Share your unpopular LK opinions

Re: Share your unpopular LK opinions

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 7th, 2013, 12:06 am

"Circle of Life" and "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" are the movies best songs, although this may not be an unpopular opinion.
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on March 31st, 2014, 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby Carl » October 7th, 2013, 3:45 am

I like both SP and 1.5 almost as much as the original.

I HATE the Vitani x Kopa pairing.

I like the theory that Scar is Nala's father.

Contrasting with the last one, I also sometimes like Scar x Nala (not if they're related, ewww!)

I actually like Timon and Pumbaa.

I can relate to the hyenas and the Outlanders more than I can to many of the Pridelanders.

I don't believe Ahadi or Mufasa mistreated Scar, I don't believe the hyenas turned him evil, and I don't think he was just always evil.

I think after Mufasa's death Sarabi probably had a fling with Sarafina.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Regulus » October 7th, 2013, 7:10 am

I think the hyenas were treated unfairly.

I think Mufasa could have been a bit of a bigot.

I think SP is okay for what it is, but it needs to be completely rewritten to be on par with the original.

I don't think Zazu should have been in SP.

I don't particularly like Kiara. She's not pretty, I don't like her cub or adult voice, and she's as bland as a princess could possibly be. I find it hard to believe that she's supposed to be Nala's daughter. She's nothing like Nala, or Simba, for that matter.

I have no idea why Nala was never in charge of things, because she was essentially the only voice of reason in both TLK 1 and TLK 2. Even as a cub, it was her idea. Simply put, Nala is freaking awesome. That fact should never be argued with.

I want to believe that Nala was forced to leave the Pridelands because she tried to kill Scar on her own, after dealing with all his crap. She doesn't seem to take crap from anyone, and like to think that applies to Scar as well.

I don't really like CoL that much. It's okay, but it's not great like Be Prepared, We are One, CYFTLT, and IJCWTBK.

I want to believe that Sarabi died just after Simba returned, simply because it's the only possible explanation for her absence in TLK 2 and I really hate that. I would love to see some scenes with Simba and Sarabi, or even Nala and Sarabi, after Scar's reign.

The fact that Sarafina was only given one line kinda irks me.

Sarafina's name kinda irks me in itself. It sounds like some brand of overpriced, bottled spring water. I know Sarafina is actually the name of another Disney movie with Whoopi Goldberg in it, but come on... don't tell me you think that's what her name is a reference to. It's obviously spring water, instead. If I had my own waterhole, I'd name it Sarafina.

In my self-canon, Nuka is Scar's son. And, yes, I feel bad for him.

I completely disregard all of TLK 1.5 from my self-canon, except the cute Simba cub scenes.

That being said, I actually rather like Pumbaa, despite his flatulent behavior. As someone who is lactose intolerant and enjoys Mexican food, I can relate to him.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Lauren » October 7th, 2013, 12:24 pm

I love both the original and SP equally.

I wish to see flashbacks to the childhoods of Mufasa, Scar, Sarabi, and even Rafiki (How does he look when he's younger? :P )

Zira's suicide in the original production of SP gives me chills.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 9th, 2013, 5:12 am

The Lion King borrows perhaps a tad too much from Bambi.
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on March 31st, 2014, 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby Claws » October 13th, 2013, 1:26 am

I don't like Nala or Mufasa
I like 1.5 > SP
I totally dislike SP
Claws
Imitation of Life

Nickname(s): Tico
Pride Points: 6

Postby Ninaroja » October 30th, 2013, 4:53 pm

Depending on my mood
Sometimes He Lives in You > Circle of Life
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby RedKite » October 30th, 2013, 5:08 pm

Nuka shouldn't have died.

Hyenas were unfairly treated and need their own movie.

Kiara is annoying and a bad example to represent lionesses and girls.

Kopa is actually canon, or should be.

Vitani should have had a bigger part.

Sarafina only had one line! She deserved a bigger part.

Shenzi is the best hyena, along with Ed.

zira survived the fall.

Scar didn't die.

Mufasa survived somehow.

There wasn't enough involvement of mother daughter relationships in SP.

1.5 was a waste of time. (Sorry)

Ma and Timone was a brilliant relationship and needed a more important place in 1.5

Shenzi and Timone should've got married in 1.5
RedKite
Protector of the Circle

Defender of Life

Nickname(s): Red, Redd, Reddie, Kite
Pride Points: 5

Postby Timon the great » October 31st, 2013, 1:10 pm

[quote="RedKite"]1.5 was a waste of time. (Sorry)

Ma and Timone was a brilliant relationship and needed a more important place in 1.5[/quote]
Those don't make sense because if you say that TLK 1 1/2 is a waste of time, then Timon and Ma's relationship is also a waste of time because it pertains to the Same film.

And it's Timon. Not "timone". You should know that already if you got all the other character names right.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Scars Mate » October 31st, 2013, 10:51 pm

[quote="KristinaKiara"]I find Scar hot XD[/quote]
I agree

Ask Me ~o~ My Graphics
-Signature by the amazing Shadowfax-
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!”
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Whatever :3
Pride Points: 44

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King