Nuka is Scar's son! Official!

Nuka is Scar's son! Official!

Postby ScarXZira10889 » December 7th, 2016, 7:56 pm

Image I was lucky enough to get a friend (who is also on TLFAA) to contact a TLK 2 SP writer on Facebook named Flip Kobler who was one of TLK SP's writers and was involved in the movie for most of it. I'm hiding the identity because she told me to and for various reasons, she would like to remain anonymous. It turns out that Nuka IS Scar's son. Also, check out Flip's IDMB here: http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0462164/
ScarXZira10889
Zira, Queen of PrideRock

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Well done, Kovu. Just like we've always planned.

Nickname(s): Zira,Scars devoted Queen
Pride Points: 0

Re: Nuka is Scar's son! Official!

Postby TheLionPrince » December 7th, 2016, 8:54 pm

If Nuka is Scar's son, then, why does he call his dad by his formal name? Everything from the movie to deleted scenes has him refer to Scar as simply "Scar". I'd know the line, "Kovu, Kovu, Kovu. Scar wasn't even his father. He just took him", perhaps points that Nuka is Scar's son, but it seems obviously written to explain Kovu was not Scar's son.

It is true that Nuka was designed as more beefy and muscular. There are early concept artworks that prove this. It was also nice of your friend to find him on Facebook, but even with The Lion Guard, it seems the relationship between Zira and Scar is still left to interpretation. Zira states they "were close" although she does not elaborate on what that means. They could be mates according to some fans, but to others, it's not. Its open-endness makes any following debate more interesting.

Strangely, it seems everyone involved during the making of Simba's Pride has their own individual answer. Mr. Kobler and Bill Motz, a storyboard artist, claim Nuka (and Kovu) were Scar's cub while the director, Darrell Rooney, states Zira's relationship with Scar "was left obscured to make her 'just a follower'". It's confusing, but I'd stick with Rooney's statement that Zira was a devoted follower and the father of her children is not Scar.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby ScarXZira10889 » December 7th, 2016, 9:06 pm

The reason as to why Nuka doesn't say "father" is because 1. He wasn't aloud to tell anyone or 2. He didn't know. OR 3. He didn't want to know him. I'm going to get her to ask about that too. There could be more reasons as to why he doesn't call him "father". If a child is abused by their father and then start to not really see them as their father then they would just refer to them as their nickname. Actually, Flip Kobler had even asked about it. So, the Darrell Rooney post also says that Scar and Zira's relationship was "obscured." Meaning: that they DID have an relationship but it is unclear to what type it was. As for the Bill Motz answer....
He worked right before the idea of Kovu being Scar's son was scrapped. Also, don't forget that his memory may have been a little dogey, so, he wouldn't really remember much. Flip Kobler had also worked with the directors during production. He was even able to get in touch with them and them and the answer was "yes" according to the TLKFAA user. No where does it state on the Darrell Rooney post that Scar isn't the father of Nuka or Vitani. Only Kovu. Bill Motz also said that he only "belives" that they are Scar's offspring. So that can be debunked.
ScarXZira10889
Zira, Queen of PrideRock

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » December 7th, 2016, 9:42 pm

I know the real story.

The whole true story.

The really true story.

Nuka was born from the Lions Enfant Terrible project, Using the genes of Ahadi, the greatest Lion who ever lived and his surrogate mom, Zira, they tried to create the perfect lion.

Nuka was injected with the liondie virus by Sarafina, which rapidly increased how fast he aged on a mission in Alaska, all the while learning that Kovu killed his mentor and was his biological brother. He befriended Zazu, whose nickname was Zatacon...zazu conention.

Later on we find out that The Mickey Mouse Club is actually AI and that Vitani was a child soldier. She becomes a half lion half cyborg warrior.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby TheLionPrince » December 7th, 2016, 11:56 pm

[quote="ScarXZira10889"]The reason as to why Nuka doesn't say "father" is because 1. He wasn't aloud to tell anyone or 2. He didn't know. OR 3. He didn't want to know him. I'm going to get her to ask about that too. There could be more reasons as to why he doesn't call him "father". If a child is abused by their father and then start to not really see them as their father then they would just refer to them as their nickname. Actually, Flip Kobler had even asked about it. So, the Darrell Rooney post also says that Scar and Zira's relationship was "obscured." Meaning: that they DID have an relationship but it is unclear to what type it was. As for the Bill Motz answer....<br abp="653">He worked right before the idea of Kovu being Scar's son was scrapped. Also, don't forget that his memory may have been a little dogey, so, he wouldn't really remember much. Flip Kobler had also worked with the directors during production. He was even able to get in touch with them and them and the answer was "yes" according to the TLKFAA user. No where does it state on the Darrell Rooney post that Scar isn't the father of Nuka or Vitani. Only Kovu. Bill Motz also said that he only "belives" that they are Scar's offspring. So that can be debunked.[/quote]

I agree with the result that Zira did have a relationship with Scar that is left to viewers' interpretation, but Rooney did end his statement with Zira being "just a follower". Imagine this way, Scar and Zira were probably romantically intimate with each other, but ultimately, she decided to be the leader of his devoted followers. This only leaves to wonder what does that make of Vitani? Nevertheless, there is one huge barring question of what makes Nuka seems almost unlikely to be Scar's son. First, he tells Vitani that he believes he should have the chosen heir because he's the oldest among other things of Zira's children. His claim of being the most oldest was the most telling because usually the oldest heir gets the throne.

