It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby moonsugar33 » December 9th, 2016, 3:31 pm

It's certainly a novel approach. When they're finished with them, I hope they can take advantage of this technology to release the maps to game studios, for example.
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby Panpardus » December 9th, 2016, 11:30 pm

Insofar as the technology itself, I think it's really cool that they're able to do these sorts of things; the potential for dynamic storytelling is great. I know a lot of people are averse to CGI nowadays, but I've always been fascinated with the technology, and I do enjoy watching it. (I just saw the 2016 The Jungle Book yesterday and I loved the animation and thought it was the best iteration of the story I've actually watched.) Of course, just because the film looks pretty doesn't mean that it'll be good; there has to be a good story behind it, and in that realm I'm still a bit cautious about how this The Lion King will turn out. For what it's worth, at least Favreau seems to understand the huge weight of what he's signed up for insofar as the story is concerned, so I'm very cautiously optimistic at the moment.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Carl » December 10th, 2016, 12:18 am

I'm honestly very hyped for this. I don't care if it's as good as the original movie, because as someone who (used to) write fanfiction, I love seeing new takes on TLK and reading fan comics and other adaptations has been the main thing that kept me in the TLK fandom long enough to really get into this forum or anything in the first place, so I'm definitely looking forward to this upcoming reimagining of the film. Knowing they're using VR technology and other gaming tech to work on the designs is also very interesting and I am eager to see how it turns out. The hype is real, guys.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Elton John » December 10th, 2016, 3:33 am

I doubt they will get rid of traditional musical numbers....So Lin Manuel Miranda I think should work on them. Elton John is about to retire (he's almost 70) and tim rice is really hit or miss.

I wouldn't mind if Mark Mancina did the score.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Panpardus » December 10th, 2016, 4:05 am

I wouldn't mind at all if Mancina did the score, since he's already familiar with the music from his work on the Broadway version. Willis would be cool too. Still, I wonder if there are any African composers who'd be willing to get onto this project if someone in a more contemporary musical genre like Hugh Masekela or Lira wasn't around to fill in the Lebo M.-type role.

[commences search for African classical composers, finds plethora of such artists]

Disney better get on this talent...
Panpardus

Pride Points: 51

Postby Carl » December 16th, 2016, 8:24 am

[quote="KentuckyWildcat"]I guess I'm taking a wait and see approach to this project. I honestly don't think that remaking TLK with photorealistic CGI is going to add anything to the experience in itself. If anything, it'll probably lose some of the original charm in my eyes.

With that being said, I do still have some interest in what alterations Favreau might make to the story. In my personal opinion, the new Jungle Book being several shades darker and more serious than the 1967 version actually worked against it. It wasn't bad by any stretch, but I think that particular story just works better when it's predominantly a lighthearted romp. However, that particular direction might be well suited to TLK. A darker version could be something worthwhile even if it doesn't surpass the original.[/quote]
Getting back to this now that I've actually seen The Jungle Book (2016), I just wanted to add that the actual book both films are based on is actually pretty dark itself from what I've heard, so in spite of the tone of 1967 film, this more recent adaptation was more akin to the source material. I thought it was leagues ahead of the 1967 version in terms of storytelling tbh, and I've become even more hyped about the reimagining of TLK since then as TLK was already somewhat dark of a story. I am very excited about how this will turn out because if it's anywhere near as good as the new Jungle Book movie I'm gonna love it.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby FlipMode » December 18th, 2016, 6:22 pm

[quote="The Lionvengers"]http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/790753-jon-favreau-to-use-vr-tech-for-live-action-lion-king#/slide/33

Fascinating...[/quote]

The hype! The Jungle Book VR stuff they released was literally one of the most amazing things. Absolutely terrifying being there with these larger than life characters but yeah, you really need to experience it to understand just how incredible it really is. Like I used to be a fan of 3D but now that Virtual Reality is a thing, 3D can go jump in a lake because in comparison to VR, I don't care :D
VR is a game changer, and honestly I think it will find its place more outside of videogames to be honest and with these films potentially allowing scenes to be experienced in VR, now you are IN the film! I mean imagine it, you're going to be able to stand on Pride Rock and observe the kingdom while James Earl Jones it telling you that everything the light touches will one day be yours. I want that. I want that incredibly badly.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby gothprincesskiara » December 19th, 2016, 3:07 am

[quote="FlipMode"][quote="The Lionvengers"]http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/790753-jon-favreau-to-use-vr-tech-for-live-action-lion-king#/slide/33

Fascinating...[/quote]

The hype! The Jungle Book VR stuff they released was literally one of the most amazing things. Absolutely terrifying being there with these larger than life characters but yeah, you really need to experience it to understand just how incredible it really is. Like I used to be a fan of 3D but now that Virtual Reality is a thing, 3D can go jump in a lake because in comparison to VR, I don't care :D
VR is a game changer, and honestly I think it will find its place more outside of videogames to be honest and with these films potentially allowing scenes to be experienced in VR, now you are IN the film! I mean imagine it, you're going to be able to stand on Pride Rock and observe the kingdom while James Earl Jones it telling you that everything the light touches will one day be yours. I want that. I want that incredibly badly.[/quote]

ok the more im hearing about this VR stuff and seeing the holiday commercial for it the more I have got to get a sample of it myself, where are they selling them?
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby moonsugar33 » December 19th, 2016, 5:18 am

The Playstation VR is apparently the best one on the market right now. It looks like it's about $500 USD for the bundle, or $400 for the base headset.
moonsugar33

Pride Points: 9

Postby gothprincesskiara » December 19th, 2016, 6:38 am

Ok see im getting a playstation 4 for Christmas (because of the Kingdom hearts games coming out next year) I didn't know it was part of the playstation, but in the past I have heard that video headsets can have a negative effect on the mind brain or eyes something like that like a bad side effect, there even have been these hilarious videos where people fall to the ground just from trying the demos look here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24saSWuAt1A

But over all if they say its safe enough to use now, IM SO into checking it out if this is my next step up into what I call escaping reality and jumping into any fantasy worlds that we love, then im going for it!. :D :D :D :D :D
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)