What are the lions favourite kind of meat?

What are the lions favourite kind of meat?

Postby PrincessKiara » March 16th, 2015, 11:16 pm

Do you think the lions of TLK have a favourite type of meat? If they all had a favourite type of meat/animal that they favoured eating, what would it be?
You have for example noticed that the first animal Simba mentions eating when he comes to the jungle and meets Timon and Pumbaa is zebra - perhaps that`s his favourite? ;)
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Re: What are the lions favourite kind of meat?

Postby SimbasGuard » March 17th, 2015, 1:11 am

[quote="PrincessKiara"]the first animal Simba mentions eating when he comes to the jungle and meets Timon and Pumbaa is zebra - perhaps that`s his favourite? ;)[/quote]

That is the first thing I thought of when i read the name of this topic. Scar also brings a piece of Zebra to the Hyenas. so it is possible that Simba has a preference for Zebra.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby TheLionPrince » March 17th, 2015, 2:49 am

Simba mentions the consumption of antelope during Mufasa's teaching of the Circle of Life when he said, "But, Dad, don't we eat the antelope?" In Simba's Pride, Kiara starts her first hunt on a herd of Rhim gazelles (gazelles fall within the antelope species) so it's safe to assume the lions mostly prefer zebras and antelopes in their diet.

Giraffes and elephants wouldn't be too high on their diet unless they reach that point of desperation of having to consume one. They would mostly pursue the calves if they fall behind from the herd and are capable of being taken down, or the more older and sickly ones. So, it's difficult to pinpoint a specific preference of meat within the films since there's little screentime devoted to it so I assume the lions select their choice of meat based on the herd's availability.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby SlayerOfLight » March 17th, 2015, 12:12 pm

Any meat they can get their paws on I guess.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Return to Beyond The Lion King