Some other TLK fans hate Kion/The Lion Guard? WHY?

Re: Some other TLK fans hate Kion/The Lion Guard? WHY?

Postby Simbaholikov » March 20th, 2016, 6:17 pm

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]havnt you heard of the saying, your never to old for Disney :roll:[/quote]

I think someone can be too old for pre-school shows designed specifically for young children, Disney or not.
Simbaholikov

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby HereWeStand » March 20th, 2016, 6:33 pm

[quote="gothprincesskiara"][quote="juhouh"]We are all fans despite we hate or like TLG. Otherwise we wouldn't even be on MLK. I haven't watched any episodes of it so I'm not going to say it's bad but the clips I've seen so far I have become in conclusion that I'm too old for that[/quote]

havnt you heard of the saying, your never to old for Disney :roll:[/quote]

Or maybe The Lion Guard has a different target audience which wasn't to his tastes, why is this so hard for you to accept?
HereWeStand
-

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Rollo » March 21st, 2016, 12:14 pm

I think gothprincesskiara is just trying her best to defend TLG since it has gotten a lot of unfair backlash from fans, i.e the SP crazies. However, feeling you're too old for a show is a completely valid reason. You shouldn't be forced to watch it just because you're part of the main fandom. It's just a TV show at the end of the day, not a crucial obligation to being a fan.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby zerodix » March 21st, 2016, 3:21 pm

i think all people have their right to have an opinion. tastes differ. we all have different favorites and thinks we dont like. that is normal. and it is also normal to respect these differences. i...for example dislike bunga.. but I also have the unpopular opinion that i find little kids annoying. but i dont force others to think the same. and thats my point.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby gothprincesskiara » March 21st, 2016, 3:58 pm

im just saying it in a way that we are all different, and I will say too that I admit I used to watch Disney clubhouse when I was in middles school then i stopped, now i'm in college and I watch Sofia the first cause it has to do with being a princess and its medieval, and I will watch anything that has to do with DIsney Princess or princesses, and it has to do with the medieval times and I will take almost anything that has that kind of world, I dont watch any other little kid show because its not to my liking, the only 2 Disney junior shows I watch now are Sofia the first and TLG, and soon I will also be watching the new Tangled show as well as a new Latino princess show thats coming up in the future, Point is we all have different world we like with our imaginations and anything that threads threw a category that we like, we may or may like it, I love TLG no matter how many flaws it has I either ignore them or just put up with them with a grain of salt, because im in love with the TLG universe and I will take anything Lion King related,.and mostly....because I want to get more out of the movie I love in anyway possible, because its my #1 movie and I cant get enough of it .....oh and truth about me is I dont like being around little kids, But I love baby animals and baby cubs, yeah you may think its weird, but I may be one of those people who, oh whats the word my mom used to use on me...eccentric, but I prefer the word unique.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Claws » March 23rd, 2016, 5:30 am

I watched some clips, watched the first ep, I cringed a little, but obviously this is indended for kids from the new society and blablabla I just didn't like it and think bunga is completely annoying, that's it.
Claws
Imitation of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Tico
Pride Points: 6

Postby Soren » March 24th, 2016, 10:56 pm

[quote="lelizwe"][quote="KionofTheLionGuard"]And I have seen nostalgia being used as a motive to hate on anything new.[/quote]

I agree with this 100%. Many Simba's Pride fans are completely guilty of this, which is hysterical. It's almost like a parallel of each other - many fans, including myself, who prefer the original over any of the other material, have had to deal with crazy SP fans... but we've never really said much about it for the sake of not starting an argument. Now that TLG is here, the 'crazy' SP fans are ranting and raving about it constantly because it messes with their canon.[/quote]

Well, I think it's possible that I'm a crazy SP fan, and I'm not ranting and raving about TLG, because I like TLG! :kionsmile:
Chasing Cars Sig by SimbasMate

ImageImageImageImage
Mood buttons by Carl
Soren
One day...

I may return.

Nickname(s): Hummingbird, Kiaraholic, Stranger, Dumbo, Balto
Pride Points: 31

Postby Timon the great » May 7th, 2016, 5:07 pm

When it comes to a topic like this, I think Lion Guard fans should really try taking a minute to understand that their show (no matter what excuses they say about it that makes it "different" or "special"), has No exception to subjectivity or dislike / hate. It's still a television show that's already been out for months since the premiere, and that's that.

I mean, really. I don't cry when someone says something bad about Lion King 1 1/2 or Timon, or much worse, the fact that the LK fandom is 99%, 'I hate 1 1/2 because of these 1000000 personal or biased reasons and with a passion', and the mere 1% (if at that and aside from myself): 'I like 1 1/2 and I do give something about it and the fandom hate'.

So very surely, if I can take and put up with all that negativity since I joined this forum 4 years ago, then LG fans can definitely take a little bit of hate also.

This is the internet. And everyone has a right to not only say what they like or dislike, but also express that like AND dislike / hate. The fact of the matter is, the entire world is Never going to like Lion Guard, and I mainly don't either.

This is all I'm going to say on this topic.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Elton John » May 7th, 2016, 5:53 pm

People can dislike or hate the show, but it's another thing to attack fans of it. Not naming any names, and i'm certainly not saying it was you but there have been attacks against people who watch the show on this site.

I think that's why some can be defensive.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Soren » May 7th, 2016, 7:54 pm

^ Definitely, I totally agree.
Chasing Cars Sig by SimbasMate

ImageImageImageImage
Mood buttons by Carl
Soren
One day...

I may return.

Nickname(s): Hummingbird, Kiaraholic, Stranger, Dumbo, Balto
Pride Points: 31

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King