"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams..."

"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams..."

Postby Timon the great » July 6th, 2014, 11:41 pm

So I really love this quote from Him in this scene: "I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home."

I find that it is an excellent quote that deserves more recognition (along with the rest of the unique characteristics that Timon has in the film), than it has had since the film was released back in 2004.

While it was very unexpected for me to hear from him, it is a very good and comforting quote that will never leave my memory. Along with the sincerity and love that I also see from it.

I feel that this was given a good deal of thought and it means more than just those words and shows that some very good thoughts were put into this film by the creators.

For now, the last thing I'm going to say on this is that this is a turning point for Timon and it sort of blew me away when I first saw him say this to Ma. It is very uniquely different about him but its truly very good and lovely. Image
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Re: "I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams..."

Postby Zonofon » July 10th, 2014, 9:13 pm

As it is my favourite movie and character I can add that I like this moment also because it shows that Timon is very connected with Ma. After he leaved colony he haven't remembered about mother, but because of this phrase I see that he think about family.
Zonofon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby Carl » July 13th, 2014, 8:25 am

"Home is where the heart is."

You'll never feel like you're at home if you're missing someone you love.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Timon8 » July 17th, 2014, 10:20 am

I totally love the scene ''I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams, but it still wasn't home.'' The message is clear, and totally true. Loves makes a house a home.
''When the world turns it back on you, you turn your back on the world!''
Timon8
I see carnivores...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hakuna Matata!

Pride Points: 5

Postby Biomac » August 23rd, 2014, 4:18 am

A rare scene where Timon is being true and sincere, and shows what his is really made of. You can't live with forgetting your beloved ones.

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » October 30th, 2019, 3:16 pm

Such an endearing line from Timon, and Nathan Lane delivered it perfectly. A very powerful scene. It shows that Timon really does appreciate his mom.
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Return to The Lion King 1½