The Lion King Questionnaire

Re: The Lion King Questionnaire

Postby Mufasa13 » November 9th, 2011, 4:54 pm

1. How long have you been a Lion King fan?

As much as I can remember. I'm 13 now, so maybe for about 5 years, I guess. :)

2. Which is your favourite movie? A) The Lion King B) The Lion King 1 1/2 C) The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride

All three. XD

3. How long have you been in the online fandom?

Ummm, for about 2 years...

4. Are you hoping for a new Lion King movie?

OH YES... Who don't??? :D

5. What kind of art do you do? A) Fan Art B) Fan Fiction C) Fan Videos D) Graphics E) Other

Fan Art

6. Favourite Romantic Pairing(s)? A) Simba/Nala B) Kiara/Kovu C) Zira/Scar D) Other pairings you like?

Mufasa and Sarabi...

7. Favourite character(s)?

Mufasa and Kovu

8. Least favourite character(s)?

Just don't know... XD

9. Favourite song from The Lion King?

Be Prepared and Circle Of Life

10. Favourite song from The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride?

Love Will Find A Way

11. Have you seen? A) Every movie more than once B) Every movie at least once C) One or two of the movies D) There are sequels? E) I didn't know there was a movie...

Every movie more than once... XD

12. Do you RP?

No

13. Are you a fan of Balto or other Disney animated movies?

Yeah, I am a fan of Balto. :)

14. What are your other favourite movies if you have any?

Balto, Spirit Stallion of the Cimarron

15. Do you believe in Hakuna Matata?

Well, not really... Maybe a little bit.

16. Where do you live?

Europe, Lithuania, Klaipeda. XD

17. What is your name?

Urte

18. Female or Male?

Female

19. How old are you?

20. When is your birthday?

1998 01 05

21. What is your occupation?

Student

22. Anything else you want to add?

Nahhh. XD
Mufasa13

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby CanyonFox » November 11th, 2011, 6:54 pm

1. How long have you been a Lion King fan? Oh, man... since I can remember. I had already owned a few TLK items by the time I was in kindergarten.

2. Which is your favourite movie? A) The Lion King. The others just couldn't match up to it.

3. How long have you been in the online fandom? Only a few months. I love it already!

4. Are you hoping for a new Lion King movie? I'm actually not (unless it's fresh and outstanding like the first!). Although Simba's Pride was nice, I didn't care for the third movie, and the trilogy just needs to be left alone - the first movie was good enough, I don't think it really needed sequels!

5. What kind of art do you do? I do a lot of Fan Art. I mostly don't upload them on here as its usually traditionally drawn.

6. Favourite Romantic Pairing(s)? My favourite would have to be Mufasa/Sarabi. Although we didn't see much of them together, the time that we did was enough for me to decide I love them together. :P

7. Favourite character(s)? Simba, Rafiki, Nuka and Mufasa. <3

8. Least favourite character(s)? Hmm... I like all of them - maybe Zazu is the one I least care about, but I still like him.

9. Favourite song from The Lion King? This is tough! Song: Circle of Life. Score: To Die For

10. Favourite song from The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride? Not One Of Us!

11. Have you seen? A) Every movie more than once. TLK 1 1/2 being the least watched. :P

12. Do you RP? Nah, I don't do that.

13. Are you a fan of Balto or other Disney animated movies? I am! I love generally all of the classics from Disney, along with animated movies that aren't Disney, like Anastasia.

14. What are your other favourite movies if you have any? Wow - I have way too many. My second most favourite animated film would have to be Spirited Away.

15. Do you believe in Hakuna Matata? I do! You would be surprised how much it helps me in my life - it may not be GOOD to live by, but it takes my mind off of things I'm always stressed out about.

16. Where do you live? Canada!

17. What is your name? You can call me whatever you want. ;)

18. Female or Male? Female

19. How old are you? I'm more towards a lioness than a cub.

20. When is your birthday? February 21st

21. What is your occupation? I'm a student!

22. Anything else you want to add? Thanks for the questionnaire; I was bored and this was fun, espescially since I love answering questions! :lol:
"Ah yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it... or learn from it."
CanyonFox
Simba Enthusiast

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

You gotta put your past behind you.

Pride Points: 3

Postby Buffy » November 11th, 2011, 9:49 pm

I'm going to re-do mine :)

For as long as I can remember! I became a fan the first time I saw the movie and have remained a fan since then.

2. Which is your favourite movie? A) The Lion King B) The Lion King 1 1/2 C) The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride
The original Lion King movie without a doubt. The animation is fantastic, the story is amazing, the music is incredible and the characters are priceless! Also, it's what started it all!

Since 2008 or 2009... I joined here in 2009, but I may have already been making TLK videos back in 2008.

Only if it has a good plot and is not another comedy like TLK 1 1/2.

5. What kind of art do you do? A) Fan Art B) Fan Fiction C) Fan Videos D) Graphics E) Other
I currently make fan videos, graphics and fanfiction :)

6. Favourite Romantic Pairing(s)? A) Simba/Nala B) Kiara/Kovu C) Zira/Scar D) Other pairings you like?
Simba and Nala are without a doubt my favourite Lion King couple. However, I also appreciate Kiara and Kovu, Zira and Scar, Vitani and Kopa, and more! :)

How about ALL? Seriously, there is no character I actually hate. But my top favourite will always be Simba.

None. Every character is unique and I love them! :)

I love all the music, and as a child my favourite was "Can You Feel The Love Tonight". But now I think that is tied with "Circle of Life" because of how meaningful the song is.

I think it may be "My Lullaby" lol

11. Have you seen? A) Every movie more than once B) Every movie at least once C) One or two of the movies D) There are sequels? E) I didn't know there was a movie...
I have definitely seen every movie several times! Words cannot describe how much I love these films!

12. Do you RP?
I used to, but at the moment I do not.

Yes! Balto and Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron are definitely some of my favourite non-Disney animated movies. I also enjoy Fox and the Hound, Brother Bear and Tangled alot! :)

I have way too many to list. But I enjoy animated movies, animal movies, romance movies, action movies, fantasy movies, comedy movies, musical movies and more. I think the only genre I really don't like is horror.

In some situations, yes. In others, no. It all depends on the situation.

16. Where do you live?
Canada, eh?

17. What is your name?
Linda :)

18. Female or Male?
Definitely female.

19. How old are you?
I am 17 going on 18 :)

May 1st 1994

High School Student and Fangirl :)

My dog's amazing! :D
Buffy
once i present, but then

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Postby Wanderer » November 16th, 2011, 6:37 am

Since 1993 when I first saw the previews on the Disney Channel. I loved it even before I saw it!

Most definitely the first movie. I remember getting so mad with my parents' VCR when it wouldn't work, and I wanted to see Simba's Pride so badly because I finally got it as a present. But then I was disappointed by it. I expected the vibrant colors and personality of the first film. I was very let down. I don't mind most of it now, but the song "Upendi" still gets under my skin every time.

On and off since I first got internet back in 1998.

Only if this one had a good plot and the animation worked for it.

Fan fiction and art

I'd have to say Mufasa and Sarabi. They didn't get nearly enough screen time together, and I always felt sorry for Sarabi who lost Mufasa so early.

This tends to change depending on my mood, but I'm more likely to be a Mufasa fan.

Probably Nuka. Sorry, I just think he's annoying...

"...To Die For" as instrumental, "Be Prepared" as song with lyrics

Don't have one...

Every movie at least once--have seen the 3rd movie once, but have seen the first and second many, many times.

12. Do you RP?
I used to, would like to get back to it.

Yep, I like Balto, and I like the ending of Sleeping Beauty because of the dragon! And there are a few other Disney films that I'll watch from time to time.

Lord of the Rings is at the top of the list.

To an extent. If it means living without any responsibility at all, no. Everybody needs a little fun and relaxation, so yes.

