If you could remake The Lion King 1 1/2...

If you could remake The Lion King 1 1/2...

Postby Lauren » July 17th, 2015, 2:13 am

I'm one of the fans out there that doesn't like the third film very much due to several reasons, but mostly because it flanderizes all over the great moments of the original film and there were missed opportunities for an actual sequel to conclude the entire trilogy. I know that there are fans out there who don't like it as much as the first two films, which is pretty much me. It would've been fine if they left it as only two films, especially since Simba's Pride ends with a title card on the screen just like the original film, but with the words "The End". Despite that, I'm very excited for The Lion Guard and I'm happy that it's going to focus on the lion characters again, as well as Kion's new friends. Plus, it's great that the series is going to continue from where the second film ended off and it's new content for the TLK universe.

This topic is very similar to one I saw several years ago, but it was focused on Simba's Pride and the ways any of its flaws/plotholes could've been fixed.

If The Lion Guard wasn't announced at the time, but the third film still existed, what ideas would you have had for an actual third film instead of the one we got focused on Timon and Pumbaa? What would you have changed about the 3rd film?

Some of my ideas:

- For starters, have the title be The Lion King 3 (if it's a sequel to SP). I don't count Timon and Pumbaa's movie as The Lion King 3. It's called The Lion King for a reason.

- If this was to be taking place before the events of TLK and SP, then I would've made it a prequel about Mufasa and Scar's childhood and how they came into terms of their positions in a monarchial family. I would love to know how Scar received his scar, how did Scar meet the hyenas, how Mufasa's relationship with his own father was like since he told Simba that he learned about the Great Kings of the Past being the stars by his father, how Mufasa met Sarabi, how did Pride Rock come into play as being a very important place for the royal family, how did the monarchial family begin, and etc. All those things would've been so much more interesting to learn about if this was a prequel. Plus, it would've answered one of the biggest questions that the fandom always asks: Who is Nala's father/the mate of Sarafina?

- If it was a sequel, one of the plots could've been about Kiara and Kovu having two cubs, a boy and a girl, and Simba and Nala becoming grandparents to them. Timon and Pumba could've gone missing and the cubs as well as Kiara and Kovu go on a mission to rescue them and return them to the Pridelands. It would've been so cool to see Simba and Nala as grandparents and have the Circle of Life continue even further with Kiara and Kovu's children.

- Another plot could've been about an earthquake or some other natural disaster destroying the Pridelands and the characters go on a mission to find a new home for everyone. The characters facing a natural disaster would've been a different kind of conflict for them to face. The first one was on defeating a tyrant within the pride, the second one was on restoring peace and reuniting a separate group of lions into one whole pride, and the third one could've been something based around mother nature itself. Having to leave a personal landmark that's been the home for previous generations before Simba and Mufasa's time would be a difficult internal conflict to face, especially towards Simba and Nala since they grew up there and one of them was there during Scar's reign. Pride Rock symbolizes family.

- My third idea for a plot could've taken a Legend of Korra type of approach to the story where one of the animals (i.e. a cheetah) wants to gather non-lion animals and challenge the lions for equality and take down the monarchy. Plus, the lions do eat some of the animals that live there like antelopes and it would make sense as to why they might try to take them down and challenge the meaning of the Circle of Life. We only see the lion characters learn this ideology and it's passed onto their children since they must understand how to rule properly when they grow up. The other animals that live within the Pridelands probably know about it or some of them don't understand it as much as the royal family does and they want to challenge their ideology. That would be very interesting.

- On a side note, I would've loved to see Kiara and Kovu receiving training to become the future king and queen from Simba and Nala. We never saw Simba receiving training from Mufasa since Scar killed his father, so I always wanted to see how actual training is like between the parent and child since they become next in line for the throne.

Depending on what kind of plot the third film could've had, I don't exactly know what kind of villain there would be, but hey. Maybe someone else could come up with something.

What are your ideas for a remake if you had the power to crate an actual third TLK film?
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: If you could remake The Lion King 1 1/2...

Postby SimbasGuard » July 17th, 2015, 7:31 am

You have some very interesting ideas.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby TheLionPrince » July 17th, 2015, 8:21 pm

If I could make a third Lion King movie, I would continue the Shakespearean roots of the films.

One idea was to have a Macbeth-style film with Scar as the protagonist. The film starts with Rafiki (or his predecessor) holding Mufasa and Scar in both of his arms as he presents the two princes to the kingdom. Mufasa's father is a consummate king, but has a quick temper. Nevertheless, he grows very affectionate over Mufasa, and doesn't show the same amount of love towards Scar. Wanting his father to feel proud of him, Scar tries to start a problem in the Pride Lands in which he believes he can solve thanks to his intelligence, but it backfires, and his father scars his eye in anger. Only Scar's mother shows an attachment for him, but the damage toward Scar's psyche is already done knowing his father never showed him the love that Mufasa received. Later on, we see the events of the first film from Scar's perspective. Zira could act as his Lady Macbeth, Mufasa is the Duncan of the story, and Simba, the returning prince who fled after his father's assassination, is the Malcolm of the story. Already knowing Scar dies in the story, the film ends with Zira giving birth to Kovu, tying the story with The Lion King II.

Spoiler: show
Back in 2011, another idea I had was for a two-part sequel to The Lion King II, adapting Julius Caesar and Antony and Cleopatra, which is kind of terrible because the original idea was dark, violent, and killed off so many characters. Basically, my original idea was that Simba is Julius Caesar, Kovu is Marc Antony, Kiara is Queen Cleopatra, and Kopa was Octavian, but because it had Kopa in the story, it could not work once I realized his character was not canon.

