Timon..At what point did he start seeing Pumbaa as a friend?

Timon..At what point did he start seeing Pumbaa as a friend?

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » July 16th, 2020, 5:49 pm

Was it when both finally confessed their loneliness or do you think Timon started seeing him as a friend earlier in their journey? He did not seem to want to be friends at first. I think when they found a temporary home near the waterhole he may have warmed up to Pumbaa since he invited him to stick around. But that moment after the waterfall was when they really solidified their friendship. “You’re the only friend I’ve ever had”. :)
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Re: Timon..At what point did he start seeing Pumbaa as a fri

Postby Timon the great » July 22nd, 2020, 9:41 am

I think it's pretty clear that Timon started seeing Pumbaa as a friend when they first meet on this film. Really, the "Timon and Pumbaa" thing was already going on here as director Bradley Raymond and producer George Mendoza said that they indeed already liked the Timon and Pumbaa buddy thing that we got in the first film, in an interview article for this film that I read a while back. Though I praise them for giving Timon a little more development here in the sense that he didn't want to just say to Pumbaa that we're already best buds and that's that. But the notion was already there from Timon's expressions.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Re: Timon..At what point did he start seeing Pumbaa as a fri

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » July 23rd, 2020, 7:11 am

I'm glad to see more developments in Timon's character too that gives him a more heroic quality. It was very interesting that he initially viewed Pumbaa as an acquaintance, and I get the sense he was just trying to be careful that Pumbaa isn't predatory. But it also looked like he did want to be friends. That scene where they finally became besties remains one of my top favorites. Timon's kindness is always inspiring to see.
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Return to The Lion King 1½