Re: Simba the White Lion?

Postby Zeke » November 20th, 2008, 2:20 am

Doesn't it mean poop or something?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of
power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix
Zeke
Deeq

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 18

Postby NightmareMoon » November 20th, 2008, 3:25 am

Yeah, it does. Lol
That's probably why they made Simba, Simba.
NightmareMoon
The one and only NM =]

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The night... will last.... FOREVER!!

Nickname(s): NM, Jamie
Pride Points: 19

Postby Moka » November 23rd, 2008, 3:36 am

Even though Simba means Lion in swahili?
Moka
:D

Pride Points: 138

Postby LiONlove64 » January 18th, 2009, 6:42 am

thanks for that website, it gave me a lot more information.
but i think even if the lion king is based on that, it doesnt matter.
becuase tlk conquers all.
LiONlove64

Pride Points: 0

Postby starlioness » February 25th, 2009, 6:41 am

you also have to remember that Tezuka was a big Disney fan.. and also borrowed some elememts from Bambi and even Mickey Mouse.. in certain pictures from coloring books and such,, Kimba's seen wearing a pair of trousers that remarkably like Mickeys.. and Kimba's girlfriend Kitty has a headcoloring like Minnie mouse's .. (doesn't have a pic.. but you can see the resemblance).. though I think the one thing TLK outdid Kimba on was giving the bad guy an heir or a descendant.. to my knowledge I don't think Claw had any "sons" that I know of .. also, Kimba never had a Pride of Lionessess.. sure he was King of the Jungle but outside of Kitty who lived with her Uncle in separate Pride.. Kimba was really alone.. there were no other Lion Cubs in the Jungle.. speaking of which .. most people know that TLK was originally called King of the Jungle (of course that had to be changed since a pride of Lions don't live in the Jungle) and Kimba's name in Japanese was Jungle Emperor Leo or just Jungle Emperor.. that's a big tip-off right there..
starlioness

Zeera's ma heero.. :D

Pride Points: 0

Postby Moka » February 25th, 2009, 6:02 pm

O_O You really know a lot about Kimba!

It sounds like Tezuka and Disney were sharing ideas, much like the world shares technology. Yeah, they were originally going to have it based in a jungle, but then they found out that lions don't live in jungles. (besides the ones in the Gir forest, I guess.) People still look amazed when I tell them that they don't live in jungles, and yes BELIEVE IT OR NOT there are no lions in the wild in South America. I've seen people still call it The Jungle King, such as the new administrator of Lea (http://leahalalela.net/). He calls Lea "The Unofficial Jungle King Forums".
Moka
:D

Pride Points: 138

Postby serra20 » March 1st, 2009, 7:37 pm

From somewhere I heard that one of the animators of Lion King was a big Kimba's series fan.He was just inspired by that a bit,and just made some scenes like they were from Kimba The White Lion.Well,we cannot put all the angryness on one animator,right? ;)
Although Kimba's movie was made earlier than TLK,some of animators would have really been inspired.Maybe the lead animator/director of TLK too...It's just the thing I've heard.Although TLK was made later,had a better animation technologies,it just doesn't look similar(for those who haven't seen Kimba).And,that lion/human relationship just doesn't fit for animators and directors...Just watch TLK:everything is based by the real lions life...(If there's two males,one have to be exiled,killed etc.).I don't know if in real life lions really have relationship with humans.Maybe just those from Zoo's...
And,another thing,Kimba had sequels or not?I've heard that it was made in series,but,did Kimba was made like a one big movie(like TLK and others)or not?Did it had sequels?If haven't made as a big movie,or,if it was made,but didn't had sequels,that's another different thing about it....

If TLK was even reffered or a copy of Kimba or something other,do Tezuka's company have to put a shame on it?TLK is a new movie,and,if it was even a made a bit with old theories and scenes from Kimba.What can they do that animators just liked Kimba's series...Maybe they just gave suggestions to director on how to made TLK...Do Tezuka have to put a shame on Disney only for suggested and added scenes in TLK that are,,similar"to Kimba's ones?As you've said before,Kimba had a lot of series,so,there can be thousands of copied things from it...Nobody pays much attention to it...

So,that's all my thoughts about this,,accident".

(What a big post! :disgust: )
serra20
An old pride member

Watching over you

Nickname(s): Serra
Pride Points: 3

Postby Jiirani » December 20th, 2010, 6:11 pm

[quote="Moka"]But lets remember that Simba means Lion in swahili, so his name wasn't copied[/quote]

Yes it was. Kimba was going to be named Simba in the beginning, but Simba was a common name so they changed it.

I believe that the lion king was a complete copy of Kimba.

Kimba's aunt was his enemy, Kimba;s other rival was Claw. He was blind in the same eye Scar is. There's a stampede, Kimba lives off grass etc.

Jungle Taitei, (Jungle Emperor) is the Japanese title for Kimba. Disney denied ever knowing anything about Kimba, only finding out after the movie was created (Lies, because Matthew Broderick said that he originally thought he had been cast for a remake of Kimba, "the white lion in a cartoon when I was a kid" ') SIMBA was originaly meant to be WHITE. See: Image So yeah, I think Disney stole Kimba :) But i still like tlk xD

tumblr | TLK blog | art by shyre
Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Restoring light to the lighthouse

Nickname(s): Eli, Jii, Lion
Pride Points: 62

Postby crystally » December 20th, 2010, 6:21 pm

As i posted in the other thread (which imo should've been merged with this one instead of closed), Disney at the very least was inspired by Kimba, but they won't ever admit it because of many reasons, such as royalty :lol: but even if it's a remake, it's way better than Kimba, but of course it'd be better because it's newer and it's a movie instead of a cartoon series.
crystally

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Jiirani » December 20th, 2010, 6:29 pm

[quote="crystally"] but even if it's a remake, it's way better than Kimba, but of course it'd be better because it's newer and it's a movie instead of a cartoon series.[/quote]

Wrong ;) Kimba has a movie (Two movies, two anime series and a Manga ;) ) a new one from last year. So there is a newer version, check the trailer out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcoyTl_s ... r_embedded

tumblr | TLK blog | art by shyre
Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Restoring light to the lighthouse

Nickname(s): Eli, Jii, Lion
Pride Points: 62

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King