Rafiki hypocrite?

Rafiki hypocrite?

Postby Timon8 » June 15th, 2014, 2:54 pm

Altough I LOVE the Lion King 1,5 there's one thing that bothers me. In the first movie Rafiki says ''Yes, the past can hurt. But the ways I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it.'' So he's actually saying Hakuna Matata is a bad thing. But in this movie he tells Timon ''Hakuna Matata''! I know Simba and Timon were in a different situation, but it still seemed a little hypocrite.

Thanks for reading! :idea:
''When the world turns it back on you, you turn your back on the world!''
Timon8
I see carnivores...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hakuna Matata!

Pride Points: 5

Re: Rafiki hypocrite?

Postby Zonofon » June 16th, 2014, 6:37 pm

I think it is difficult to compare the situations of Timon and Simba. Rafiki showed Timon that he wanted to find.

Simba should have another destination than it was when he lived with Timon and Pumbaa. And Rafiki wanted to show it to him.

But Timon wanted to change his life, which ultimately led to the fact that the entire colony of meerkats has a new life and he understood that he can't be alone. That is Rafiki was right again. So Hakuna Matata have done very good thing not only for Timon. And it is very appropriate to him.
In general, all have different destinies.
Zonofon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Re: Rafiki hypocrite?

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » April 18th, 2020, 4:58 am

Great statement about both having different destinies, though eventually they ended up crossing paths and being part of the circle of life where everything is connected. Rafiki used Hakuna Matata as a bridge that not only led the meerkats to a danger-free life. It gave Timon the true meaning of the phrase. Friends stick together to the end. From my point of view at least :D
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Return to The Lion King 1½