Was Nala too harsh on Pumbaa?

Was Nala too harsh on Pumbaa?

Postby Animal of the Wild » April 23rd, 2014, 10:26 pm

When she tells him and Timon about why Simba's left, she does have the kindness to tell them again. All the time Pumbaa feels bad for Simba, and wants to help, even if he doesn't say anything. Yet Nala ends up being kind of nasty to him and abandons the two. Without really looking to see if they'll come.

I don't have a problem with her treating Timon like this, but doing it to Pumbaa, who really did care from the start, seemed kind of mean.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Re: Was Nala too harsh on Pumbaa?

Postby Ninaroja » April 23rd, 2014, 11:41 pm

I guess she was just frustrated - she spent time telling them what happened and then she just got two blank stares back at her. I know I definitely hate repeating myself when time is limited i.e. getting back in time to help Simba
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Animal of the Wild » April 24th, 2014, 5:17 am

But still, it wasn't any excuse for her to be nasty to poor Pumbaa.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Carl » April 24th, 2014, 5:46 pm

Actually, she wasn't mean to anybody. She explained more than once what was going on and both of them zoned out and didn't pay attention. The situation was extremely dire and she did not have the time to be standing there repeating herself again. Simba needed them in a hurry, as they could not be sure what he was planning on doing and he may have just rushed in recklessly and attacked Scar. That would have been very bad and they needed to get a move on. When she left, instead of just abandoning them, she said "Don't you get it? Simba needs us. NOW!" That was haste, not meanness or harshness. It was quite simply, that they did not need to know all of the details, all they needed to know was that Simba was in trouble and needed their help. She wasn't being nasty to Pumbaa or Timon. She was speaking urgently because Simba could have died if they didn't go and go soon. And she didn't look to see if they were coming because Simba could not afford to wait any longer, she had to go and at that point it was their decision as to whether or not they were going to help too. She didn't have the time to be too concerned about whether or not they were coming.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Animal of the Wild » April 25th, 2014, 4:34 pm

But Pumbaa was nice and wanted to help...
Animal of the Wild

Postby SlayerOfLight » April 25th, 2014, 5:11 pm

If you think that was ''harsh'' then I don't know what world you come from... Nala was just in a haste to catch up with simba, and she didn't have the time to just simply lead Timon and Pumba into the pridelands for a lovely excursion, even if Pumba wanted to help. Nuff said.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby Animal of the Wild » April 25th, 2014, 6:37 pm

You guys don't realize though...Pumbaa was the good one and Nala was bashing him. Let alonethe fact that she never apologized for trying to eat him earlier...
Animal of the Wild

Postby SlayerOfLight » April 25th, 2014, 6:58 pm

Just how was Nala bashing him? That's only your own logic...
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Animal of the Wild » April 25th, 2014, 7:01 pm

She didn't consider him helpful.
Animal of the Wild

Postby SlayerOfLight » April 25th, 2014, 7:26 pm

Well, according to thefreedictionary.com ''bashing'' refers either to:

1. To strike with a heavy, crushing blow: The thug bashed the hood of the car with a sledgehammer.
2. To beat or assault severely: The police arrested the men who bashed an immigrant in the park.
3. Informal To criticize (another) harshly, accusatorially, and threateningly: To engage in harsh, accusatory, threatening criticism.

And I personally just watched the scene with Nala Timon and Pumbaa of TLK 1/2, and I didn't notice any signs of Nala bashing Pumba. She only said out loud: ''Simba needs us!'' And With ''US'' she refers not only to herself, but also to Timon and Pumbaa alike, and therefore she neither bashed Pumbaa nor concidered him to be useless. So unless this thread is another one of your pointless spam attacks, I have not the slightest clue what you're trying to reach here.
SlayerOfLight

Next

Return to The Lion King 1½