Simba the White Lion?

Re: Simba the White Lion?

Postby Jiirani » December 20th, 2010, 7:19 pm

[quote="SnowyCheetah"]I never said they didn't see Kimba :S or that they got their inspiration from somewhere else. I said "Inspiration had to come from somewhere." basically you guys have found several similarities and are using them as "proof" that TLK is just a copy of Kimba.[/quote]

Every character has a mirror from Kimba :

http://www.kimbawlion.com/60ani5.html
Last edited by Jiirani on December 20th, 2010, 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tumblr | TLK blog | art by shyre
Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Restoring light to the lighthouse

Nickname(s): Eli, Jii, Lion
Pride Points: 62

Postby crystally » December 20th, 2010, 7:20 pm

Not copy. IMO they were inspired by kimba. seeing those similar scenes I don't think anybody could deny they got their inspiration from kimba, well except Disney of course. I believe they have another reason for denying, namely royalty, among other things. Yes I do think those screenshots are the proof they were inspired by kimba. not a copy of kimba.
crystally

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby SnowyCheetah » December 20th, 2010, 7:20 pm

*looks for somewhere where he said that there weren't similarities, finds none*

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby Jiirani » December 20th, 2010, 7:25 pm

[quote="crystally"]Not copy. IMO they were inspired by kimba. seeing those similar scenes I don't think anybody could deny they got their inspiration from kimba, well except Disney of course. I believe they have another reason for denying, namely royalty, among other things. Yes I do think those screenshots are the proof they were inspired by kimba. not a copy of kimba.[/quote]

# Fact: Matthew Broderick stated that he understood he was being hired as a voice actor for a remake of Kimba The White Lion.

# Fact: In early production stages, Simba was white.

# Fact: Disney went through this "we have the rights--oops, no we don't" scenario on another occasion, with The Muppets.

# Fact: During planning sessions for The Lion King, Simba started out as a white lion until one of the animators spoke up: "Not even OUR lawyers are THAT good!

This is taken from a transcript of a 1993 Prodigy session in which Roy E. Disney answered questions posed by Prodigy users. Click here to retrieve the entire transcript from Google Groups.

ARTS BB
TOPIC: ROY DISNEY
TIME: 07/19 8:23 PM

TO: JILL SAUDER (JKFG91B)
SUBJECT: "ROY ON MOMS"

Jill, you asked whether we had any "nice motherly figures"
in Disney's animated future.
Wait until you see next summer's "The Lion King," and
Kimba's mother. She's quite lovely.

Roy Disney

Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Postby SnowyCheetah » December 20th, 2010, 8:45 pm

And that info is from?

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby TheDoctor » December 20th, 2010, 8:50 pm

^ It's from this website: http://www.kimbawlion.com

The whole Kimba/Leo vs Simba arguing just makes me tired. With the similar themes the two share I can see how it's possible that TLK was inspired by Leo, but for all I know there are way more differences to separate the two than there are to tie them together.

In the words of the great Black Cat: "if Simba ever started talking human, becomes a vegetarian and open up a fairground, then there might be a problem..."
TheDoctor
Time Lord

Brooding brooding brooding brooding

Postby SnowyCheetah » December 20th, 2010, 8:53 pm

^ Thank you.

1. That's a website all about keeping the Kimba stuff alive, what are they going to do but try to kill TLK because it's similar?

2. Doc, I agree with everything you just said.

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby Jiirani » December 20th, 2010, 9:05 pm

Indeed xD I like both TLK and Kimba, and the intire argument is a bore :( Either way, they are both good shows. THis reminds me of that guy a while back that copied all those Blech manga pages :[ That was a eventful lawsuit xD

Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Postby crystally » December 21st, 2010, 4:33 am

My point was, even if Disney was inspired by/copied from Kimba, what's the big deal? It's not going to kill TLK, and it doesn't mean TLK is bad or worse than Kimba, so I don't see any reason to deny the proof. No need to be protective. The argument that it's a theory from TLK hater to kill TLK is nonsense.
crystally

Pride Points: 1

Postby SnowyCheetah » December 21st, 2010, 4:49 am

The way your posts came off earlier was such that it seemed like you were trying to bash the creators of TLK; glad to know that you weren't.

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King