Confused about the ending

Re: Confused about the ending

Postby Timon8 » June 15th, 2014, 2:40 pm

I always thought that Timon and Pumbaa lived in the ''paradise land'' of TLK 1 1,5 , but they came to the Pridelands to take care of Kiara. A really strange explanation but it satisfies me.
''When the world turns it back on you, you turn your back on the world!''
Timon8
I see carnivores...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hakuna Matata!

Pride Points: 5

Postby Timon the great » June 16th, 2014, 6:49 am

What it all comes down to me on the subject of this topic is, I look at this film as its very own work and not try to connect things from it to the other LK films.

Every film released is its own work (even the creators of every film are never entirely the same people either) and so it should be seen that way. This makes it much easier to really grasp what each film has to offer on its own, be it a character, message, etc.

[quote="Ninaroja"]I would have enjoyed pondering the possibilities and told myself that, after all, it is just a movie (and this is me talking here! If I can say "it's just a movie" to something then anyone can.)[/quote]
I don't find that it is simple to say that Any film, including this one is simply "Just a movie". I know many people out there like to say that because they want to be "entertained" or merely classify it as entertainment, which isn't necessarily good. And its technically not accurate when it comes to these things.

One reason is because of the fact that the emotions/feelings coming from the characters are real and they do affect us actual people. You really can feel what a character feels inside on a film and even grow an attachment to them. You really can.

This is how it is for me everytime I see Timon from this film of his. Those feelings that he experiences in many scenes affect me too and are not fake. So the creators can definitely can put a lot into things like this.

I mean, with me, in a fictional work, I can say that a story is simply "just a story" because it never actually happened like in non-fiction for one reason and sometimes you do just need to turn your brain "off" and let your imagination take over to really take these things in.

Since I'm very character-oriented, it really matters about what comes from the characters themselves on fiction-based films. They're the ones that truly live on here and everything from themselves. Not the story that was made up for that film.

You can definitely have a cruddy story in something like this, but still have interesting characters to look on or take in.

But all in all, there are times where things from a film can be subliminal and quite frankly, a lot of media influences people whether they realize or not, just like TV does a lot of the time.

If you see a film as "Just a movie", then that would also mean you see TLK 1 like that as well.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Queen_Nala » September 13th, 2014, 6:10 pm

Timon and Pumba came back after they needed baby sitter for Kiara and other meerkats stayed at the oasis.
Queen_Nala
Young Queen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Come cuddle with me...

Nickname(s): Nala, Little one, Young one, Young Queen, Angel
Pride Points: 2

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » January 8th, 2020, 3:49 am

I've always wondered what happened between the ending of 1 1/2 and going into the 2nd movie. It made sense that Timon and Pumbaa returned to babysit Kiara, or that they have always went back and forth between the jungle paradise and Pride Rock.
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Previous

Return to The Lion King 1½