16. Where do you live?
Montana, USA

17. What is your name?
Nicole, but I have many nicknames I've acquired over the years.

18. Female or Male?
Female

19. How old are you?
27 years young.

January 20

Artist

I live in a valley where it can snow at any time of the year. Movie stars have second (or third, or fifth...) homes here to get away from the noisy fans of the bigger cities. I grew up in a populated area but prefer a quieter place to be. I only wish that I lived closer to the ocean because I miss smelling the salt and squishing my toes in the sand.
Wanderer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby WindAnnWise » November 17th, 2011, 10:28 pm

Since the movie came out. I was 4 at the time and I've loved it ever since!

A. I've always loved the first. The second is a close second and the third doesn't even come anywhere close to the other 2.

On again, after a couple years absence.

Yes, definetly.

B. Just fan fiction.

Probably any of them except Scar/Zira. I think they're good together, but I'm not a fan.

Nala.

Probably Zazu.

I Just Can't Wait To Be King

One Of Us

A. Every movie more than once.

12. Do you RP?
I used to RP on a site called The Lion King Goes On, but I quit right before I started college, but I'd like to get back into it. Maybe I'll start today!

Yes, I like Balto and I especially like Disney Dog movies.

My other all-time favorite movie is Phantom of the Opera.

A little bit, not totally. People still need to work.

16. Where do you live?
Oklahoma, USA

17. What is your name?
Jennifer, but I prefer Wind.

18. Female or Male?
Female.

19. How old are you?

September 10.

Student and Aspiring Writer

Nope.
I am also a big fan of: Phantom of the Opera, High School Musical, Harry Potter, Disney in general, Days of Our Lives, musicals in general, Dr. Seuss in general and the Grinch.

"Sometimes, it's better not to say anything."- Speak, by Laurie Halse Anderson
WindAnnWise
The Quiet One

Is anybody out there?

Nickname(s): Windy, Wind Ann
Pride Points: 5

Postby cleargreenwater » November 22nd, 2011, 2:11 am

Since 1994 at the age of 12.

2. Which is your favourite movie?

The Lion King.

Although I enjoyed 1.5 very much, and was lucky enough to watch it with one of my childhood friends that we all used to play Hyenas with, which makes me quite warm-fuzzy fond of the silly little prequel and it's heartfelt homage to the cultural phenomenon that was the first.

Since 2003 or thereabout

No! A new short could be tolerable, though.

5. What kind of art do you do?

A) Fan Art, non-glossy photoshop traditional media usually.

6. Favourite Romantic Pairing(s)?

D) Other pairings-- Shenzi & Banzai; romantically involved in a seasoned sort of way that is, not first-blush mushy-romantic.

The Hyenas, out of long-time character loyalty from when my friends & I would play them back when the movie was out. Then Simba, because really, he started the whole thing and is the main character in such a timeless movie....

Nuka & Vitani, because it's impossible for me to get past seeing them as imitation Hyenas.

IJCWTBK

"He Lives in You"

11. Have you seen?

A) Every movie more than once

12. Do you RP?

Used to, don't have much time or dedication for it now.

Watership Down & Secret of NIHM for other talking animal movies, Balto was in one ear out the other for me. Other Disney movies....eh, sometimes I'll check one out. Mostly just TLK, really.

Forrest Gump, Jurassic Park. I basically checked out of pop culture after the early 90s, lol.

Ahh.....heh, a little too much for my own good, to be honest.....

16. Where do you live?

NJ, U.S.

17. What is your name?

CGW

18. Female or Male?

Female

19. How old are you?

Three Decades.

1981 :-P

Clerk

Happy that there is still a fandom, sad that so few of the people I knew are left in it, and always kinda missing the "Wildwood Clan" of grown childhood friends that started it who never made the transition to online. *wistful*
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby Saffyminty » November 25th, 2011, 7:12 am

Since my whole life. TLK came out before I was born but I've loved it/them my whole life!