Nevertheless, the original concept of the film was that it starts with the birth of Kovu and Kiara's cubs, Chaka and Shani. Another pride enters into the Pride Lands, and Kovu's father was a member of the pride. Remembering the Pride Lands from years ago, Kovu's father reunites with Kovu and Vitani. Kopa also returns back to Pride Rock after he ran away from home because Zira tried to kill him years ago, and he carries that grudge against Kovu. The king of Kovu's father's pride uses the relationship between Kovu's father to Simba's pride as leverage, and schemes to take power. Using one of the cubs as bait, Simba sacrifices himself and dies a noble death. Kovu's father also tries to stop his evil plan, but he dies. Putting their differences aside, Kopa and Kovu team up, avenge both of their father's death (similar to the Second Triumvirate defeating Brutus and Cassius). Both fathers are given a memorial, and Kiara becomes queen, but a drought occurs in the Pride Lands during her reign.

Using the drought as political capital to seize power, Kopa rallies an army, and stirs opposition against her. The two armies fight with Kovu and Kopa dueling it out, but the war reaches a stalemate. Wisely knowing the Pride Lands is in turmoil, Kiara abdicates, and the pride leaves Pride Rock for a new grassland kingdom. At long last, Kopa takes power, but he tries to keep Kiara's pride from escaping. And like the Pharaoh of the Exodus, he catches up with them, and he dies. Guided by Simba's spirit, Kiara leads the pride into a new grassland kingdom to the music of "Shadowland", and the movie ends with the birth of her grandson.

Looking back on it, it's way too dark and mature, and I hate to see Kiara look like a terrible queen. However, some of the sums are greater than its whole with the pride leaving the Pride Lands for good, and Kopa, Simba's son, being the villain in contrast with Kovu, who resembles Scar, is one of the heroes of the story. It could make for a nice fanfiction story, but it doesn't count as a real Lion King III if I had the opportunity to make it.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby juhouh » July 30th, 2015, 8:56 pm

I would just rename it to something like 'Timon and Pumbaa's adventures'

TLK doesn't need any sequels anymore. The Lion King 1 1/2 itself was a total flop anyways
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby ScarsLove » August 6th, 2015, 4:21 pm

[quote="TheLionPrince"]If I could make a third Lion King movie, I would continue the Shakespearean roots of the films.

One idea was to have a Macbeth-style film with Scar as the protagonist. The film starts with Rafiki (or his predecessor) holding Mufasa and Scar in both of his arms as he presents the two princes to the kingdom. Mufasa's father is a consummate king, but has a quick temper. Nevertheless, he grows very affectionate over Mufasa, and doesn't show the same amount of love towards Scar. Wanting his father to feel proud of him, Scar tries to start a problem in the Pride Lands in which he believes he can solve thanks to his intelligence, but it backfires, and his father scars his eye in anger. Only Scar's mother shows an attachment for him, but the damage toward Scar's psyche is already done knowing his father never showed him the love that Mufasa received. Later on, we see the events of the first film from Scar's perspective. Zira could act as his Lady Macbeth, Mufasa is the Duncan of the story, and Simba, the returning prince who fled after his father's assassination, is the Malcolm of the story. Already knowing Scar dies in the story, the film ends with Zira giving birth to Kovu, tying the story with The Lion King II.
[/quote]

This. Just this.

Image Image Image Image

Spoiler: show
ScarsLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"All's well that's well for me"

Nickname(s): Wolfy, Nikki
Pride Points: 70

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 6th, 2015, 4:48 pm

I would do a prequel about scars cold sad past and cubhood :dramaking: , because of all the amazing fan fiction theories I read about they were so GOOD Especially Chronicles of the pride lands, SUCH A GOOD STORY!
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Elton John » August 6th, 2015, 5:11 pm

I don't like prequels because you pretty much know how they will end and cause continuity errors.

I would have a tlk3 be The Lion Guard but not made with a disney jr audience in mind.

I'd have it be about Kion as a cub. It would have the other four members, a new villain, and the other surviving tlk characters. Most returning characters will have some screentime but the focus will be on the new characters. That being said everyone would be important to the story in some way.

Also i'd have robert downy jr voice the villain cause' that would be awesome.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Hatari05 » August 12th, 2015, 11:33 am

You guys got some strong ideas The idea of basing the Scar movie off of Macbeth is sheer genius though i do have one question how long would that movie be I wrote my own backstory for Scar with the intention of treating it like a movie I didn't even include anything from the first movie it would still be close to two and half hours how long would that macbeth Scar movie be make no mistake I would love to see it but still.

As for a lion king three the idea of an uprising against the lions is a good idea one that surprisingly hasn't been used a lot.
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby Origibro » August 16th, 2015, 8:21 am

A movie about Nala and what she went through I'd pay hard dosh for.
May Nala cover you with positivity, love and joys beyond compare. :P
Origibro
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

A true Nalaholic.

Pride Points: 0

Postby zerodix » August 20th, 2015, 10:38 am

if I could remake the movie.. there would be at least more new characters in there. not just 2 new meerkat characters (I loved uncle max and ma, and to see what timons life was like) but for the rest I feel it is a bit of recycling old footage in a new jacket.
I would put in: some lion cub friends, more in-depth in simba's childhood.
maybe a love interest voor zazu (and timon and pumbaa too! THAT would be interesting teehee) and also some characters they meet on the journey.
and some cool catchy songs.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Next

Return to The Lion King 1½