Share your unpopular LK opinions

Re: Share your unpopular LK opinions

Postby MooLion » February 24th, 2016, 12:04 am

... Just a little opinion, that's all. Came across quite a few TLK fans who like her through the years. Different circles? *shrug*
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby Alexterri1 » February 24th, 2016, 12:12 am

Meh, maybe we just talk to different people. I have met people who liked her but I've seen a lot of people who didn't care for her
What is the difference between a cat and a comma? One has claws at the end of its paws, and the other is a pause at the end of a clause :D
Alexterri1
Queen of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are One

Nickname(s): Alex
Pride Points: 6

Postby Troll Berserker » February 24th, 2016, 12:30 pm

But I've also seen people that really liked Sarafina. They even said it was their favourite character. Yeah, 1 line of text, in the movie for about a minute and does absolutely nothing. That's way too less to call character a "favourite"
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » February 27th, 2016, 9:00 pm

I'm not sure if this is unpopular or not, but I think we all need to realise (especially in the RP/fanfic world) that we have made these characters into what we want them to be. The majority of say, Sarafina's traits or Kovu's traits are completely fan-made. The majority of the characters in all the movies are not well developed at all.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby Carl » February 27th, 2016, 9:16 pm

^ To be honest, that's why I like characters like Sarafina, Vitani, Nuka, etc. Because I can develop them myself and have more freedom with them.

But as far as the canon goes, I wouldn't call any of them my favorite. My favorite is not at all an unpopular opinion. :P
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Shawry111 » February 29th, 2016, 11:44 am

Completely agree with you guys, the characters are just who we want them to be inside us. Although since Sarafani is not mentioned frequently etc. I can't say a lot... But she seemed pretty cool. :D
Signature made by Julie Skywalker, thank you so much!

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Danger? I laugh in the face of danger, ha ha ha ha

Nickname(s): Shawry
Pride Points: 4

Postby Alexterri1 » May 20th, 2016, 5:19 pm

[quote="Killjoy Dixon"]^ To be honest, that's why I like characters like Sarafina, Vitani, Nuka, etc. Because I can develop them myself and have more freedom with them.

But as far as the canon goes, I wouldn't call any of them my favorite. My favorite is not at all an unpopular opinion. :P[/quote]

Yeah, I agree. I find it easier to write character when I'm given more room to flesh them out myself then have to go exactly by canon XD
What is the difference between a cat and a comma? One has claws at the end of its paws, and the other is a pause at the end of a clause :D
Alexterri1
Queen of the Pridelands

We are One

Postby Squeely » May 20th, 2016, 9:04 pm

Ono is my favorite member of the Lion Guard. I sadly have a feeling he'll be constantly overlooked by the writers ;-;

I like Bunga.

I don't care much for Kopa and he isn't that interesting to me.

Zazu is far too underrated. I know most of us didn't care much for him as a kid, because back then, he was the annoying babysitter we didn't want. But looking at Zazu through an adult lens, I relate to him a heck of a lot, and find him to be a lot funnier. And he was very brave in TLK. It's a little depressing that he's relegated to such small roles in sequel material, which no doubt furthers fans not caring for him as much. :embarrassed:
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Gaze » May 20th, 2016, 10:44 pm

- Bunga REALLY is not that bad and doesn't deserve the extreme hatred

- Timon and Pumbaa, while probably my least favorite characters (simply because I'm just not that interested in them), are also really not that bad and weren't truly doing anything wrong in the way they raised Simba......I think their lifestyle is admirable.....they just didn't know they were holding Simba back from anything because he clearly never wanted to tell them, and they respected his privacy

- the timon and pumbaa cartoon is yet another thing that is not that bad.....it doesn't add anything to the franchise in terms of plot or character development, it's just a fun cartoon, and the segments w/ the hyenas are great

- while I wish the third film was something more serious that really added onto the TLK-verse in a cool way, 1 1/2 is.....yet again....not that bad. the songs are really catchy, the animation is great, and the elaboration on Timon's character is neat. I hated it on principle back in the day, but I rewatched it recently and thought it had some real solid entertainment value. it's a fun movie.....

- SP's flaws and inferiority to the first film don't make it worth hating on....it deserves to be appreciated for what it is. I luv it even if it could be better

I guess my opinion overall is that very few things in the franchise are worth having strongly negative feelings about, lolll

[quote="Squeely"]Zazu is far too underrated. I know most of us didn't care much for him as a kid, because back then, he was the annoying babysitter we didn't want. But looking at Zazu through an adult lens, I relate to him a heck of a lot, and find him to be a lot funnier. And he was very brave in TLK. It's a little depressing that he's relegated to such small roles in sequel material, which no doubt furthers fans not caring for him as much. :embarrassed:[/quote]
I agree!
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Postby Alexterri1 » May 20th, 2016, 11:42 pm

I think the hyenas were kinda treated unfairly
Alexterri1
Queen of the Pridelands

We are One

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King