C) Simba's Pride
Erm... I joined here last month, but have visited other sites and am on DA doing Fan Art

Yes yes yes!!! The Lion King Six New Adventures should totally be a series of short movies

A) Fan Art and B) Fan Fiction (but none on the internets)

OH NO!!! That's so hard; B) Kiara/Kovu probably but A) Simba/Nala aswell

Kiara :superexcited:and Vitani :testify:

SP Simba, Zazu
Circle of Life or Be Prepared

All of them!!! Hehe no erm... One of Us

A) Every movie more than once- Too many times!!! :D

12. Do you RP?
...no...

Other Disney films such as; Bambi, Alice in Wonderland, Lady and the Tramp, The Aristocats, Oliver and Company, The Little Mermaid, Pocahontas and Tangled. Hehe, but aren't big fans not like TLK!

The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter series and Studio Ghibli Movies (Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke)
But TLK and SP are the best!!!

Surely

16. Where do you live?
Earth!!!

17. What is your name?
The name everybody knows me as; Rani

18. Female or Male?
Female!!!

19. How old are you?
Erm... :hmm2: under 18

May 23

None...yet!!!

SHRUBS!!!
Signature made by Sophiecub!!!
:mhm: :testify: :superexcited:
Lovely LIONESSES!!!
"If there's so much I must be
Can I still just be me
The way I am?"-Kiara
Saffyminty
Is really a Lioness

Live, Love, Laugh

Nickname(s): Rani
Pride Points: 6

Postby AlyssaKiersten » December 7th, 2011, 1:16 am

For as long as I can remember<3

I love them all<3 But I like The Lion King 2:Simba's Pride the best<3

For a day! I didn't even know this existed! D:

No. But only because I doubt they'd be the same voices and stuff... Which would upset me. I was already upset that they put a new song into the dvd version..

I've been doing graphics. I'm not really that good. :P

I love love love love love simba/nala and kiara/kovu <3

Kiara. I'm naming my daughter that. :)

I love all of them :P

I Just Can't Wait To Be King<33333

Love Will Find A Way<3333

Every movie, more than once (:

12. Do you RP?
No, but I could try it out (:

I love Disney animated movies. Like all of them :P

Mostly just Disney. My friends think I'm wierd :)

Ofcourse! Sometimes I just have to repeat it to myself over and over to remind myself life goes on :)

16. Where do you live?
In New York!

17. What is your name?
Alyssa (:

18. Female or Male?
Female!

19. How old are you?
Seventeen!

November 18

Well, I'm actually going to be a math major in college soon. I don't work yet :P

Nope :) <3
AlyssaKiersten

Nickname(s): Ally
Pride Points: 1

Postby Noah » December 7th, 2011, 2:15 am

I've enjoyed the movie ever since 1994, but I've really taken an interest since I saw it in theaters back in September.

Definitely the first one. It beats literally every other movie I have ever seen.

I've been a long time reader, but only created an account towards the beginning of November.

Yes, Assuming it is done with the care and attention given to the first movie. A prequel is my personal preference, but I would enjoy any TLK media: Short film/TV special/Miniseries

Not good ones, I'll tell you. I attempt to make graphics for the contests but they are not up to par, yet.

You can't beat Simba and Nala. They are so adorable together.

Simba. Nala and Sarabi are pretty close. Heck, any feline character is my favorite, except for...

NUKA! I have never been a fan of his. I cringe when he speaks, and I applaud when he died. I know a lot of you here like him, but I could never embrace him. His wild antics and hectic persona was an instant turnoff for me.

I have the most fun with IJCWTBK, plus I can quote the all the lines. The Lion Sleeps Tonight is also pretty good, despite its minimal appearance.

Don't hate me, but in terms of what I think about and hum the melody to, my favorite is Upendi. I originally hated it, but just like an infectious strain of mold, I have come to enjoy it. He Lives in You is also very good; I can't leave that out, especially considering the awesome opening.

To be honest, I actually liked Digga Tunnah from Lion King 1½. It's better than nearly all of SP's songs.

Oh I have seen them more than once. They are great in terms of rewatchability.

12. Do you RP?
Never have, but at the moment DGFone is trying to get me started. I think I'm coming off as a newbie.

Disney makes great animated movies. I have begun been rewatching them and so far the only one that comes close to Lion King is Oliver & Company. I haven't seen Tarzan, Beauty & the Beast, and Little Mermaid since childhood, though I have a feeling they will come close in terms of quality.

Be Prepared, I come with a list.
1. The Lion King
2. The Net
3. Inception
4. Speed
5. Out of Africa
6. Towering Inferno
7. Mississippi Masala
8. Oliver & Company
9. Fargo
10. The Third Man
11. Finding Nemo
12. The Thin Blue Line
13. Julie & Julia
14. United 93
15. JFK
16. Mary Poppins
17. Ordinary People
18. Quiz Show
19. 2012
20. O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Not sure. I sure practice it though...

16. Where do you live?
Tennessee. I'll keep the city to myself.

17. What is your name?
Noah S.

18. Female or Male?
Male

19. How old are you?

April 5th

I work part time for my uncle at his law firm, but it is really small. I research information for cases. Hardly a real job.

I just wasted twenty minutes filling this out. My math teacher will not be pleased tomorrow.
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby DGFone » December 7th, 2011, 3:57 am

Many years in one form or another. But I only became a true fan roughly two years ago.

The original, the first one. While the other two have their good moments, The Lion King (1994) is made up of nothing but good moments. There's no comparison.

As a member, I have been less than a year. But before that, for roughly six months, I have lurked around here. It was a quite shocking transition from lurker to member. (Who's this guy using my username? Oh, it's me.)

Hoping? No. Would I like one to be made? Like Noah said: if they put effort into it. But seeing as we live in an age of 3D CGI, I don't think we will see another TLK anything for a while. But I don't mind. We have the first movie to enjoy.

I created a Nala 3D Blender figure you can download from the TLK Other Art section, but it took a long time, and all my projects end up being like that: different and ambitious. This is why I am not in the process of making anything new for a while. I will create a few X-Plane 10 videos using Lion King music when it will work on my computer.

Simba and Nala. They got the most screen time together, and therefore they feel real. Other pairings I came across really only existed in places like RPs and fan-fictions, so they don't work as well.

Effectively the main cast: Simba, Mufasa, Nala, and as far as villains go, Scar as well. But I do think that Sarabi, Zazu, and Sarafina are underrepresented. Especially Zazu.

Zira. After Scar, she just feels like a mindless drone. Scar had ambition, and acted upon it. Zira just kinda planned a coup and died.

Can You Feel The Love Tonight. But the other songs are excellent as well. And don't even get me started on Rhythm of the Pridelands. (Absolutely love it.)

10. Favorite song from The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride?
We are one. I consider He Lives in You not to be a Simba's Pride song. It was created for the Rhythm of the Pridelands CD after production for The Lion King ended, and therefore qualifies more of a TLK 1 song than a SP song for me.

Each one at least once. But in the end, it's the original The Lion King that I keep coming back for more.

12. Do you RP?
Yes.

Not really. I think that Pocahontas has a fairly nice score (if mediocre plot), and with Pixar, the only movie that gets a rating above 'bad' with me is Cars. I don't like CGI films. If I want to see what computers can do, I will play a real-time rendered video game.
Traditional animation all the way.

A few. Too many to list, but here are a few:
The Lion King
Thin Red Line
Rainman
Black Hawk Down
Pearl Harbor
Les Chevaliers du ciel (Sky Fighters)

It can help out sure, but sometimes you have to act.

16. Where do you live?
California Bay Area.

17. What is your name?
For now, you can call me DGFone or DGF, or planes.

18. Female or Male?
Male

19. How old are you?
19. Hang on, this is the 19th question. I smell conspiracy... JK.

October 15.

Full time student. I make aircraft for the X-Plane flight simulator, and that made me a bit over a hundred dollars so far. Not much, but more than I expected.

This is the first forum I ever posted more than 1000 posts.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King