Pumbaa
45%
Timon
55%

Total votes : 29

Pumbaa or Timon---who doo u prefer?

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 29th, 2013, 3:41 pm

stupid duo
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on November 15th, 2013, 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Re: Pumbaa or Timon---who doo u prefer?

Postby OneFamilyScar » November 6th, 2013, 2:55 pm

Timon. I don't know why, I have ever since I was a little kid....
OneFamilyScar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): OFS, FS, Red-Chan
Pride Points: 1

Re: Pumbaa or Timon: whom do you prefer?

Postby Carl » November 8th, 2013, 3:34 am

You got a little... bad grammar... there.

I chose Pumbaa, because he's not so full of himself like Timon. Plus he's more relatable to me.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby juhouh » November 8th, 2013, 4:05 pm

+1 for Pumbaa :)
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby SophieCub » November 8th, 2013, 8:02 pm

Timon. :) Not sure why, maybe it's due to the fact that meerkats are one of my favourite animals. ^^
SophieCub
Childhood Spirit

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): SC, Sofaloaf, Soph
Pride Points: 139

Postby Zonofon » November 8th, 2013, 10:08 pm

Timon, of course.

I do not want to offend anyone, but it's bad how some people speak about him. But I think, that he's leading in this duo (Timon and Pumbaa).

I believe that he is more sincere, and is better able to express his emotions.
Zonofon

Pride Points: 2

Postby SimbasMate » November 12th, 2013, 4:30 am

I picked Pumbaa.

I personally prefer him over Timon because I don't like those crack-@$$ jokes he throws at Simba when he had literally just lost his father. I think Disney could have put at least a little sympathy in Timon, or have him do comic relief at the right time. Pumbaa was more sensitive towards Simba anyways. I'm not saying that Timon is a bad character or anything. He is a great friend to Pumbaa and Simba. I just can't stand him. And FYI: The reason I explained above isn't the one reason why I can't stand Timon. I just listed one because, well.. lazy and all.
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby ScarHades » February 25th, 2015, 3:42 pm

Pumbaa as I suppose he's the funniest of the 2 like his burp at night and fart from his and Timon's song earlier. I wish he could have met Scar and fight him and I wish Belle and Aladdin could meet him and keep him as their pet. It's just that I have a Disney Fun File with a sticker page in it and Pumbaa is between them with Belle on the immediate left of him and Aladdin on the immediate right of him and ever since, I say their names when he speaks and them saying his name when they speak as I can hear him saying their names and them saying his name. If only I could get Paige, Scott and Ernie to meet each other and ask them to do a scene of the 3 characters meeting each other.
ScarHades

Nickname(s): Rors
Pride Points: 3

Postby Marizzle » March 2nd, 2015, 8:53 pm

Ever since I was little, I've always preferred Timon. I liked the contrast between how "egocentric" he could be and the way he threw those "dry" jokes, always on a wrong moment, in an attempt to lighten the mood. It showed that, despite his proud behaviour, he cared about others.
Also, meerkats are adorable and quite fascinating animals. :P
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Re: Pumbaa or Timon--- Who do you prefer?

Postby Timon the great » June 1st, 2015, 6:57 am

Even though I don't support them being commonly seen as a duo, there's definitely no need for me to say here who I prefer and voted for. But between the two, I'll agree that Pumbaa has more correct knowledge about certain things. But just because someone knows more doesn't necessarily make them anymore meaningful.

What I mean here is that Timon understands more about life itself. He knows what it means to experience it. And so, it's very understandable to me why this hero, for example, behaves self-centered once in a while or sarcastic, due to his earlier day experiences by being bullied by his meerkat colony members from LK 1 1/2 concept art.

From what I also see, Pumbaa seems to be the one who is more kid-friendly, while Timon is more appealing to adults because of his mature humor that's especially seen on 1 1/2. Timon never fails to make me laugh and always find him intriguing in all ways from the films.

[quote="Marizzle"]Ever since I was little, I've always preferred Timon. I liked the contrast between how "egocentric" he could be and the way he threw those "dry" jokes, always on a wrong moment, in an attempt to lighten the mood. It showed that, despite his proud behaviour, he cared about others.[/quote]
I agree with most of this. I even find his "dry" jokes to be funny. And I don't think he tries to make Simba feel worse when they meet in the first film, because as you mentioned, he does try to enlighten a situation. It's the same thing too when he tells Pumbaa that "friends stick together to the end" on his film.

[quote]Also, meerkats are adorable and quite fascinating animals. :P[/quote]
I've always considered him to be the "human" character of the films because of how close he appears as one and his behavior where he even lays down to relax like a person does with his feet crossed. He really doesn't act much like a meerkat at all. Especially on his film of 1 1/2 and also because of his appearance here. So it's really hard for me to distinguish him between person and animal. But that's nothing bad to me. I'd rather see him as a complete person (still in his own appearance from his film, of course), than an animal.
Last edited by Timon the great on July 2nd, 2015, 5:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King