How old was Zira ?

How old was Zira ?

Postby _Lioness_ » June 30th, 2016, 2:15 am

:evilzira: :zira-approve: :sinister: :ugh:
Maby some of us think Zira's mate is Scar, some of us might think he is Zira's dad.
I am one of them.

Many more fan art pictures are drawn of Zira nala and simba, as a group, some fanart pictures has Taka, Mufasa and Sarabi (and Sarafina) So, here is my question, if Zira knew Simba and Nala so well when they met in 'Simba's Pride' they must have been childhood friends ! But didn't get along so well when they where teenagers. :P :x

But then , Nuka (her cub) was teenage when Kiara was younger. Did this mean Zira was older than Simba and Nala ? Or that she had cubs earlier then them. She also had Vitani and Kovu, (or other theories say she adopted them) If she was older than Simba and Nala, she would be around Mufasa and Scar at her childhood ages.

So which of these theories do you guys think are true ? 8-)
_Lioness_
Keep calm

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And love the Lion king

Nickname(s): Lia
Pride Points: 3

Re: How old was Zira ?

Postby Chavratheserval » June 30th, 2016, 3:56 am

So what I think is that Zira is older than Simba and Nala, but just a bit younger than Scar. She is the mate of Scar. But only Nuka was the only child. He has probably born during Scar's reign? Vitani and Kovu are adopted. And that's why Nuka is older and Kovu and Vitani were adopted later on. ;)
Last edited by Chavratheserval on July 1st, 2016, 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hey there! :glad:
Nicest person you'll ever meet. :P

Love the Lion king! ;)

Check out my Deviantart page!http://sonicboom4560.deviantart.com/
Chavratheserval
NO WAY NO HOW I WON'T SAY I'M

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

my special BROWNIE in life

Nickname(s): Rere
Pride Points: 10

Postby TheLionPrince » July 1st, 2016, 6:19 am

I like to think Zira is in the same generation as Simba and Nala since all three give birth to a new generation of lions: Nuka all the way through to Kiara. Given how Simba pushed off on his responsibilities, of course, he would help give birth to his cub(s) a little later than usual lions and lionesses.

[quote="_Lioness_"]Many more fan art pictures are drawn of Zira nala and simba, as a group, some fanart pictures has Taka, Mufasa and Sarabi (and Sarafina) So, here is my question, if Zira knew Simba and Nala so well when they met in 'Simba's Pride' they must have been childhood friends ! But didn't get along so well when they where teenagers. :P :x
Image[/quote]

Simba and Nala spent their adolescent (or teenage) years separate from each. Where Zira spent her adolescent years is unknown. Perhaps, you mean, the few months they spent as a cub? Zira being a possible childhood friend of Simba and Nala is an intriguing idea and with Zira supporting Scar, it makes their relationship much more personal. It's a good idea for fan fiction, but the film is never clear about Zira's backstory so it's left to imagination.

From the context of Simba's Pride alone, I would assume the two met Zira in the timespan between the defeat of Scar and the hyenas and before the presentation of Kiara.

[quote="_Lioness_"]But then , Nuka (her cub) was teenage when Kiara was younger. Did this mean Zira was older than Simba and Nala ? Or that she had cubs earlier then them. She also had Vitani and Kovu, (or other theories say she adopted them) If she was older than Simba and Nala, she would be around Mufasa and Scar at her childhood ages.

So which of these theories do you guys think are true ? 8-)[/quote]

Zira definitely had cubs before Nala and Simba did, but that doesn't automatically make her older than them. The lions in this universe are anthropomorphic and act more like humans and people can give birth to children at different stages of life regardless of age. Lastly, it's possible for Zira to be in the same generation of Mufasa and Scar, but there's enough of an age gap between Mufasa and cub Simba in which she could have been born in.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Squeely » July 26th, 2016, 8:36 am

I've always imagined Zira growing up alongside Mufasa, Scar, Sarabi, and Sarafina. Since Scar was Mufasa's younger brother, perhaps Zira was a bit younger than Scar, though I like to think it wasn't by much. She just always kinda struck me as being from the generation before Simba's, since it puts her closer in age to Scar, and since Nuka is older. I never really considered that Zira could be from Simba's generation. That would put quite an interesting spin on things.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Carl » July 26th, 2016, 8:51 am

I always assumed she was older than Simba, but younger than his parents. I imagine she was a cub when Scar was adolescent, and was a teen herself when Simba was a cub.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride