Share your unpopular LK opinions

Re: Share your unpopular LK opinions

Postby Elton John » June 29th, 2016, 5:47 am

I like listening to upendi by itself but in the movie it's just.... Eh.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Chavratheserval » June 29th, 2016, 11:18 am

I think Nuka is the only son of Zira and Scar.
Hey there! :glad:
Nicest person you'll ever meet. :P

Love the Lion king! ;)

Check out my Deviantart page!http://sonicboom4560.deviantart.com/
Chavratheserval
NO WAY NO HOW I WON'T SAY I'M

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

my special BROWNIE in life

Nickname(s): Rere
Pride Points: 10

Postby FireAndSun » July 2nd, 2016, 4:02 am

I don't get why so many people seem to sympathize with Scar or even try to justify his deeds to some extent. Don't get me wrong, I like Scar. He's a great villain. So I like him in terms of how well written he is. But in terms of his actual character and actions, I despise him. There is literally nothing sympathetic about him to me. He's cruel, power hungry, acts childish, and is incredibly narcissistic. The song Be Prepared even has him singing how he'll be "seen for the wonder he is" after he takes over Pride Rock. And later scenes of him after he takes over him Pride Rock show him to be a petty and petulant ruler. In fact, an interesting thing I read a while ago kind of showed that Scar actually shows a lot of traits indicating he may be a sociopath. I find fanfics that try to portray Scar in a more sympathetic light to be interesting now and then, but in terms of canon there's nothing at all to suggest he does what he does for any other reason than his ego and hunger for power. He's a great villain for sure. But he's a mostly unsympathetic one who got exactly what he deserved in my eyes.
FireAndSun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 25

Postby SimbasGuard » July 8th, 2016, 6:36 am

[quote="Carl Skywalker"]Vitani is related to Kovu, though, who marries Kiara, who is Kion's/Kopa's sister. I'm apparently the only one who finds this weird,[/quote]

I get why you would think that way, but Kovu and Kiara getting married makes. Kovu Kion's/Kopa's Brother In-Law and it makes Kiara Vitani's Sister In-Law. It does not make Kion/Kopa and Vitani connected in any way.

[quote="Chavratheserval"]I think Nuka is the only son of Zira and Scar.[/quote]

I know Disney says that this is not the case, but I have never been able to abandon this idea either.

@FireAndSun: I agree with you about Scar.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on July 30th, 2016, 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Carl » July 8th, 2016, 7:22 am

^ All the same, it makes them related by marriage, and most people wouldn't want to marry the sibling of their brother/sister-in-law because that is weird. If my sister married someone, I would be weirded out at the idea of marrying his sister. It's kind of weird to me that most people don't find either of these pairings (Kion x Vitani, Kopa x Vitani) strange if Kovu and Kiara are together even though if it were humans they probably would. Or maybe I view romance/marriage very differently from most people.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Troll Berserker » July 9th, 2016, 9:22 am

[quote="FireAndSun"]I don't get why so many people seem to sympathize with Scar or even try to justify his deeds to some extent. Don't get me wrong, I like Scar. He's a great villain. So I like him in terms of how well written he is. But in terms of his actual character and actions, I despise him. There is literally nothing sympathetic about him to me. He's cruel, power hungry, acts childish, and is incredibly narcissistic. The song Be Prepared even has him singing how he'll be "seen for the wonder he is" after he takes over Pride Rock. And later scenes of him after he takes over him Pride Rock show him to be a petty and petulant ruler. In fact, an interesting thing I read a while ago kind of showed that Scar actually shows a lot of traits indicating he may be a sociopath. I find fanfics that try to portray Scar in a more sympathetic light to be interesting now and then, but in terms of canon there's nothing at all to suggest he does what he does for any other reason than his ego and hunger for power. He's a great villain for sure. But he's a mostly unsympathetic one who got exactly what he deserved in my eyes.[/quote]
THIS
And same to Zira. She's manipulative and vengeful, there's nothing that suggest that she even truly loved her children. Most of the time she was using them as tools of her own revenge and when they turned on her she showed no grief or sympathy, just anger. Seriously people, stop puryfying Zira. She's good being bad.
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Postby Alexterri1 » July 11th, 2016, 4:39 pm

I don't think Nala is Mufasa or Scar's daughter

I like Scar and Zira a lot, but I really don't think people should justify what they did: Basically what you guys said. They are interesting villains, but being interesting does not equal being justified
What is the difference between a cat and a comma? One has claws at the end of its paws, and the other is a pause at the end of a clause :D
Alexterri1
Queen of the Pridelands

We are One

Nickname(s): Alex
Pride Points: 6

Postby PridelandsPhantom » July 15th, 2016, 1:22 pm

My unpopular opinions are as follows:

I believe Kopa is cannon and I like the Kopa/Vitani pairing
I like Zira better as a villain than Scar
I think Nuka is Scar and Zira's son
Sarabi doesn't get the respect she deserves or enough screen time
Zazy deserves a bigger role
Sarafina needed more lines and screen time
There should be more cubs shown
SP should have focused on more than just Kiara and Simba's relationship but Nala and Kiara to
Oh boy, I like the love story between Kovu and Kiara but find it too much at times and too fast and naive. Slow down
I don't like the idea of Kovu as king
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Postby Squeely » July 25th, 2016, 4:07 pm

[quote="Carl Skywalker"] It's kind of weird to me that most people don't find either of these pairings (Kion x Vitani, Kopa x Vitani) strange if Kovu and Kiara are together even though if it were humans they probably would. Or maybe I view romance/marriage very differently from most people.[/quote]
Understandable that you find it weird. Even so, incest is very common among lions in real life, so a ship that's not technically incest being popular does make some sense, especially since we don't hear mention of other lion prides, and we see very few male lions throughout the films. I agree that it would be weirder for humans, but, humanized they may be, they're still lions, not humans. We don't know how many, or how few, prides are out there, unlike humans, where we could reasonably assume that humans have plenty of towns and whatnot. We don't know what the TLK world looks like on a larger scale, and so, shippers are left with few options among the characters who can be considered canon and semi-canon. And sure, anyone can create a separate pride and ship one of their characters with a canon character, but doing so isn't likely to have as widespread of an appeal over characters that one can get to know through officially-released works. So in this sense, it stands to reason that such a ship would be popular.

[quote="Alexterri1"]I don't think Nala is Mufasa or Scar's daughter[/quote]
While The Lion Guard never outright denied Mufasa or Scar being Nala's father, it denied it in a sense. We were shown a Rafiki painting of a lion with hair as red as Kion's and a golden pelt, so that crosses Scar off the list. While Mufasa could still fit that description if one takes liberties with his mane color, it's also notable that the lion was referred to as "Nala's father", not "Mufasa", even though Mufasa is often referred to by name in the series. So, it's clear that the intent was to also cross Mufasa off the list. Sure, TLG's canon-ness is a tad questionable, but it's the most canon answer we've gotten thus far.

[quote="PridelandsPhantom"]
SP should have focused on more than just Kiara and Simba's relationship but Nala and Kiara to[/quote]
I second this. SP really sidelined Nala, and she was in dire need of a scene showing her bonding with Kiara. Considering the events that took place, it feels odd at times that Nala doesn't help or comfort Kiara at certain points.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby PridelandsPhantom » February 27th, 2017, 4:30 am

I don't really like Kovu and Kiara together in the Lion King II it feels forced and unreal. I said it. I like Kopa and the Kopa and Vitani ship
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King