Share your unpopular LK opinions

Re: Share your unpopular LK opinions

Postby Elton John » May 24th, 2016, 9:34 am

Dunno how unpopular this opinion is but I think that Kion is one of the better characters in the tlk franchise.

He's

-responsible
-isn't prone to making too many dumb mistakes, but he does make a few every now and then.
-He's brave and strong but isn't above asking others for help.
-he's willing to let go of preconcieved notions, like assuming that every hyena is evil.
-the lion mark on him is silly but otherwise i like his design.
-he's a bit conflicted, he doesn't want to abuse his power and be like scar.
-Speaking of his powerful roar, he can solve problems without relying on it as a crutch.
-His english voice actor does a decent enough job.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Chavratheserval » June 18th, 2016, 9:29 am

I love the Lion guard.
I think Zira and Scar had a thing going on.
Hey there! :glad:
Nicest person you'll ever meet. :P

Love the Lion king! ;)

Check out my Deviantart page!http://sonicboom4560.deviantart.com/
Chavratheserval
NO WAY NO HOW I WON'T SAY I'M

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

my special BROWNIE in life

Nickname(s): Rere
Pride Points: 10

Postby SimbasGuard » June 19th, 2016, 12:27 am

@ Elton John: I adore Kion as well he is a great addition to the franchise. That is why I am hoping than when Nuka, Vitani, and Kovu show up, The Lion Guard will be made to work with Lion King 2 rather than confirm that it is a separate continuity.

[quote="Chavratheserval"]I think Zira and Scar had a thing going on.[/quote]

I am of that mind as well, I can't see Zira being so fanatically devoted to Scar, if Scar had not given her some kind of favorable treatment.

As for my unpopular Lion King opinion. I took a lot of flack on You Tube for stating this, so I wanted to see how people would react here when I say this:

I ship Kion And Vitani.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Chavratheserval » June 19th, 2016, 10:24 am

I...actually like that idea too, better than Kopa x vitani in my opinion.(my sister would hate me...)

I think Kopa is just :/ meh.
Hey there! :glad:
Nicest person you'll ever meet. :P

Love the Lion king! ;)

Check out my Deviantart page!http://sonicboom4560.deviantart.com/
Chavratheserval
NO WAY NO HOW I WON'T SAY I'M

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

my special BROWNIE in life

Nickname(s): Rere
Pride Points: 10

Postby SimbasGuard » June 20th, 2016, 7:18 am

I did like (and actually still do) the Idea of Kopa x Vitani. Kion however is( at least at this point )a canon character. Kion and Vitani could be an actual Canon couple. 8-)
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Squeely » June 28th, 2016, 9:57 am

I was a fan of the Kopa and Vitani pairing, so Kion and Vitani is pretty much the same thing in my book. Except better in my opinion, because Kion is a better character than Kopa. Sorry Kopa fans, but fanworks are the only areas where Kopa really shines imo. Book Kopa isn't that dynamic of a character and he's just a Simba clone, design-wise. I also think Kion would have more chemistry with Vitani than Kopa would.

At the same time, I don't think every character needs to be paired off, and I like the thought of Vitani just being good on her own. But I've always paired her with a Simba's son character when I did pair her, lol. And will continue to do so unless we get any confirmation that she's related to Scar.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Carl » June 28th, 2016, 4:14 pm

Vitani is related to Kovu, though, who marries Kiara, who is Kion's/Kopa's sister. I'm apparently the only one who finds this weird, so I don't know why people keep posting their very popular TLK opinions in the unpopular opinions thread.

Most people think Zira and Scar were mates and most people ship Vitani with Simba's son. Also, from what I've found, a lot of people love TLG. So... those aren't really unpopular opinions lol.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Akril » June 28th, 2016, 7:24 pm

I guess the most infamous opinion I have is that Naanda and Sarafina are the same character. They seem to be considered separate characters despite both of them being Nala's mother in the 1990 drafts of the script and the final film (to be fair, Naanda is one of Sarabi's sisters, but only in the earlier draft -- in the later one, she is just Nala's mother).

I mean, in the early scripts, there's also a huge, muscular, somewhat intellectually bereft rogue lion named Scar who enters the pride sometime after killing his own brother, who kills Mufasa in a fight to the death when Simba is an adolescent. Even though there are far more differences between EarlyDraft!Scar and FinalDraft!Scar than there are differences between Naanda and Sarafina, the two Scars seem to be considered to be the same character that underwent some extreme design/personality changes during the film's production, while Naanda and Sarafina are nearly always considered to be separate characters.

Would EarlyDraft!Scar be considered a different character if he had nearly all of the characteristics of FinalDraft!Scar but had a different name? I dunno; it's just something I've thought about.

EDIT: Also, I think that Rina and Rada are woefully underrated. I was thinking of drawing them giving an infant Bunga to Timon and Pumbaa (saying that they found him on his own, he seemed to be orphaned, and they were too old to raise him themselves) before "The Search For Utamu" pretty much blew that idea out of the water.
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 22

Postby Sigurd » June 28th, 2016, 11:10 pm

I don't really hate the song Upendi
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby Squeely » June 28th, 2016, 11:19 pm

[quote="Simbaist"]I don't really hate the song Upendi[/quote]
I like Upendi. Sure it's probably one of the weaker songs and is kinda weird in SP itself, but imo it's still a good song. Maybe I'm just too used to it to hate it, since I've been listening to it since I was 8, but either way, I like it.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King