The final scene.

The final scene.

Postby Zonofon » February 20th, 2014, 2:20 pm

I was wondering what you think about the final scene of TLK 3? I mean the one where the final song sounds.

On the one hand I think it is somewhat pretentious.
But on the other hand, I believe that it is appropriate for this film. It makes it look like a musical. This is a happy ending.
This scene also proves once again how important are Timon and Ma relationships in this movie- they stand together at the end of film.

Also I think it is no accident that at the end sounds the same song (Digga Tunnah), as in the beginning, but with changed words. This shows the ring composition of the film. I mean that at the end, we again see a colony of meerkats, but here main is Timon.
Zonofon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Re: The final scene.

Postby EdtheHyena » February 20th, 2014, 9:30 pm

I hated it. They didn't give the hyenas any closure. Since the original film didn't, I thought for sure this one would. But no, we got this. I'm sorry, I can't like it if the hyenas don't get a last moment. They're the only thing I like about LK---nothing else, only them.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby TheLionPrince » February 20th, 2014, 10:12 pm

As for the "movie" ending, I liked it very much. Using the "Digga Tunnah" melody, though with different lyrics, gave the film a book-ending feel to it similar to how The Lion King opens and closes with "Circle of Life".

Also, during the production of the film, the movie was originally to have a character named Buzz, and the colony sings an ending ballet to him in the first version of "Digga Tunnah". While the Buzz character was deleted because it complicated the story, it appears the ballet was transferred with changed lyrics to suit the movie's ending song to praise Timon. So, I think there's where the final film's ending song comes from.

[quote="EdtheHyena"]I hated it. They didn't give the hyenas any closure. Since the original film didn't, I thought for sure this one would. But no, we got this. I'm sorry, I can't like it if the hyenas don't get a last moment. They're the only thing I like about LK---nothing else, only them.[/quote]

I thought the original film did give closure to the hyenas, at least the clan that were with Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed. Already starving under Scar's reign and after being betrayed (after all the work the hyenas did for Scar), they get their revenge and their meal all in one package. As for , it felt implied (at least to me) that the hyenas sunk to the bottom end of Pride Rock where they approached Scar.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby EdtheHyena » February 21st, 2014, 1:24 am

But to show what happened to them after that. Really, would that have been too much to ask?

But again, the "Timon and Pumbaa" series showed what they (the main three) did after they left Pride Lands after eating Scar---had some wacky misadventures. :crazy2:

Still, I'm sure they also didn't show them after the tunnel scene because they were probably expecting to make a movie about them at some point (which apparently is never going to happen!) :cry:

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Postby Kiburi » February 21st, 2014, 2:06 am

I'm in agreement with TLP here. I thought that the original film did a fine job of giving the Hyenas closure. And, I'm not sure if Disney would've ever planned to make a sequel focusing specifically on the Hyenas, as I'm not sure that there are many people who would've wanted to see a sequel specifically targeting the Hyenas. Food for thought, though.
Kiburi
A waffle is like

A pancake with a syrup trap

Nickname(s): Kib, Kibbles, Kibbles n' Bits
Pride Points: 28

Postby EdtheHyena » February 21st, 2014, 6:32 am

I'm sure they would. I think they're popular enough characters, and the first movie didn't show what happened to them after they ate Scar. They needed to appear at some point during the finale. They could have done it during a post-credits scene of LK, but they didn't. They later showed them after the battle in the T&P series, but a lot of people from this generation aren't even aware that series exits.

Considering the amount of time they were offscreen (after their first scene they disappear until like, an hour later into the movie), and the focus they received in the time they were as secondary characters, I am shocked they didn't.

So really, the only explanation I can come up with is a movie with them as the leads was planned for later, and then cancelled. Which is terrible, because I would pay big money to see that. Well, maybe someday.

EdtheHyena

Postby Timon the great » February 21st, 2014, 11:24 pm

The last few posts above are going OT from what Zonofon originally made this topic about.