I do have another theory of what makes Nuka seems unlikely to be Scar's son, but I'm not willing to share it right now.

As for Bill Motz's statement, I could infer that he was working on that version of the film before it was re-written the moment I finished reading it. I discounted everything he wrote besides the fact that Kovu was originally meant to be Scar's son.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby KionScar » December 8th, 2016, 3:15 am

Perhaps Scar himself didn't want to be called Dad or Father?
KionScar

Pride Points: 10

Postby ScarXZira10889 » December 8th, 2016, 8:56 am

Actually, the last reply was about Scar and Zira having an "obscure" relationship. Wereberues had got the message form someone else as you can see on his post on DA. Just because Nuka doesn't call Scar "father" doesn't mean that he isn't his son. Also, about the "Scar, watch of MY poor Nuka." thing, Zira could be referring to him in a paternal manner. It's pretty much a balanced argument meaning:that some people think that he is his son but, others don't. The most accepted answer to the question of Vitani and Nuka's father is: We don't know.

There are physical similarities between Nuka and Scar, but that might simply be because the Outsider models were based upon Scar's design (the "Outsider" nose model, and other similarities). There's also the line where Nuka says "Scar wasn't even his father... he just took him in." which in some ways implies that Scar is Nuka's father and that Nuka is jealous because his father chose another cub over his own son. But there's also the line when Zira says "You killed your own brother!" which sort of implies that Kovu and Nuka might have had the same father: A rogue. (Of course, most people substitute step-brother or half-brother for brother, so this isn't solid proof either).

So it's one of those things that can't really be proven either way and it has to be left to fans to decide for themselves.

Personally, I believe Nuka is Scar's son, being old enough where it would actually make sense that he is Scar's son. And then I believe Vitani and Kovu had a rogue for a father and came from the same litter, being the same age. So, I also believe that Vitani and Kovu are Nuka's half siblings.
ScarXZira10889
Zira, Queen of PrideRock

Postby Simba_Lion » December 16th, 2016, 10:21 pm

I also believe that Nuka is Scar's child (as Vitani) so I am glad Flip Kopler confirmed it.
Simba_Lion

Nickname(s): Simba
Pride Points: 4

Postby ScarXZira10889 » December 23rd, 2016, 1:35 pm

Same here! :D I need people to spread the word so that they know the official truth! ;)
ScarXZira10889
Zira, Queen of PrideRock

Postby SimbasGuard » December 25th, 2016, 5:53 am

Sadly for the reasons that TheLionPrince mentioned we can not take this as official. The reality is that Zira's relationship with Scar was obscured, so other than what was actually stated in the movie ( The fact that Scar is not Kovu's Father) can be taken as official. As for what I think It is only MY HEADCANON and does not stand up to any logical counter argument.

To Me: Zira's comment that she and Scar "Were close, very close." indicated that Zira and Scar had a relationship. I think that said relationship was under Mufasa's reign and that Nuka is indeed their son. Scar was displeased with Nuka and would not acknowledge Nuka as his son. Therefore Zira (wanting to continue her relationship with Scar) promised that she would never tell Nuka who his father was (Nuka suspected the truth, but never asked his mother about it). When Scar became King he knew that he needed loyal followers and sent for Zira. Zira was expecting Scar to make her his Queen, however Scar told Zira that he wished her to be his First Lieutenant. Zira was crushed, but wanting to please Scar she accepted the position and continued to serve Scar loyally. Scar however chose to end their relationship at that same time. Zira quickly realized what accepting Scar's Offer had cost her, but she said nothing to him. Eventually Zira sought out comfort from a handsome and powerful Rogue Lion that was just passing by the boarders of The Pride Lands. This resulted in Zira becoming pregnant with Vitani and Kovu. Fearing Scar's wrath Zira told Scar that her condition was a result of her negotiating with the powerful Rogue so that he would not attempt to take over The Pride. Scar was impressed with Zira's loyalty (and with the fact that Zira's Rogue was such a powerful Lion), so he told Zira that assuming she gave birth to a male, her son would be his Heir. Then days later when Zira and her lionesses were away from The Pride Lands searching for food. Simba returned.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Next

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride