TLK Music learning review/Q&A

TLK Music learning review/Q&A

Postby gothprincesskiara » May 19th, 2015, 9:09 pm

Since Ive been wanting to study the music better. I though I would finally ask some question about the songs, chants and meanings. I would like to start with the Circle of Life.

[b]Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba [Here comes a lion, Father] which father are they talking about?
Sithi uhm ingonyama [Oh yes, it's a lion]

Siyo Nqoba [We're going to conquer]
Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala [A lion and a leopard come to this open place] there was never a leopard in the movie, though
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Re: TLK Music learning review/Q&A

Postby Captain Cupcake » May 20th, 2015, 2:34 pm

It's just a bit of African flavoring that kinda-sorta works in context. The opening line represents the sons and daughters announcing to their father that a lion has come, in reference to the new heir's birth and presentation. "We're going to conquer" is a little vague, but one could interpret it as all the animals putting their differences aside to see the kingdom's future ruler, besting their natural antipathy towards one another. The final line's probably the most awkwardly placed, but it could more or less reflect both the lions and their natural enemies coming out to join and celebrate the occasion. Singling out the leopard makes it look a bit clunky, but they gotta make the lyrics flow somehow. :P

If I recall correctly, I believe Zimmer mentioned in one of the Making Of videos or in "Pride of the Lion King" that the choral lyrics to the Stampede cue were also a bit vague and not entirely reflective on the actual situation, characters, or storyline. I think there was actually a page or a jpeg image containing that cue's actual lyrics on a Hans Zimmer-related website, but it's gone now. Would be nice to get a look over it.

For some extra lyrical enlightenment, here are some additional translations.

The lyrics for the choral renditions of Mufasa's theme:
Uzo libusa (You will rule)
Le lizwe (This land)
Uli buse kahle (Rule it with care)
Uzo libusa (You will rule)
Le lizwe (This land)
Le lizwe (This land)

The chant for when Simba chases after Rafiki(which would later be used for the chorus of Rhythm of the Pride Lands' "Lala," as well as adapted with different English lyrics for "Endless Night"):
We sangoma ngi velelwe (Oh, spiritual healer, I'm troubled)
We baba ngivelelwe (Oh, my father, I'm in pain)
We baba ngivelelwe (Oh, my father, I'm in pain)

The reoccurring Busa theme has a number of different variations for each of its appearances, but the chant "Busa le lizwe bo/Rule this land" is prominent in all of them. The suite-like arrangement for the Rhythm of the Pride Lands CD more or less showcases it in its fullest form.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby gothprincesskiara » May 20th, 2015, 5:52 pm

When it Comes to CWTBK

I'm brushing up on looking down what does he mean by brushing up?

I think it's time that you and I
Arranged a heart to hear. did Zazu mean that he need to have a serious talk with Simba?[/i]

Let every creature go for broke and sing what do they mean by go broke?
It's gonna be King Simba's finest fling. what do they mean by fling?

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
gothprincesskiara

Postby Elton John » May 20th, 2015, 6:08 pm

'Go for broke' means they are wagering everything on it aka they are very confident about it.

'Finest fling' in this case means simba is going to put all his energy into his royal duties.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Carl » May 20th, 2015, 6:32 pm

Moved this to "Beyond the Lion King" as it has nothing to do with MLK Radio.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby gothprincesskiara » May 20th, 2015, 6:39 pm

I never thought hyenas essential. What does he mean by this?
They're crude and unspeakably plain. How are they plan?
But maybe they've a glimmer of potential. What does he mean>
If allied to my vision and brain. Once again? huh?

I know that your powers of retention. Explain this.
Are as wet as a warthog's backside. His he discribbing how disgusting a hyena
But thick as you are, pay attention. I guess there thick headed?

It's clear from your vacant expressions. Explain
The lights are not all on upstairs. but Lions dont know what stairs are unless he mean rocks to climb?
Even you can't be caught unawares. sometimes I think his words don't make sense

I know it sounds sordid. ???
And injustice deliciously squared.????

Of course, quid pro quo. Whats pro quo?

You won't get a sniff without me! Which means what?

So prepare for the coup of the century. Coup?

Be prepared for the murkiest scam Explain

Tenacity spanning. Spanning

Decades of denial What does he mean by this?

See be Prepared never really made much sense to be when it comes to Mufasas death ad Scare becoming king, help me out on this one please

gothprincesskiara

Postby gothprincesskiara » May 20th, 2015, 6:40 pm

[quote="Julie Skywalker"]Moved this to "Beyond the Lion King" as it has nothing to do with MLK Radio.[/quote]

But isnt MLK Radio about TLK music ? I don't get it

gothprincesskiara

Postby Elton John » May 20th, 2015, 7:01 pm

Line 1: he never really cared for the Hyenas much.
Line 2: he thinks they are boring, intelectually.
Line 3 and 4: He thinks they have potential to do what he wants when combined with his cunning plans

5: their memory. How well they retain knowledge.
Line 6: water on a warthogs backside slides right off, it's a simile for how well they remember things.
Line 7: I think you got that one right

8: They look like they lack brainpower.
9: He just means they aren't very smart.
10: i'm pretty sure he means that 'you might be stupid but you're not that stupid'

11: Sordid, meaning outright immoral.
12: i'm not totally sure but i think he means that him and the hyenas have been screwed over when it comes to what is rightfully theirs.

13: quid pro quo - an exchange of services

14: they won't get by without him

15: coup - a violent takeover
16: not totally sure, maybe it means that what they are doing is a really foul trick to the lionesses?
17: that he will have his throne for a long time
18 that for a long time he believes they have been denied what is rightfully theirs.

Hope this helps!
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Carl » May 20th, 2015, 7:30 pm

[quote="gothprincesskiara"][quote="Julie Skywalker"]Moved this to "Beyond the Lion King" as it has nothing to do with MLK Radio.[/quote]

But isnt MLK Radio about TLK music ? I don't get it[/quote]
Don't double post within 24 hours. And no. MLK Radio is a live radio show that is occasionally hosted that people can tune into. Typically, one member of the forum acts as a DJ and plays songs requested by others, and the songs don't have to be related to TLK or Disney at all.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Captain Cupcake » May 21st, 2015, 5:31 am

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]When it Comes to CWTBK

I'm brushing up on looking down what does he mean by brushing up?[/quote]

It means to work and improve on something.

[quote]did Zazu mean that he need to have a serious talk with Simba?[/quote]

Yes, a heart to heart talk is a personal and honest chat between two people.

[quote="Elton John"]12: i'm not totally sure but i think he means that him and the hyenas have been screwed over when it comes to what is rightfully theirs.[/quote]

Actually, he's saying that they'll be paying back all the "injustice" they were served before and making things even, hence the "deliciously squared" part.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King