Simba the White Lion?

Re: Simba the White Lion?

Postby Biomac » March 29th, 2012, 7:09 pm

Interesting, I wrote a similar article on Animation Source, to say that I don't think that TLK didn't copied Ozamu Tezuka and I explain why. However my article is in french, but I think you will be able to read it if you translate it in english with a translator. If you want to read it here's the link. Good reading and enjoy :D

http://www.animationsource.org/roi_lion/fr/articles/Le_roi_lion_et_le_roi_Leo_si_similaires_/176495.html&id_film=13

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby Misiziri » March 29th, 2012, 9:50 pm

I can make out a small portion of what your saying, just enough to gain some comprehension of it :P I guess studying Spanish aids your French a little bit? :lol:

Hm... but I think your points are too precise. Of course there are some major differences between the two, but they are generally quite similar. I'm nowhere near as into the subject as I once so I'm not going to go into a huge speech about it xD I do think it drew inspiration from multiple sources, as all movies do, and they made the plot relate to Hamlet some more than in the original draft. IMO, there's just way too much against it for The Lion King NOT to be based off of Kimba in some way. But TLK is a masterpiece. It isn't some half-hearted attempt at rehashing a plot, it's brilliant and a lot of people put their maximum effort in to create the final project.

I just don't like how this seems to cause wars between lovers of TLK and Kimba. I love them both, both have to do with lions :D So it gets on my nerves a little when intense quibbles and bickering break out. Like, dude. It was over 16 years ago. Get over it :P
Misiziri

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Postby Biomac » March 29th, 2012, 10:25 pm

I'm over it now, it's the only article I wrote about it you know, I won't write more. And anyway this is just my opinion about this debate, I'm not forcing anyone to agree with me.
And just to know, why are you telling me to learn spanish to aid my french? Even if I'm already studying spanish, french is my first language :lol: , and without wishing to brag, I have to say that I'm excellent in french writting :lol:

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Misiziri » March 29th, 2012, 10:26 pm

No no no, I said Spanish is aiding ME in understanding French a bit bitter :lol: You obviously speak it fluently, you wouldn't need any other language to assist you :P
Misiziri

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Biomac » March 29th, 2012, 10:31 pm

Oh sorry I didn't understand, I feel a little bit stupid right now, and it makes me laugh :lol: (WTF?!).
I noticed that your nick name is in french. Why? Do you like french?

Biomac

Postby Misiziri » March 29th, 2012, 10:35 pm

Erm, actually it wasn't intended to be French. I used to have the username LavishLioness and it comes from the word Lavish. I gave it the apostrophe to make it stand out and make it be pronounced different. Then I learned it meant, "the life" in French :P But I am actually interested in learning Spanish and other Romance languages (French included). I was interested in learning Zulu but it was too difficult and there were not enough resources :P
Misiziri

Postby Biomac » March 29th, 2012, 10:43 pm

Oh ok!

Biomac

Postby SlayerOfLight » April 12th, 2012, 8:30 pm

who cares if disney copied TLK from kimba the white lion... it's still a masterpiece. and kimba the white lion is awesome as well, I remember my grandmother bought me a movie with two episodes of Leo the lion (adult kimba) but I was too naive to realise I was watching the TLK's ancestor lol and thought it was just some TLK ripoff instead. but nonetheless, it was still pretty good.
SlayerOfLight

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby Sigurd » May 12th, 2012, 3:55 am

Having seen a few episodes on youtube I would definitely say that TLK isn´t a remake of KTWL. The plots are completely disimilar. And Kimbas original name in the japanese version is Leo. Disney have obviously borrowed some elements but it isn´t a copy.
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby Timon8 » June 16th, 2014, 6:56 pm

I remember being at a fleamarket, and there was a guy selling Disney DVD's. When I asked him if he had The Lion King, he looked at the Kimba DVD I had in my hand (http://assets.catawiki.nl/assets/2012/2 ... 94738d.jpg) and he laughed at me, because I found ''a nice Lion King rip-off''. When me and my dad tried to explain Kimba came first, he didn't believe us.
''When the world turns it back on you, you turn your back on the world!''
Timon8
I see carnivores...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hakuna Matata!

Pride Points: 5

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King