which do you prefer?

Timon & Pumbaa (series)
20%
The Lion King 1 1/2
80%

Total votes : 30

Re: This or Timon and Pumbaa series?

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » November 10th, 2019, 2:56 am

Oh wow I just noticed. Ernie Sabella must be the only original actor to still reprise his character in every "TLK" film/TV/video game work. "TLK 2019" seems to be all about the new cast with the exception of James Earl Jones. Funny how Seth Rogen tried to channel Ernie voice-wise while infusing his own style of humor.

I had the chance to look up earlier "Timon and Pumbaa" episodes on Youtube. While definitely not canon, it was a celebratory show about their friendship, and some episodes did show Timon and Pumbaa's character growth especially after they fought over something. Usually Timon was at fault. Eg. "Yukon Con" when he got jealous of Pumbaa getting all the gold and got tricked into stealing it by the villain but then he realized his mistake and tried to make it up to Pumbaa who felt really betrayed.
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Postby Stormy » November 10th, 2019, 5:35 am

I’m guessing Ernie must really love his role if he goes back still even after 25 years to reprise it. I must wonder if any future Lion King property comes out besides a Simba’s Pride remake (which they will likely stick with 2019 voices) if he’d take back his role once more lol
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » November 10th, 2019, 2:08 pm

In recent Youtube interviews I saw, Ernie seemed as excited as ever to still voice Pumbaa in anything that's not the CGI version. He doesn't seem to have a lot of film/TV credits though aside from Broadway - at least when it comes to big roles - so that may have been one factor that enabled him to continue as Pumbaa.

I think Nathan would've done more work as Timon in the TV show had he not got "The Birdcage", "Mouse Hunt", "Isn't She Great" and his leading Broadway role on "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum". Matthew and Nathan still looked back on "The Lion King" with a lot of appreciation though, like in their interviews with Entertainment Weekly last year and during their time on "The Producers". Jeremy Irons seemed very grateful too to have been a big part of the original movie. Moira Kelly was always so sweet. Wish they also did more interviews with her.

What still remains a mystery to me is why Rowan Atkinson wouldn't come back as Zazu in "Simba's Pride" lol. Or maybe he was too busy with the "Mr. Bean" movie that time.

I wonder that too about the "Simba's Pride" remake, though I'm guessing it will be the 2019 cast lol. If it stays CGI, then it'd probably make more sense if the 2019 cast are back in CGI form, which they have already expressed their interest in, even Beyonce. They already have a different look and essence than the 2D versions. CGI Kiara, Kovu, Zira, Vitani and Nuka would be interesting to see :D
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Previous

Return to The Lion King 1½