Simba the White Lion?

Re: Simba the White Lion?

Postby crystally » December 20th, 2010, 6:59 pm

The base is animated series, isn't it? if it has a movie then it's a movie based off of the animated series.
crystally

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Jiirani » December 20th, 2010, 7:00 pm

[quote="crystally"]The base is animated series, isn't it? if it has a movie then it's a movie based off of the animated series.[/quote]

It has no base, the most recent movie has nothing to do with the anime or manga.

tumblr | TLK blog | art by shyre
Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Restoring light to the lighthouse

Nickname(s): Eli, Jii, Lion
Pride Points: 62

Postby crystally » December 20th, 2010, 7:01 pm

If it's titled the same and has the same character, then how come it has nothing to do with the older animated series and manga?
crystally

Postby SnowyCheetah » December 20th, 2010, 7:02 pm

I'm of the opinion that this is another lame conspiracy originating from the minds of TLK haters. Inspiration had to come from somewhere, doesn't mean it was copied; I think most films can be closely similar to one or more other films, whether or not they were copied. There are just sooooooo many films out there that any given film is probably going to share a lot of similarities with at least one other film.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby crystally » December 20th, 2010, 7:04 pm

Did you see the scenes? There are too many similar scenes for them to be pure coincidences. I don't say Disney copied it or even plagiarized it, but more likely they were "inspired" by kimba.
crystally

Postby SnowyCheetah » December 20th, 2010, 7:05 pm

Like I said in my post, inspiration had to come from somewhere! And I think it'd take a lot more than this for it to be too much for coincidence.

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby crystally » December 20th, 2010, 7:13 pm

I don't believe it's pure coincidence, sorry. You may believe what you want but there's no way on earth there could be so many similar scenes if they had never seen the first movie. If they really got their inspiration from somewhere else then there wouldn't be that many. A few yes maybe, considering the same theme and location, but more than 5? heck no. TLK is my #1 favorite movie ever since i was 6 or something and to date I've never watched kimba or read the manga or anything, yet i can see the similarities. There's no need for denial. Of course, that's just my opinion.
crystally

Postby crystally » December 20th, 2010, 7:13 pm

I don't believe it's pure coincidence, sorry. You may believe what you want but there's no way on earth there could be so many similar scenes if they had never seen the first movie. If they really got their inspiration from somewhere else then there wouldn't be that many. A few yes maybe, considering the same theme and location, but more than 5? heck no. TLK is my #1 favorite movie ever since i was 6 or something and to date I've never watched kimba or read the manga or anything, yet i can see the similarities. There's no need for denial. Of course, that's just my opinion.
crystally

Postby Jiirani » December 20th, 2010, 7:14 pm

[quote="crystally"]If it's titled the same and has the same character, then how come it has nothing to do with the older animated series and manga?[/quote]

Well, it's barely base on it, '2009 — A TV premiere was on air in Summer 2009. The movie bears almost no resemblance to the TV shows or the manga it was based on. The settings were be based on 20XX Earth in an artificially created jungle. In this movie, Panja and his mate, Eliza, are still alive, Coco is an unspecified female bird, and Sylvester, the black panther, serves as a secondary antagonist until he changes his ways when a young boy mends his leg.'

[quote="SnowyCheetah"]Like I said in my post, inspiration had to come from somewhere! And I think it'd take a lot more than this for it to be too much for coincidence.[/quote]

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Last edited by Jiirani on December 20th, 2010, 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tumblr | TLK blog | art by shyre
Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Restoring light to the lighthouse

Nickname(s): Eli, Jii, Lion
Pride Points: 62

Postby SnowyCheetah » December 20th, 2010, 7:15 pm

I never said they didn't see Kimba :S or that they got their inspiration from somewhere else. I said "Inspiration had to come from somewhere." basically you guys have found several similarities and are using them as "proof" that TLK is just a copy of Kimba.

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King