Lion King Vs Star Wars

Re: Lion King Vs Star Wars

Postby Elton John » May 8th, 2015, 8:28 am

Technically not completely true, star wars was based on old flash gordon serials and samurai films like seven samurai, which george lucas was a friend of akira kurosawa who directed seven samurai.

Credit where credit is due it took a lot of elements but made it new in the process.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby gothprincesskiara » May 8th, 2015, 12:57 pm

Well maybe once TLG is released people who never saw it or kids being born after the lion king, will probably be the next generation of TLK fandom to grow even more once they see the movie, and there is a chance it could be as popular, but thats wishful thinking i guess
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Minions8217 » May 8th, 2015, 1:02 pm

Yeah, I don't think TLG is going to have the same effect on people as TLK had. Fans aren't going to actually keep watching it again and again, since it is a kid show.
Like I said before, I believe they should have made TLG more family-friendly.
Visit my graphic den, Minion8217's Graphic Den!
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=45350&p=1214772#p1214772
Minions8217
Beauty catches the attention

but character catches the heart.

Nickname(s): Minions, Minion
Pride Points: 5

Postby gothprincesskiara » May 8th, 2015, 11:05 pm

Well because I worship TLK my life is over and has no meaning anymore(sarcastically) :,( :brokenheart:

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
gothprincesskiara

Postby SimbasGuard » May 8th, 2015, 11:42 pm

While I doubt anything will make Lion King as popular as Star Wars, I do hope (however unlikely that hope is) that The Lion Guard will be very successful, and lead Disney to expand The Lion King Brad further, beyond the Preschool market.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Minions8217 » May 9th, 2015, 12:26 am

[quote="SimbasGuard"]While I doubt anything will make Lion King as popular as Star Wars, I do hope (however unlikely that hope is) that The Lion Guard will be very successful, and lead Disney to expand The Lion King Brad further, beyond the Preschool market.[/quote]

Behind the Preschool market...what a dream lol Boy, do I wish! I don't think this'll ever happen, but perhaps.
Visit my graphic den, Minion8217's Graphic Den!
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=45350&p=1214772#p1214772
Minions8217
Beauty catches the attention

but character catches the heart.

Nickname(s): Minions, Minion
Pride Points: 5

Postby SimbaPrescott » May 9th, 2015, 12:56 am

It has potential to exceed expectations. I dare say that extreme fans are more likely to be more critical than casual fans (ie. pointing out plotholes, getting annoyed because it doesn't fit their 'headcanons', etc.), and that might cause TLG to stay more geared towards the little kids instead of attracting adults (kinda like how My Little Pony did).
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby gothprincesskiara » May 9th, 2015, 5:09 am

Well at least Hot Topic is doing us very proud, wouldn't you agree?

gothprincesskiara

Postby Regulus » May 9th, 2015, 10:20 am

The Lion King and Star Wars are similar in more ways than you'd probably think. They're both universes adapted from nothing more than simple stories. There are heavy spiritual elements present in both. It's classic good versus evil at its finest; kill the bad guys and everyone's happy.

Star Wars existed for much longer, and back in 1977, it was in precisely the right place at the right time. It was intended to appeal to a much broader audience from the beginning, and as a result, it takes the cake when it comes to the decades of established additional content. Star Wars has licensed several amazing video games, board games, books, collector's edition Lego sets, and so on. The Lion King has none of that. Okay, maybe one video game to tie in with the movie. I know there's more than one, but let's be honest here, we know the others are crap.

That's not a bad thing, though.

Actually, one of the things that I like about The Lion King is that it is so much less popular. The Star Wars universe is so overdone and overdeveloped, it doesn't have quite the same potential. It's not as fun to play with. Luke, Han, and Leia already have their own story after the movies. Anakin already has his own story. You can find all the information in the world about the Sith just from reading Wookiepedia. After a while, that takes all the pleasure out of it. Where's the fun in that?

The exact length of an imperial star destroyer is 1600 meters. There are both imperial I and imperial II class star destroyers. Dagobah's gravity is 0.9g, and 8% of its surface is covered by water. Jacen Solo is the son of Han and Leia. Chewie dies after being crushed on Sernpidal. Sure, all this crap is rendered obsolete because of the new movies coming out, but the point still stands. It's just story after story after story, fact after fact after fact—everything you could ever want to know about Star Wars is already established within the universe. There is little room to be creative.

Because there's so much that's already established, it's much more difficult to take what there is and make it your own. The Lion King offers you just one setting and one set of characters, with a very basic story that's left to interpretation. It's up to you to fill in the blanks. You can take everything at face value or add your own content to heart's desire. There really is no limit.

And you know what? I think that's kinda amazing.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby gothprincesskiara » May 9th, 2015, 2:53 pm

I think TLK is important on teaching the valuable lessons on the Circle of Life, but now we have TLG for that

gothprincesskiara

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King