years.

It's not max from a goofy movie as he has voiced him a few times since as recently as 2007 according to imbd.

He doesn't seem to be voicing kovu in the lion guard but what if he was voicing kovu in kh3? They did do the aladdin sequel in kh2.

Nomura has stated that it will be mostly new movies in kh3 but twilght town and hercules are coming back so it isn't out of the realm of possibility.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: The lion king 2, and how it possibly could be in kingdom

Postby Carl » August 7th, 2015, 6:27 pm

True, that could be the case. I would love for another romp in the Pride Lands in KH, and while I'd like the characters to sound like themselves, I really don't care how they sound as long as there's a return of lion!Sora. :P
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Captain Cupcake » August 8th, 2015, 6:01 am

Twilight Town's an important and reoccurring original world part of the series, not from a movie, so it's just Hercules that's coming back from the Disney side of things(unless we learn of other possible returns). :P

Anyway, apparently, it was confirmed that the Pride Lands, along with Halloween Town, will not return for the third installment in an interview with Nomura.

http://www.designntrend.com/articles/58 ... ox-one.htm

However, if the Pride Lands were to actually return, I'm willing to bet they'd probably skip over TLK2 and just use elements of The Lion Guard to help with marketing. KH isn't beyond that sort of stuff, as shown with the use of Chicken Little as a summon in KH2 to promote his film back in the day(primarily in Japan, since other regions got the game a bit later after the movie was released).

Also, KH also doesn't really do full on DTV sequels. It's true that the second installment kinda-sorta played out Agrabah similar to the second Aladdin feature, but the general concept is such a generic and predictable idea that it's less to do with actually adapting the film "The Return of Jafar" itself, and more like just bringing Jafar back and have him cause up a stir without actually following any movie's plot to the letter(although the whole Iago thing is a neat touch and a possible reference to his siding with the good guys in that film, which carried over to the TV series and KoT). They still didn't utilize any new significant characters from that movie or the storyline and stuff like that, though. It was all really just toying with the same idea of reusing Jafar as the antagonist.

Additionally, Square-Enix and Disney usually prefer to have more major features be represented as worlds. Sometimes they'd add an unexpected addition or two, but even then it's generally to bring something fresh and new to the table. Given this is the final installment of the Dark Seeker Saga, it's doubtful that they'd waste a world on a mere DTV sequel. The Lion Guard would at least be something to push and market if they reaaaally wanted to have an excuse to go back to TLK, but even the addition of that might be a stretch given the significance of this particular installment. And if the chances of that are iffy, then an old film that was part of a line of "cheapquels" John Lasseter himself put a stop to(because he felt they undermined the original features) isn't going to have a much better chance of making it in.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby Elton John » September 6th, 2015, 1:51 am

http://www.gamesradar.com/tetsuya-nomora-kingdom-hearts-interview/

Interview with tetsuya nomura, he says that the lion king world was his favorite due to just how unique sora was in it. He also says that in terms of world ideas for kh3 tlk is in there.

Also it was recently confirmed that nomura never said that there would be no revisiting of old movies in kh3, just no reused assets/world ideas.

So it is possible that tlk will be in kh3 just not in the same way that it was in lh2.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Captain Cupcake » September 6th, 2015, 6:00 am

[quote="Elton John"]Also it was recently confirmed that nomura never said that there would be no revisiting of old movies in kh3, just no reused assets/world ideas.[/quote]

Well, it has been confirmed that The Nightmare Before Christmas probably won't be used again from what I understand. The good news is that above Korean interview discussing it in that link I posted a while back was apparently a bit mistranslated and that TLK was never off the table as well, just Halloween Town and TNBC in general, hence why this new GR interview's suddenly going about it being a potential option.

If it comes back, I still think they'll skip over TLKII and loosely base the world's return on The Lion Guard for marketing reasons(obviously any TLKII elements that'll be utilized on the show like Kiara and such would be omitted to make sense of things, though). That and the fact that they often side-step the DTV sequels apart from the aforementioned slight Return of Jafar similarities for Agrabah in KHII, which, as I said before, isn't so much of an adaptation of the film as it is just bringing Jafar back and doing mostly its own thing with the concept.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby PrincessKiara » September 16th, 2015, 8:19 pm

I`d love it if they included Simba`s Pride in Kingdom Hearts 3, but like it was mentioned, they`re more likely to go with The Lion Guard, as it`s new and relevant.
Whichever the case, I`d love to return to the Pridelands and play as lion Sora again! :D
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Return to Beyond The Lion King