Rafiki's mistake with Timon

Rafiki's mistake with Timon

Postby Timon the great » August 10th, 2014, 7:32 am

So does anyone notice that Rafiki makes a mistake with him, when he first tells him to "Look beyond what you see", but at the same time, doesn't realize Timon actually takes things literally, like Ma says about him?

I don't find that this has anything to do with the semi-parody aspect of the film. But I find this pretty amusing because Rafiki is suppose to be the all-knowing "baboon" of at least the film franchise.

It's funny in itself to me though, because I wonder how he doesn't know or realize in the beginning that Timon is the kind of hero who's shown to actually be literal on this film of his. Image
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Re: Rafiki's mistake with Timon

Postby TomCat » August 10th, 2014, 12:57 pm

TomCat
Lala kahle, my dear sister...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Re: Rafiki's mistake with Timon

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » February 8th, 2020, 2:52 pm

Lol. I also find that amusing, considering Rafiki is all-knowing. Timon does take things literally in the film. So I'm guessing he must've forgotten about Rafiki afterwards, since he was clueless about him in the original movie when Nala was with him and Pumbaa, talking about Simba. "Who's the monkey?"
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Return to The Lion King 1½