What exactly did Zira plan to do to Kiara?

What exactly did Zira plan to do to Kiara?

Postby FriendlyHyena » May 19th, 2018, 5:35 am

This is an interesting point. She mentions "squealing in my grasp" but doesn't further elaborate.

If Zira intended to kill Kiara, though, I think that Kovu would have told her when he fell in love with her. I don't think Kovu fully cared for Simba until Simba had told him the truth about Scar and all of that. hence why Kovu was content NOT to reveal the plan ahead of time to even Kiara (if she loved him, I don't think she'd outright tell her father, as she knew Simba would banish him.)

One possibility is that Zira intended to force Kiara to marry Kovu after Simba's death, thus making Kovu the king of Pride Rock by marriage. If so, that might be why Kovu wasn't too concerned about Kiara being in danger.

The only time that Kiara was in direct danger from Zira, unless Zira tried something when Kovu and Kiara first met as cubs (it's been some time since I've seen Simba's Pride), was at the final battle when Kiara jumped at Zira to stop her from killing Simba.
FriendlyHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Re: What exactly did Zira plan to do to Kiara?

Postby WildSimba » May 19th, 2018, 11:35 pm

"The sound of Simba's dying gasp
His daughter squealing in my grasp
His lionesses' mournful cry
That's my lullaby"

This makes it pretty obvious that her intent was to kill them and take over the throne. What is with your REALLY deep reaching for things that aren't there?

[quote="FriendlyHyena"]
One possibility is that Zira intended to force Kiara to marry Kovu after Simba's death, thus making Kovu the king of Pride Rock by marriage. If so, that might be why Kovu wasn't too concerned about Kiara being in danger.
[/quote]

Glaring at her for a few seconds and then having a change of heart does not equate to him not being concerned about Kiara being in danger. Once they fall in love with eachother, he very much cares.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby FriendlyHyena » May 22nd, 2018, 5:32 am

What I meant was, even if he thought Simba had murdered Scar and was a creep, if he loved Kiara, one would have thought he'd, in private, have told her that Zira did set the whole thing up fire escape thing up to not just kill Simba but eventually her too.

Also, though some don't regard Lion Guard as cannon, Zira walks around Kion and sings "Lions Over All" with him when she CLEARLY had a chance to kill him and Simba wouldn't have been able to stop her.

Also, when Nuka is upset that Kiara survived the fire, Zira says that it was part of the plan and that it was so that Kovu could get alone with Simba and kill him.

Of course, maybe Zira DID plan to kill Kiara eventually, but I don't think she told Kovu. I think Zira knew that Kovu and Kiara liked each other and that Zira eventually settled at getting a path through to Simba through his daughter and her bringing in Kovu. Perhaps they just didn't know the specifics until eventually they settled on the fire plan.
FriendlyHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FriendlyHyena » May 22nd, 2018, 5:32 am

Oops, double posted by mistake. Can't find a way to delete this.
FriendlyHyena

Postby SimbasGuard » May 28th, 2018, 8:15 am

[quote="FriendlyHyena"]Zira eventually settled at getting a path through to Simba through his daughter and her bringing in Kovu. Perhaps they just didn't know the specifics until eventually they settled on the fire plan.[/quote]

That is exactly what she says when she scolds Kovu for trying to make friends with Kiara in the first part of the movie.

[quote="Zira"]You thought you'd get to the daughter and Simba would welcome you with open arms! What an idea"[/quote]

Zira then thinks for a moment, suddenly thinks it a great idea, and praises Kovu for being brilliant.

As for why Zira didn't kill Kion when she had the chance. Zira would have preferred to corrupt Kion and bring him to her side. Failing that she wanted to force Kion to use The Roar against them as she believed it would depower him. If that didn't work she would have killed him.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride