What are your overall thoughts on SP?

What do you think of SP over all?

1. A horrible, terrible movie that never should have happened. There is absolutely nothing redeemable about it
3%
2. A terrible movie that disgraces the lion king. I only liked a few tiny parts of the movie: the rest can die in a fire.
No votes
3.A really bad film all around. There were some good parts but most of was really bad. It should not have happened, but it's not the worst thing ever.
No votes
4. Just plain not a very good film. There were enjoyable parts but over all it was pretty bad. I don't like this movie.
8%
5. Mediocre. There are good parts but there's also a lot of bad parts. I found the movie just "meh".
3%
6. A little better then just mediocre, but still not the greatest. It has a lot of good parts but also a lot of really bad ones. Over all just alright
21%
7. A pretty good movie, with a lot of enjoyable and memorable things about it, although it's still definitely flawed
28%
8. A really good movie. Yeah, it has flaws but what doesn't? It's a great movie that I would watch again.
18%
9. An amazing movie, almost as good as the original. There were only a few tiny flaws that drag it down: the rest is awesome.
8%
10. A perfect, flawless movie that may be even better then the original. There is nothing wrong with it whatsoever.
13%

Total votes : 39

Re: What are your overall thoughts on SP?

Postby Squeely » June 23rd, 2017, 8:37 pm

^Bumping old threads is allowed on MLK, so no worries ^-^
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby simbathehedgehog » July 1st, 2017, 9:28 pm

kovu is hot
simbathehedgehog
way past cool

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): simba
Pride Points: -5

Postby Heleigh » March 31st, 2019, 4:31 pm

I voted 2 since I'm not really a fan of SP. Yes, I did watch it several times as a kid, so it's part of the nostalgia in its own way. But first of all, I don't like Kiara, never had (there is something in her personality which bugs me) and Zira, as well as other characters, aren't as memorable as Scar, hyenas etc. This movie is missing charisma and the characters are paper-thin. Especially Simba's personality is horrible, even though I understand why he is so overprotective. But anyhow, not really fond of this movie, even if it's not a bad sequel itself.
Heleigh
In your reflection

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » November 21st, 2019, 1:43 pm

Just voted. I was torn between options 9 and 10 'cause "Simba's Pride" is a top Disney sequel in my book, and 99% of the elements work, from the script to the overall tone and plot. They really match the intensity of the first movie with some lighthearted moments, and all of the voice cast for the returning characters are the same except Rowan Atkinson. That adds continuity. I enjoy all the new ones too, and Zira makes an effective villain. Plus the songs are amazing. I'm glad "He Lives in You" from the Rhythm of the Pridelands album was used in the intro. The opening was as grand as "Circle of Life".
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Postby Stormy » November 21st, 2019, 9:04 pm

I voted 8. I'm not a fan of Simba's overall personality in this one. Yeah I know, he has grown and matured for the most part. But I don't think this should make me feel like he's a completely different character that I never got to know in the first film. But other than that, I really enjoy this movie. For me it's pretty close behind the first film, but it may be just my least favorite out of the 3 movies. Not that it's bad, I just prefer 1 1/2 over the 2nd, mainly because the heartfelt scenes get me more in the 3rd more than the 2nd. However, the music in the movie I absolutely love!! I could totally listen to "He lives in you", "My lullaby", "Not one of us", and "Love will find a way" just as much as the original films music! I like Kiara, though she wouldn't make my top characters list in the franchise. Maybe if I made a list for only the 2nd movie, because I'm not a fan of Kiara in TLG. But other than that, I thought this movie was great!
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

Postby Biomac » December 20th, 2019, 2:56 am

I gave it a 7. Though it certainly is a downgrade, at least graphically, when compared to the original, it remains enjoyable and we get some memorable songs; my personal favourite being We are One. This is movie is by nature a cash grab, yet that does not make it bad.

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby Stormy » February 8th, 2020, 4:50 am

Just gave it a rewatch, and unfortunately I had to change my vote down to a 6. Still love the music, but some of the parts really hit with a drag this time around. I'm not sure why, it just did. But I also remembered how much I love Rafiki lol.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » February 8th, 2020, 6:41 am

[quote="Abyssal_S"]Just gave it a rewatch, and unfortunately I had to change my vote down to a 6. Still love the music, but some of the parts really hit with a drag this time around. I'm not sure why, it just did. But I also remembered how much I love Rafiki lol.[/quote]

Lol How did you find Rafiki now? I recently did another rewatch, and the chorus for Upendi got stuck in my head.
Now available to read!
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Let's get going!

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » February 8th, 2020, 6:41 am

[quote="MeerkatOnTheMoon"][quote="Abyssal_S"]Just gave it a rewatch, and unfortunately I had to change my vote down to a 6. Still love the music, but some of the parts really hit with a drag this time around. I'm not sure why, it just did. But I also remembered how much I love Rafiki lol.[/quote]

Lol I recently did another rewatch, and the chorus for Upendi got stuck in my head.[/quote]
Now available to read!
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Let's get going!

Postby Stormy » February 8th, 2020, 1:18 pm

I just love some of Rafiki’s lines with his personality.
Like when he’s talking to Mufasa. “Kovu.... Kiara... together? This is the plan? ARE YOU CRAZY?!?! ...Mufasa you’ve been up there too long you’ve got your head is in the clouds!”
Upendi got stuck in my head for a bit too lol.
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride