Share your unpopular LK opinions

Re: Share your unpopular LK opinions

Postby Animal of the Wild » November 2nd, 2013, 10:00 pm

Adult Simba and Nala are huge improvements over their cub counterparts.
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on March 31st, 2014, 6:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby Carl » November 2nd, 2013, 10:08 pm

[quote="Simba the Lion King"]Shenzi Banzai and Ed survived.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure most people think they survived, so why would this be an "unpopular" opinion?
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Animal of the Wild » November 2nd, 2013, 10:09 pm

Eh, another bogus post I made. I'm doing my best to get rid of 'em.
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on March 31st, 2014, 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby Carl » November 3rd, 2013, 8:20 pm

I pretty much detest the Pridelanders in SP. Nala didn't have a role basically at all, she had like 5 lines the whole movie, Simba was a jerk, Kiara was arrogant, stuck-up and full of herself, not to mention ditzy and naive. Sarabi and Sarafina were mysteriously absent, and the others were just extras so of course there's no character to them to like. I can relate to all of the named Outlanders on some level except Kovu. The only reason I considered Zira to be bad was because she seemed way too crazy and because I know what Simba went through in the first movie... not that this shadow of Simba is even deserving of the name in my opinion.

I see Timon and Pumbaa as a gay couple who adopted and raised Simba as a son.

I actually like the "Upendi" scene/song.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby RedKite » November 3rd, 2013, 9:07 pm

[quote="Timon the great"][quote="RedKite"]1.5 was a waste of time. (Sorry)

Ma and Timone was a brilliant relationship and needed a more important place in 1.5[/quote]
Those don't make sense because if you say that TLK 1 1/2 is a waste of time, then Timon and Ma's relationship is also a waste of time because it pertains to the Same film.

And it's Timon. Not "timone". You should know that already if you got all the other character names right.[/quote]

Alright, alright, don't get all defensive with me just because I spelt a character's name wrong.... :roll: And yes, I DO think that 1.5 was a waste of time in terms of the storyline, BUT I think that it's an Ok movie and that Ma and timoN had a nice relationship and that it needed to be shown more. Ok?
RedKite
Protector of the Circle

Defender of Life

Nickname(s): Red, Redd, Reddie, Kite
Pride Points: 5

Postby EdtheHyena » November 17th, 2013, 8:12 am

I think the franchise is a liiiiiittttttle overated. I think the original movie is overblown at times.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby EdtheHyena » December 6th, 2013, 4:42 am

[quote="EdtheHyena"]I think the franchise is a liiiiiittttttle overated. I think the original movie is overblown at times.[/quote]

[quote="RedKite"]
Shenzi and Timone should've got married in 1.5[/quote]

While I don't think he deserves her, I agree that they should have showed the final fate of Shenzi, at least, in the last movie. I would be much more accepting of the movie if that had at least been shown.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Postby AnnaM » December 6th, 2013, 2:34 pm

[quote="Ninaroja"]I think TLK 1.5 is better than SP[/quote]
I agree! I don't like SP as a sequel for the Lion King. Timon and Pumba "deserved" a movie about them.
AnnaM
I am the flea

in Scar's goatee!

Pride Points: 4

Postby EdtheHyena » December 7th, 2013, 12:11 am

So do the hyenas.

Which, I guess, also qualifies as an unpopular opinion,

EdtheHyena

Postby AnnaM » December 7th, 2013, 2:41 am

I agree with EdtheHyena. I think it would have been better for sequel-producers to address already existent problems/questions about the original film (like whether the hyenas survived and if so, whether they lived with the lions after Scar's death and Simba's takeover of the throne), rather than create a whole new conflict based on otherwise unheard-of "outsiders." Non-lion characters are important: If it weren't for Timon and Pumbaa's kindness, Simba would've died, and if it weren't for the hyenas, Scar would still be around (which I might like actually, but it would be unjust, as Scar, being a murderer, deserved to have his life taken, too). The hyenas served justice.
AnnaM
I am the flea

in Scar's goatee!

Pride Points: 4

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King