It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby Panpardus » April 28th, 2017, 6:57 pm

[quote="Squeely"]
I definitely prefer female Rafiki over male. Not that male was bad, he's a great character, but the higher amount of energy and quirkiness of the Broadway Rafiki gives her the edge. Also, I forget if it has a specific name, but there's a healer/shaman type in African culture, and they're traditionally female. So fingers crossed for a female Rafiki! (Though I won't be mad or anything if they go male with this one)[/quote]

The term you're looking for is 'sangoma' (or isangoma, in Zulu), a term which is used nowadays as something of a catch-all word for any traditional healer/shaman in any of the native South African ethnic groups, although each group has its own language-specific term and the actual roles of these people vary between cultures.

[quote="Squeely"]Hmm... Rogen is gonna feel weird as Pumbaa, unless he's decent at mimicking Sabella's voice. It's just that, Sabella's voice is possibly the most distinct I've ever heard, while Rogen's is naturally a lot more typical of your average guy. I do think someone other than Sabella can pull off the Pumbaa voice (the Nostalgia Critic does it decently well, and I'm sure there are people out there who can do it better than he can), but if Rogen doesn't try mimicking the original voice, it'll take some getting used to for sure.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure Rogan will use the Sabella Pumbaa voice as a reference; they do carry a similar air, which I understand if they're trying to keep it close but still somewhat distinct.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Rollo » April 28th, 2017, 7:33 pm

I would love to see a female Rafiki, but I'm not sure how this would solve the lack of female representation, which is kind of the vibe I'm getting here. It's not as if we're actually short on females in The Lion King. Nala, Sarabi... and a whole bunch of lionesses! Unnamed, severely underdeveloped lionesses, but they're still there and they're ripe for being developed to a whole new level. I would honestly prefer to see these existing characters fleshed out than just having a genderbent character and that's it. I dunno, to me it seems like an easy way out than having to actually develop some characters. It wouldn't hurt the story if we at least knew the name of a couple of the lionesses in the pride, and what their relationship is with Sarabi, Nala, etc. I would KILL to see a Shadowland-esque scene in this movie.

I'm really hoping Favreau spends some time on Scar's reign and how the lionesses got through it. It could be possible that not all of them made it, and wouldn't that add some depth to Simba's character... when coming home, not only is his kingdom destroyed, but some of his family (aside from his father) have not survived his uncle's tyranny. It's dark, it's not too unrealistic by any means considering what the Pridelands were like upon his return, and it really helps to drive home the gravity of his situation. Really shows you what he's fighting for.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby Elton John » April 28th, 2017, 7:43 pm

Yeah. Showing just how awful Scar's reign was. Was Sarafina even in the battle for pride rock? The number of lionesses in the first part of the movie is noticably larger than in the second half. A sort of subtle way of saying that not all the lions survived.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Panpardus » April 29th, 2017, 4:50 pm

I didn't see Sarafina at all during the latter half of the movie (I rewatched the movie again recently and tried to find her to no avail) so that's definitely something to look into and expand upon.

I'm definitely for showing Scar's reign and most certainly all for getting some measure of character development (or hell, just some identification) on the lionesses, especially since we've been through three movies and a currently-airing TV show and we still don't know anything more about the canon Sarabi than we did over twenty years ago. :dignity:
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Elton John » April 29th, 2017, 5:01 pm

I tweeted tim rice about possible involvement in the tlk remake.

Will update when or if I get a response.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby zerodix » April 30th, 2017, 7:00 pm

since this remake is officially announced... it is part of the lion king franchise, like the movies musical and Lion Guard.. shouldn't it be under "the kingdom" in the forums?
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Elton John » April 30th, 2017, 7:01 pm

Well, I think that once we start getting a lot more solid info on it there should be it's own personal board for it.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby zerodix » May 1st, 2017, 5:15 pm

ok, on facebook i have the official disney page. i will keep informed!
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Postby gothprincesskiara » May 2nd, 2017, 3:07 am

uh do you have a link?
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby zerodix » May 2nd, 2017, 4:48 pm

on facebook, search bar, type disney and the profile with the new pirates of caribean logo. and be a member ans then you see the content.
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)