Confused about the ending

Confused about the ending

Postby KiarasBiggestFan » October 29th, 2013, 5:33 pm

Well at the end it's shown Timon and Pumbaa along with Ma and Max choose to live in the oasis. But, In Simba's Pride it seems like Timon and Pumbaa live in the Pridelands. I know Simba's Pride came first, but did they consider it when they made the ending of this movie? :grumpy:
KiarasBiggestFan
I am the ninja

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are one

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 3

Re: Confused about the ending

Postby Carl » October 29th, 2013, 6:02 pm

It didn't necessarily show that they lived there. Yes they took Ma and Uncle Max to live there and they, along with the other meerkats, took up residence there, but there's several explanations that could fit Timon and Pumbaa's presence in both films.

-Timon and Pumbaa preferred to live at Pride Rock with Simba, so like him, they were simply visiting the meerkats in the jungle.

-Timon and Pumbaa stayed in the jungle with the meerkats, but when Kiara was born, Simba asked them to come to Pride Rock and assist so they were around more often.

-Timon and Pumbaa lived in the jungle with the meerkats for a while, but then something happened, be it a falling out with the meerkats or something more catastrophic, and they were forced to move to Pride Rock before Kiara was born and SP started.

-The other meerkats couldn't put up with Pumbaa's gas all the time, and so Timon and Pumbaa left to live with the lions.

-Jungle predators became more of a problem, so the paradise life didn't last long.

-Timon and Pumbaa felt weird living away from Simba after all those years, so after staying in the jungle with the meerkats for a while, they moved to Pride Rock.

Some of those are extremely similar and I'm sure someone else can come up with more possible explanations as those are just off the top of my head.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 29th, 2013, 9:08 pm

I've also got a question.

Why don't we see the hyenas after they fall down the hole?? I mean we see Simba again when he hugs Timon and Pumbaa before climbing pride rock and swimming at Timon's meerkat colony and we even see him and even Rafiki again in the cinema...btu why don't the hyena get one last cameo?? If this was truly going to be the last movie, you think they would give them a final cameo.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby S1mba » February 27th, 2014, 11:31 am

Maybe it's now their holiday home! :D
Danger? Hmm! I walk on the wild side. I laugh in the face of danger. Mwah ha ha ha!
S1mba

Pride Points: 0

Postby Kiburi » February 27th, 2014, 2:20 pm

They did give them their final shot, when they implied that the Hyenas then had a feast on Scar.
So, yeah. There was no more attention that needed to be given to them at that point. Then the movie would have become redundant and it would take away from the serious moment depicted where Simba finally climbs Pride Rock, and takes his place in the Circle of Life.
Kiburi
A waffle is like

A pancake with a syrup trap

Nickname(s): Kib, Kibbles, Kibbles n' Bits
Pride Points: 28

Postby ScarLoyal » April 25th, 2014, 7:33 pm

I believe that the scene may have taken place in-between 'SP' and 'Outsider banishment'.. Perhaps they visited Timon and the colony back at the jungle? I mean, he only just became King.
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Postby Biomac » May 1st, 2014, 5:03 am

Maybe did they only stay here for a moment, but actually not moved to the oasis, who knows.
Last edited by Biomac on January 23rd, 2020, 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby Animal of the Wild » May 1st, 2014, 9:25 pm

[quote="Kiburi"]They did give them their final shot, when they implied that the Hyenas then had a feast on Scar.
So, yeah. There was no more attention that needed to be given to them at that point. Then the movie would have become redundant and it would take away from the serious moment depicted where Simba finally climbs Pride Rock, and takes his place in the Circle of Life.[/quote]

But that's what we saw at the end of the first, serious movie.

This was more of a comedy and could easily afford showing the hyenas again.
Animal of the Wild

Postby Animal of the Wild » June 4th, 2014, 5:41 am

[quote="Kiburi"]They did give them their final shot, when they implied that the Hyenas then had a feast on Scar.
So, yeah. There was no more attention that needed to be given to them at that point. Then the movie would have become redundant and it would take away from the serious moment depicted where Simba finally climbs Pride Rock, and takes his place in the Circle of Life.[/quote]

Ruin the seriousness of the moment? Why? Because they're comic relief characters? Well, Timon and Pumba are too and they were there!! Plus, they hardly got ANY aatention during LK 1/2 and deserved some more showing what happened to them after they ate Scar.

Seriously, does anybody but me care about them?
Animal of the Wild

Postby Ninaroja » June 4th, 2014, 11:51 am

[quote="Animal of the Wild"]

Seriously, does anybody but me care about them?[/quote]

To the same level as you, probably not. :/

There's plenty of movies where the characters' fates are ambiguous. In fact, in the original draft of "The Shawshank Redemption", one of my favorite movies,
Spoiler: show
the ending line was "I hope I can get acroos the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope." and that was the end! We didn't get the scene where Red and Andy meet on the beach, so we had no idea if Red ever truly did see him again.
But y'know what? If the film had ended that way I wouldn't have got myself worked up about it. I would have enjoyed pondering the possibilities and told myself that, after all, it is just a movie (and this is me talking here! If I can say "it's just a movie" to something then anyone can.)
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Next

Return to The Lion King 1½