The final scene during the reprise of Digga Tunnah is nice and it does follow a similar ending that the Circle of Life reprise of TLK 1 does. I like that Timon's meerkat colony praises him in the end (which contains biblical references and especially the part where they sing "...And brought his family to the Promised Land"), while we also see Timon with Ma together, and then the "grand finale" as Timon calls it where they're standing just above Pumbaa and Simba.

This whole scene especially at this part gives me goosebumps because while I do know the film has technically ended, it just gives me this inner feeling where I don't want it to see it end. I guess what I'm really trying to say here on this is that more interesting work could've been done in this film, than how it has turned out to be, which is still good to me overall. But it could've definitely been even better like showing Timon's young/early life and how his deep relationship with his mother really came to be.

[quote="TheLionPrince"]Also, during the production of the film, the movie was originally to have a character named Buzz, and the colony sings an ending ballet to him in the first version of "Digga Tunnah". While the Buzz character was deleted because it complicated the story, it appears the ballet was transferred with changed lyrics to suit the movie's ending song to praise Timon. So, I think there's where the final film's ending song comes from.[/quote]
Fearless Buzz isn't and wasn't going to be a live TLK 3 character as I can also see from the deleted scene material you posted, which I already knew about beforehand.

Timon's meerkat colony was simply going to sing about what this dead character did in order to protect the colony in the past. It complicated matters for the creators because we hear the colony saying that Buzz was the bravest meerkat they had ever known. In which, when you watch the Digga Tunnah reprise at the end of the actual film, Timon's meerkat colony holds Him, as the bravest meerkat they have ever known.

So as you can see, the main reason for the complication is simply the fact that it would have contradicted Timon's own bravery in going out and changing the way a meerkat had to live in this film.

On a side note, it makes no sense to me how some people out there show that Fearless Buzz is actually Timon's father in their fan art or stories, when in fact Timon already had a deleted father shown in other deleted scene material, who isn't Buzz.

I know this topic was taken on before the sub-forum was cleaned out. But it still doesn't take away from anything of what I had said in this linked archive topic, regardless of both them being deleted characters.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby EdtheHyena » February 21st, 2014, 11:44 pm

Well, I'm glad everyone likes it, but it felt really stupid to me. I could forgive it, though, if they had just managed to put the hyenas in it. I mean, seriously, the original movie didn't give them closure seeing as they disappeared without almost any warning. The LEAST they could have done was have them appear one last time after the battle. I mean, they put so much focus on them during the two scenes they were onscreen, and they shoved Simba into this last scene, so I think the hyenas needed a good last moment.

I mean, think about it---the last we see is them falling down a tunnel before it abruptly cuts back to the others. That's no better than how they fared at the end of movie 1.

I know this is getting offtopic, but it felt like the best place to post this---in a topic about the ending. Something that I just can't not hate, solely for the reason that it forgot my beloved three.

EdtheHyena

Postby Timon the great » February 22nd, 2014, 12:03 am

^I see what you mean. But everything you've written in the post above is basically your same point that you've been making in this entire topic. I would recommend writing about this only once in a topic like this that isn't focused on what you're saying because it can also be considered spam and it makes people jumpy.

If you want to see what other people's responses are or everything you want to say about the hyenas on this film, simply make your own topic for it instead of posting about the same points multiple times in other topics that other members have made. I'm just letting you know about this to help you out. Though, I just really hope you're not "Simba the Lion King" in disguise, especially with your member name.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Zonofon » February 22nd, 2014, 12:32 pm

I think the main indicator that the film is very good is that when it ends, you want it to not end. So also with TLK 3 movie.

If we are talking about the fearless Buzz, I do not believe that he contradicts to the bravery of Timon. Even on the contrary, what has not been done by him, then managed to Timon. If I understand correctly, the colony praised Buzz at the beginning of the film, and then a hero became Timon. Timon changed life of colony, that is, he is even better than Buzz.
But this is not quite on topic.
Zonofon

Pride Points: 2

Next

Return to The Lion King 1½