38%
Not really
13%
Kind of
50%

Total votes : 8

Is He Really A "Mama's Boy"?

Postby Timon the great » November 3rd, 2013, 10:54 pm

Not that it bothers me at all. But it seems that all of the scenes with Timon and Ma, lead me to believe so. To better define what I am asking, does Timon really like or enjoy being there for and with his mother?

So with that, what would you say? Image
Last edited by Timon the great on May 4th, 2014, 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Re: Is He Really A "Mama's Boy"?

Postby Zonofon » November 4th, 2013, 8:58 pm

This is not such a simple question, as it seems.
First need to figure out who is a "Mama's Boy".
Firstly, I believe that is the one who does not try to offend or contradict mother. It's not quite like Timon - he did not stay in the colony , as advised to him by his mother , but went looking for another life. And that means he made his mother worry.

Second, is the one to whom is very important advice and support of the mother . He wants to be comforted . Then I think Timon corresponds to this description . He did not leave the colony until said goodbye to his mother, talked to her and hugged her . And it turned out very cordial.

And also two facts : when he only left the colony and despaired , he called his mother : "Mommy! Mommy-Aah! Ha ha!".
And at the end of the movie, he said that he did not think that without his mother the "dream house" is his house .

I did not get a clear answer to this question. But I think it's good. This means that Timon is described in this movie very good , that is, he is not positive or negative. Also, he can not be unequivocally called a mama's boy . That is, as in life.

But I can not disagree with that fact that many features of a " mama's boy " in him are present.
Zonofon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby EdtheHyena » November 18th, 2013, 3:28 am

I voted kind of...I think a mama's boy would mean he's REALLY attached to her. Which he isn't, really. Of course, that doesn't mean he doesn't love her, but I think if he was, he might not be so eager to leave his colony. I voted "kind of".

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby Timon the great » December 8th, 2013, 3:48 pm

^Well see, that's the thing. All the scenes with just them in this film give an almost clear sign that they're quite attached. If you look at the deleted scenes and then also the DVD/blu-Ray feature video of "Timon: Behind the Legend", it goes even further into this topic. It's very obvious in the deleted scenes that they are close, even during Timon's younger days and much more than with his father.

It's clear that Timon has a loving nature with Ma. Especially near the end of the film at Pride Rock and when he shows her their new predator-free home in the jungle paradise, like in this scene. 'Same thing goes in the beginning just before he leaves her. The warm smile he leaves her just before he begins to walk away, gives more insight to this. Timon welcomed her back with open arms when they reunite at Pride Rock.

Just film-wise, I know the work done between them is less compared to all the scenes of Timon with Pumbaa. But it's amazing how something that's treated "small" like Timon and his mother's relationship from this film, has been generally ignored over the years after this TLK film was released back in 2004. Image
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » December 18th, 2019, 4:42 am

From the movie, deleted scenes and that behind-the-scenes segment, Timon seems to be both a mama's boy as shown in their time together but is able to be independent and support himself outside the colony, and taking into account his character in "Simba's Pride", we can see he can do well by himself but I know he will always love and appreciate his mom and that she still means the world to him. They will always have that loving nature, as a mother-son bond is a special one.
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Return to The Lion King 1½