Funniest moment in this movie?

Funniest moment in this movie?

Postby ValiantVitani » August 11th, 2019, 2:02 pm

I tend to consider this more of a parody of the original story than a story in its own right (except for the Timon backstory parts at the beginning), and so I tend to find it a pretty fun movie to watch even if it isn't nearly as good as the original or TLK2.

However, I think it absolutely beats both of them in the humor department (which they weren't really going for, to be fair). And I think Timon's out of nowhere proposal to Shenzi is the funniest thing to happen in any Lion King media, period. I laugh every time at the absurdity, even when I watch the movie now. What moment from this movie gave you the most laughs?
ValiantVitani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Re: Funniest moment in this movie?

Postby TheLionPrince » August 12th, 2019, 5:50 pm

The hot tub scene
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby SimbasGuard » August 16th, 2019, 5:11 am

[quote="ValiantVitani"]I tend to consider this more of a parody of the original story than a story in its own right (except for the Timon backstory parts at the beginning)[/quote]

That is a neat way of looking at it. 8-)

Thanks to my Sister pointing this out to me, I look at it this way. It is a legit story, but is Timon's version of said story. I think it is safe to assume things were being exaggerated and/or fabricated.

Funniest scene? I have to admit I never gave that much thought. The Lion Prince and yourself chose excellent scenes. I'll have to go with one that was a favorite of one of my other Sisters: Busa Pumbaa
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » January 13th, 2021, 4:52 am

Been doing another rewatch. Fantastic animation, and I laughed at a number of scenes, including some that I originally didn't find that funny the first time I saw it. The scene where Timon met Pumbaa for the very first time and both ended up screaming got me LOLing a lot.
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Return to The Lion King 1½