What's this movie about?

What's this movie about?

Postby Outsider218 » November 14th, 2019, 2:19 am

I have heard about this movie but no idea what it's about? What is this movie about? :)
Outsider218
Life's Not Fair, is it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Re: What's this movie about?

Postby Elton John » November 14th, 2019, 2:43 am

It’s basically a ‘what if’ movie, if Timon and Pumbaa were a part of most of the events of tlk1. Mainly a comedy, some serious moments.

It isn’t terrible but compared to most other disney direct to video stuff from that era it is ok. The animation is decent, I like the new parts with young simba, and not all the jokes are bad.

I don’t consider it to be canon and there are a lot of fans who think it makes a mockery of the first movie.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Stormy » November 14th, 2019, 4:07 am

There’s some parts I’d like to say are cannon and some not, I’ll let myself keep thinking this way. ;)
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » November 14th, 2019, 5:50 am

It's the first movie but from Timon and Pumbaa's perspective, mainly Timon. The concept is unique. We get to see Timon's backstory in his meerkat colony (setting him up as the movie's protagonist) before he and Pumbaa met and their paths crossed with that of Simba, and the meaning of "hakuna matata" changed when both decided to follow Simba back to Pride Rock.

It's actually very well-liked on social media like Twitter and Instagram, and all the original cast are back so that adds to the quality of the movie. Some are canon like the backstories, though several segments retold by Timon seemed like pure exaggeration and unnecessary.

It's worth looking up though :D Great exploration of the meaning of friendship with a mix of comedy and some endearing moments. Disney Plus has debuted, and from what I saw on social media, many who are new to this movie are watching it.
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Postby Outsider218 » November 14th, 2019, 9:03 pm

Okay, cool. I still only like the first lion king movie & the second one simba's pride. I don't think that this movie is something i would like. No offense.
Outsider218
Life's Not Fair, is it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Return to The Lion King 1½