What would have happened had Zira not ambushed Simba?

Re: What would have happened had Zira not ambushed Simba?

Postby FriendlyHyena » September 27th, 2019, 2:35 am

[quote="Hatari05"][quote="SimbasGuard"]Kovu was trying to work up the courage to tell Kiara about Zira's plot before Simba wanted to talk with him, so asking Simba for permission to marry Kiara was not on his mind at the time.

Simba was about to let Kovu join The Pride, now while this is in no way the same as Simba giving his blessing on Kovu marring Kiara. Given Nala's conversation with Simba the night before and the wink he gave Kiara before taking Kovu on that walk the next day. Simba knew full well that by letting Kovu join The Pride, he was also saying it was O.K.for Kovu And Kiara to date.

Had Zira not done that ambush, Kovu would have come clean to Kiara (he obviously did not want to peruse a relationship with her under any false pretenses), and then they would have gone to Simba with the truth.

The real question is when Zira gets the report from her most trusted soldier Vitani, why would she choose to do nothing? The only other option would be a full scale attack, against Simba's Pride With a fully healthy Simba who would now have Kovu on his side. Those odds would not look good for The Outsiders.[/quote]

I actually think that while the ambush was well planned Zira might've done more damage if she waited. Kovu isn't willing anymore but she could still control him by using Kiara against him threatening to kill her if Kovu doesn't comply or even telling him she dies if Kovu confesses. This would leave Kovu trapped as despite his morals I don't think he would risk Kiara for them. If killing Simba meant Kiara's survival it's possible he would do it. Another possibility is letting Kovu confess as it only builds deep trust that Zira can tear apart later on.

I think if the ambush happened after Kovu confessed it's unlikely even Kiara wouldn't of believed him as it would paint his confession as part of his cover which would be a deep betrayal to Kiara as the moment that cemented their trust and love of each other would've been a lie meant to use her to cement Simba's trust. Such a revelation would likely bring out a far more vicious and vengeful side of Kiara especially if Simba didn't survive. If Kovu confessed and than later on was exposed as a traitor after Simba died Kiara would likely feel so betrayed that she would hunt him to the ends of the Earth.

Zira could've taken what Kovu loved and made it her main weapon against him, either as a hostage and leverage or by using Kovu's inevitable "betrayal" to crush Kiara's soul and leave him in a scenario where the woman he loves wants his head. I think if Simba wasn't ambushed we would've went to a far darker place than Simba's Pride ended up in.[/quote]

We're also assuming that Simba would take it well. What if he didn't and sent Kovu into exile anyway? Zira could easily have played on that to get Kovu to want to kill Simba again (if only so he could see Kiara).
FriendlyHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Re: What would have happened had Zira not ambushed Simba?

Postby SimbasGuard » November 18th, 2019, 10:25 am

Even though Kiara loves Kovu with all her heart, if Kovu killed Simba to be with her Kiara would hate Kovu for that.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Previous

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride