Is Zira Scar's daughter?

Is Zira Scar's daughter?

Postby FriendlyHyena » December 10th, 2018, 7:47 am

I know this sounds far-fetched, but it's possible. We don't know Zira's age, except that she's presumably an adult by the time Kovu, who is NOT a child of Scar, is born. Kovu may have been the child of some lioness and a rogue lion. Perhaps the mother abandoned him and Zira, perhaps a teen or young adult, adopted Kovu. We don't know how long past his coming of age Simba was in exile. Perhaps if Zira was born a few months after Scar took over, she'd be old enough to be a parent to Nuka sometime before Simba's return. Vitani perhaps could have been born AFTER the exile (we don't know her age, though she looks a bit similar to Kovu's age or younger.) Perhaps seeing that his daughter's firstborn, Nuka, was not fit to be the new heir, and wanting a fit king, picked Kovu to be the successor.

Zira may have been quite normal until her father's death, at which she became insanely obsessed with avenging Scar's death by killing Simba and taking back the throne. Since she was Scar's daughter, rather than some random Outlander with an unknown relationship to Scar, she may well have been able to persuade some of the Pridelands lionesses to join her side.

Of course, I don't know why she would never have referred to Scar as "father" at all, so this theory seems unlikely. But is it even plausible?
FriendlyHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Re: Is Zira Scar's daughter?

Postby TheLionPrince » December 10th, 2018, 7:26 pm

No, it's not plausible. The filmmakers originally envisioned for Zira to be Scar's mate and Kovu to be their son, but they ran into the problem of having an incestuous relationship with Kiara, who would have been Kovu's first cousin once removed. So, Scar was decided to not be the father, but Zira was still his mother. If there was such an important relationship with Zira and Scar, it would have been mentioned.

I tend to think Zira is slightly older than Simba and Nala, but not old enough to be apart of Scar, Mufasa, and Sarabi's generation. So, she's in the same generation of Simba and Nala.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Outsider218 » December 18th, 2018, 9:56 pm

Isn't Zira Scar's mate?
Outsider218
Life's Not Fair, is it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Elton John » December 18th, 2018, 10:34 pm

[quote="Outsider218"]Isn't Zira Scar's mate?[/quote]

no. I mean I guess it was originally but that was changed after I think it was Michael Eisner realized that kovu and kiara were cousins, and Disney doesn’t do incest.

Simba and Nala ain’t blood for that simple reason.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby MalibuTrashDog » December 18th, 2018, 11:23 pm

Pretty sure Zira was basically a Scar fangirl. It is possible for Nuka to be her and Scar’s son which would explain why he’s so bitter towards Kovu (as in why does this bastard child have a right to be the chosen one when I am the true son?) type of deal.
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The trash that collects you.

Nickname(s): Malibu, Sam
Pride Points: 100

Postby SimbasGuard » December 19th, 2018, 6:11 am

As the story Officially stands, We are supposed to believe that Zira is just a follower of Scar. This is due to that fact that when the choice to have Kovu Not be Scar's son was made, (The filmmakers were then forced, to obscure what Zira's connection to Scar was). While having Kovu's Father be some (for lack of a better explanation) Random Rogue Lion was the right choice for both the movie and Kovu. Not then being permitted the time to the rework Zira's backstory. did a disservice to the movie and Zira. I always assumed Zira was from Scar, Mufasa, and Sarabi's generation. However her being a generation younger than Scar (yet still older than Simba and Nala) explains how she could have been taken in by Scar's charisma. Despite Disney saying that Zira is not Scar's mate I find it hard to believe that Zira would have been so fanatically devoted to Scar if their (As Zira put it in The Lion Guard) "Very Close" relationship isn't of the sort that could have resulted in...uhm...Nuka (Although that theory itself is all but impossible to line up time and story-wise).
Last edited by SimbasGuard on December 23rd, 2018, 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Outsider218 » December 23rd, 2018, 12:27 am

[quote="Elton John"][quote="Outsider218"]Isn't Zira Scar's mate?[/quote]

no. I mean I guess it was originally but that was changed after I think it was Michael Eisner realized that kovu and kiara were cousins, and Disney doesn’t do incest.

Simba and Nala ain’t blood for that simple reason.[/quote]

i didn't know that! :ugh:
Outsider218
Life's Not Fair, is it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Queen Chaka » May 30th, 2019, 3:49 am

A friend of mine named Kyle Blake contacted Darrell Rooney (the director) and Cindy Marcus (the writer) of the sequel. They both said that Zira is Scar's wife. And Rooney confirmed that Zira is Scar's age. So Zira is not Scar's daughter. Plus, if she was, then Kovu and Kiara would've been second cousins. But still a nice theory. It brings a more 'Hamlet' feeling to the film.
Queen Chaka

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby TheLionPrince » May 30th, 2019, 9:44 pm

[quote="Queen Chaka"]A friend of mine named Kyle Blake contacted Darrell Rooney (the director) and Cindy Marcus (the writer) of the sequel. They both said that Zira is Scar's wife. And Rooney confirmed that Zira is Scar's age. So Zira is not Scar's daughter. Plus, if she was, then Kovu and Kiara would've been second cousins. But still a nice theory. It brings a more 'Hamlet' feeling to the film.[/quote]

Would you mind posting a screenshot of what Darrell Rooney and Cindy Marcus posted? It's not that I don't believe you, but it's pretty much settled that Zira is not Scar's mate.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » July 26th, 2019, 3:24 pm

What the frack? Didn't realise theories like this were still being conceived. I love this fandom.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Next

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride