10th Anniversary

10th Anniversary

Postby Timon the great » February 11th, 2014, 5:16 am

Today officially marks ten full years since TLK 1 1/2 or 3 was released here in North America on February 10, 2004. And while it has mixed views from the fandom, it still deserves full recognition as an official TLK film.

To this day, it is my most favorite film of the trilogy and will remain so, forever on. Even though I sometimes wish I would've came back to Timon and TLK much earlier than I did back in 2012, it will still all hold a special place in my life. This film, along with Timon (the central protagonist of it), and him and his mother's relationship, has changed me for the better over these last two years and it all has an everlasting impact on my life.

This very part of the film will never leave my life or memory, because it means so much to me:

Timon Ma Lion King 3 025.PNG

So with all this in the meantime, from myself, Happy 10th Anniversary, The Lion King 1½!.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Re: 10th Anniversary

Postby DGFone » February 11th, 2014, 5:30 am

Okay, to be truthful, 1 1/2 has got to be my least favorite of the trio. But it does have a good few moments here and there, so at the very least for providing those moments that were not in the other two movies:

Happy 10th, The Lion King 1 1/2!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby MooLion » February 11th, 2014, 12:56 pm

That long? I still remember when I bought it and wow, so much has occurred since then...

Happy 10th Anniversary, The Lion King 3: Hakuna Matata ! :grouphug: (I wish it was named 1 1/2 over here, too)
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby TheLionPrince » February 11th, 2014, 3:03 pm

Happy Birthday, The Lion King 1½! I remember receiving the DVD for my birthday exactly ten years ago. I popped it into the DVD player, and was blown away at how visually it resembled the original film. I noticed little errors like Timon not recognizing Rafiki, but it's still a fun movie!
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Zonofon » February 11th, 2014, 4:17 pm

tim10.png
tim10.png (157.89 KiB) Viewed 6999 times

I can not believe that 2004 was 10 years ago.
Long live The Lion King 1 1/2 (3)! Long live Timon! :luau:
I am happy that I saw this film that brought a lot of new in my life, although I know TLK 3 only two years.
otkr4.png
Zonofon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby Bloodspill » February 13th, 2014, 10:37 pm

Wow, I can't believe it's been 10 years now. I remember when it was in cinemas, all the tv adverts and stuff. Good times, good movie.
Life's not fair, is it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby KiarasBiggestFan » February 14th, 2014, 7:10 pm

Yay. 1 1\2 is my second favorite movie in the franchise! :D
KiarasBiggestFan
I am the ninja

We are one

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 3

Postby EdtheHyena » February 19th, 2014, 10:19 pm

The two scenes with the hyenas made this film good, in my opinion.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Nickname(s): Eddie

Postby Remorazz » February 19th, 2014, 11:25 pm

I remember first watching TLK 1 ½! Happy 10th anniversary :D
Thank You SophieCub: show
Remorazz

Nickname(s): Remo

Postby ScarLoyal » April 25th, 2014, 8:06 pm

Happy 10th anniversary! :D
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Next

Return to The Lion King 1½