Did TLK 1 1/2 inspire anyone to research actual meerkats?

Did TLK 1 1/2 inspire anyone to research actual meerkats?

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » April 17th, 2020, 9:33 am

TLK made me research actual lions and study their behaviors in the wild, and TLK 1 1/2 got me interested in watching documentaries about meerkats.

The TV show “Meerkat Manor” provides a great outlook on what it’s like being part of a meerkat society. Apparently an alpha female is in charge, and none of the subordinate meerkats are allowed to reproduce except the alphas. They do gang wars with rival meerkat groups too, usually in a battle over territory. Very interesting. Subordinate males usually lure females from other groups if they want lovers. Lol.

If this movie or TLK made you look up the actual animals’ lives, feel free to discuss here.
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Re: Did TLK 1 1/2 inspire anyone to research actual meerkats

Postby Stormy » April 17th, 2020, 3:13 pm

actually, yes. TLK made me interested in the animal kingdom as a whole. I’ve been researching many months about different animals and they way they behave, interact, etc. It has also made me interested in Zoology.
Though with how nicely they interact in TLK, it’s very important you don’t let it misguide you. :P

A lot of the animals are very beautiful, and VERY powerful.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

Postby Elton John » April 17th, 2020, 3:31 pm

Not this one, but the first movie (and part of The Lion Guard because of animals like Okapis that I didn’t know exist... or golden zebras which are real as well. did.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » April 17th, 2020, 4:06 pm

Yes, there are so many things to learn about the animal kingdom, and I'm glad TLK universe initiated more explorations on them.

Golden zebras are so fascinating.

I also did some research on the kinds of trees that grow in the African savanna. :D
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Postby Timon the great » August 17th, 2020, 3:26 am

After I really started to like Lion King and Timon around the same time I joined this forum, I was inspired to watch some videos about meerkats and even how some people keep them as pets. Though when it comes to LK meerkats themselves and especially Timon on this movie, the fact that he's much more humanlike than meerkatlike, makes all the difference to me on this topic because he's not much like a real life meerkat in almost all ways. So you don't need to know meerkats in order to know Timon )

'Not saying real life meerkats to me aren't interesting creatures, because they indeed are as a whole. The way they behave, move and the sounds they make are pretty interesting. But I dislike that people classify meerkats as felines because of 'kat' when that has no bearing on their class of species. They're actually mongooses.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Return to The Lion King 1½